“Should have kept driving” 1 of 5 stars
Review of America's Best Inn Macon

Save Saved
You added America's Best Inn Macon to your Saves list
America's Best Inn Macon
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4991 Harrison Road, I-475 at US 80 East, Exit #3, Macon, GA 31206 (Formerly Motel 6 Macon I-475)   |
Ranked #53 of 65 hotels in Macon
Watertown, Wisconsin
“Should have kept driving”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

We had a similar experience as the previous reviewer. In the middle of the night someone was unlocking our door, as they were assigned the same room that we were. If we hadn't had the chain locked, they would have walked right in. My guess is every key works on every lock in this motel. Really run down place, the phone didn't work, only one working lightbulb in our room - very old, worn out and broken down furnishings. We stopped here because we were exhausted from driving and our options with a dog were limited. In retrospect, we would have rather slept in the car.

Stayed February 2009, traveled with family

8 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
savannah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2007

When we checked in on Sunday, the first room we were given was not cleaned (beds unmade, dirty towels on the floor in the bathroom,etc). Oh and the lights didn't work. The second room was better and was actually clean. Around three a.m. someone with a key tried to enter our room. I thank god had put the security latch on and held the door with my body until the person went away. I called the front desk and the gentleman who answered said he was trying to check our a/c. I asked him why and he said that I called him. Tried to sleep but didn't. The next morning three ladies who were staying at the hotel were at the front desk complaining that someone entered their room around one and they scared him off. He also had a key. The front desk was uncaring to say the least and basically said mistakes happen. These girls complained and tried to speak to a manager. They were told that the manager was not in. After they left and I was checking out, the manager came out of the back room and asked if the complaining girls had left. Needless to say I decided to take this issue up with the home office and not them. Something is going on there and I would not recommend that women traveling alone stay there.

Stayed August 2007

Been to America's Best Inn Macon? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about America's Best Inn Macon

Address: 4991 Harrison Road, I-475 at US 80 East, Exit #3, Macon, GA 31206 (Formerly Motel 6 Macon I-475)
Location: United States > Georgia > Macon
Free Breakfast Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #53 of 65 hotels in Macon
Hotel Class:2 star — America's Best Inn Macon 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your America's Best Inn Macon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Motel Six Macon
Motel 6 Macon
Macon Motel Six
Macon Motel 6

If you own or manage America's Best Inn Macon, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.