“Clean and service above and beyond....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Magnuson Hotel Macon

You added Magnuson Hotel Macon to your Saves list
Magnuson Hotel Macon
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2720 Riverside Drive, Macon, GA 31204 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)   |
Ranked #32 of 66 Hotels in Macon
Greer, South Carolina, United States
“Clean and service above and beyond....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We reside in Greenville SC and were called to be with a family member who was in ICU @ Macon Medical Center; shocking to say the least. We booked two nights here and I cannot express how well we were treated as guests under extreme stress...Stephanie and the other gentleman who worked the night shift (his name excapes me but I think it began with a C. ?) Stephanie prayed with us and went above and beyond her job. As far as the hotel; it was spotless.

Room Tip: We stayed in the corridor to the left of the entrance..no noise or disturbances at all.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Teresa H, Front Office Manager at Magnuson Hotel Macon, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the our property. We are happy to here that the staff was able to accommodate so well in your time of need. We hope to accommodate you again in the future.

Thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
UNIONTOWN, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The hotel was an older hotel in front of a plaza that was for the most part abandoned. The room was clean. The room had a flat screen TV, microwave and refrigerator. I was disappointed that it did not have a desk but instead a table. It was difficult to work at the table because the chairs despite being comfortable were too low to work from at the desk. There was no closet but a rack for clothes by the door; it only had 4 hangers. The water was hot in the shower but needed to be much hotter. I requested that the handle be adjusted so I could make it hotter but maintenance never got around to doing it. You could definitely not burn yourself with the water. They had an issue with a water leak at the time that was more important but I was there 3 days and my issue was not addressed. The orange juice at breakfast was very watered down and in my opinion not drinkable. The lighting in the hallway was very dim. I will be in Macon again next month but will select a different hotel. This hotel needs some attention.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Teresa H, Guest Relations Manager at Magnuson Hotel Macon, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectations specifically with our services and maintanence control. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I just recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on Riverside, and I was more than pleased! As soon as I walked in, I was greeted by one of the most friendliest staffs i've ever encountered. I then proceeded to the room, and was amazed at how clean my it was. Everything was neat and straight. That night, I needed an extra pillow, and when I called front desk, they answered my request so quickly, I didn't have to wait up for a response. The following morning, I was delighted by the breakfast bar, there were many choices, and the breakfast attendant was very pleasant! I would suggest this hotel to anyone who wants to be treated with respect, served by friendly and knowledgeable staff, and experience high quality. If I am ever in this area again, this is the one and only hotel I will stay at!!!!!!

Room Tip: Any room !
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Teresa H, Guest Relations Manager at Magnuson Hotel Macon, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a revire about your stay. We look forward to accommodating you in the future.
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Very dated hotel property but staff service was good. Evening hot wings and Cokes available. Typical Hoiday Inn Express breakfast. Business center consists of a computer with free internet and printer in-between the front desk and front door of the hotel. Right on the interstate - easy on and off.

Room Tip: Requested a room that is updated completely included the bath if it exists.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Somerset,KY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

As a fellow Hotel Operator I was very disappointed when I arrived at this hotel. It sits in an abandoned shopping center, very dark and limited "safe" parking sites. Getting back in to the hotel and to the entrance was quite tricky. After arriving and finally getting checked in and going to my room I noticed "fly traps" hanging all over the place. The walls were painted some of the most outrageous colors ever! The vanity in my bathroom was held on by nearly an inch of caulking and the "timer" for the light switch? Better hope you can shower in less than 10 minutes or your left in the dark! I needed change for the vending machine and had to go to the front desk and much to my surprise the desk clerk was behind the desk in a small office, bent over and snorting something. I rustled around a bit in the lobby to get his attention and when he come to the front desk to assist me there was white powder all over his nose. That truly did not allow me to rest well, knowing my safety and security was in this mans hands.. Would never recommend this facility!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Georgetown, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Though the hotel is a little tricky to get to and you have to go through a vacant parking lot of an abandoned strip mall, it ended up being a very nice hotel. The front desk staff was very accomodating and our room was very clean. Our room was on the sixth floor and it had a vaulted ceiling, which made it seem more roomy. The breakfast was included and was delicious. They had a wide variety of items to choose from and breakfast staff was very welcoming.

Room Tip: Make sure you do not get a room behind the elevator shaft - it's a little noisy.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

After a long day on the road (15 hours) I can usually trust that a Holiday Inn will be a welcome place to stay.. WRONG! Staff was very inconsiderate. Room was not equipped with necessary essentials. Only 3 towels for two of us! If room is not made up for two people the desk staff should offer additional supplies at check in as other hotels do. Two half pillows on the bed where there are usually 6 on a king bed. No extra pillows or blankets in drawers as I have found in other Holiday Inns. Very disappointing after a long day. Breakfast was good and did live up to Holiday Inn standards but nothing else!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Magnuson Hotel Macon, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear 777grandma777,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. It's nice to know that you liked our breakfast. On the other hand, I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectations specifically with our staff and room amenities. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Magnuson Hotel Macon? Share your experiences!