I'm not sure what has happend to the area since the 2008 reviews were written but this old, old hotel sits in the middle of a deserted strip mall that is not very safe or secure. It has seen better days and should have been converted to a Motel 6 years ago. Things there are so old, in fact, that the plumbing "moans" all though the night...I kid you not! I have heard people make reference to pipes that "moan"...Let me tell you...they do! All night long! We kept calling for maintenance and they kept coming up to fix it again and again. Try sleeping in a room across the hall from moaning all night. What's worse is that the front desk knew immediately what we were talking about when we called to complain..."Oh, that's the pipes" she said casually...knowing all the while that she had assigned us to that room that would be annoyed by pipes all night long. Our sleep was interrupted all night long...when the pipes weren't "moaning", the A/C was cycling on and off every five minutes (no exaggeration...I timed it).
It has been painted so many times over the years that there are different colored paint drip marks on almost everything...door knobs, sink, door trim, window sills, etc. There was black mold around the shower knob and the toilet looked as if it had been bought at a salvage yard. Everything was old! And, not in a good "antique" way.
To top it off, the person who had stayed there the night before had left the alarm set for 5:30 AM so we were awakened by that too! (Not entirely the hotel's fault although housekeeping should have a policy of checking that in every room when it is cleaned).
We left there tired, cranky, and upset that Holiday Inn allows their name to be used on a place like this. Unfortunately it is happening with Holiday Inn all too often these days. We are using them less and less.
We left there tired and cranky
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Macon Hotel is conveniently located right off I-75, between Downtown Macon and Northside business districts/attractions. Not to mention only minutes away from the Macon Centerplex and Mercer University. A 94 room interior-corridor hotel with complimentary Continental breakfast and free high-speed Internet in all guest rooms and public areas.The Natalia's Five Star Italian restaurant (located next door) offers Macon's best fine-dining, making the Holiday Inn Express of Macon the favorite business and leisure hotel. Macon is home to the annual Cherry Blossom Festival, Harriet Tubman Museum, and the native home to such musical greats as the Allman Brothers and Otis Redding. Whether you're staying for business or pleasure we look forward to hosting you in Macon, 'The Song and Soul of the South.' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, IHG, Orbitz, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Macon (I-75 & Riverside) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Macon (i-75 And Riverside)
- Holiday Inn Express Macon (i-75 & Riverside) Hotel Macon
- Holiday Inn Macon
- Macon Holiday Inn