“Pleasant Experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bridgeview Inn and Suites

Bridgeview Inn and Suites
You added Bridgeview Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Bridgeview Inn and Suites
6000 Harrison Rd., I-475 & Bypass US-80 Exit 3 Macon, Macon, GA 31206 (Formerly Macon-Days Inn West)   |
Ranked #44 of 66 Hotels in Macon
Griffin, Georgia
“Pleasant Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

This is the Bridgeview Inn in Macon Ga on Harrison Rd, across the street from Motel 6. I was there a few days ago, and Im not normally in Macon, but before I went to this one I visited a few.From my experiences with other hotels simply no customer service. Coming here was a breath of fresh air, things must have changed from the reviews I have read. My experience was PLEASANT ! I was able to get a room without reservation. The room was clean, the carpet, tables, bathroom, towels and so forth. My room had 2 televisions, although Im no big tv watcher, and during the night hours there was a security guard walking around, that was nice to see. Also in the morning there was toast, muffins, cereal, milk, and coffee.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

We stayed here after leaving the Howard Johnson on 475 bypass (see review). We stopped here while on the road just for one night. The room was only $61 plus tax (AAA rate).
Check in was fine. We got to the room and the room itself was big. King bed, sofa, coffee table, and a bathroom. All I needed to sleep. The furniture is very worn around the edges though, the pillows were lumpy and the mini fridge/microwave were very very old (didn't use them though, this was strictly a stop over while traveling through to Florida). The hot water knob in the shower came off so my boyfriend had to take a cold shower because we couldn't get the hot water back on.

If I wasn't so tired I would've coughed up the extra $$$ for a room at the Baymont or Courtyard. However, we were just looking for a cheap room as a stop over. This had a bed and a shower. All we needed. The room was dirty and very very worn but they had cable and clean sheets so as long as those were clean I didn't care.

• Liked — Price and location - many nearby restaurants
  • Disliked — Hot water handle broke, room not very clean
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
GMdaysinnwest, Manager at Bridgeview Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 4, 2011
Dear Guest,

I am very sorry for your experience back in 2008. I would like to update you on a few things we have done since your stay. First, we have done a complete change in our housekeeping department. I think travelers using our facility today will realize a huge difference in our cleanliness. We recently bought new beds for every room, completely renovated the bathrooms in every room, and recently upgraded furniture and currently repainting exterior areas of the property.
We look forward to you visiting our property in the future. We look forward to hearing your thoughts about your stay.

Kit
Manager
Kennesaw
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2008

We took our youth group to this facility for the youth Evangelism Conference booked at the Macon Coliseum each year. When we arrived we checked in, but didn't have time to go to our rooms. The young lady at the front desk was very nice and helpful. She gave us the room keys and off we went to the conference.

When we returned to the hotel around 11:00pm we went to the rooms and one of the 5 rooms we had booked was a smoking room even though we requested all non-smoking rooms. When I called the front desk to discuss the matter with the attendant (who had difficulty speaking English) he told me there were no more rooms available. I then said that we would have to share another room and have that one credited back to our credit card at which time he refused to do and told us if we didn't like it to find some where else to stay.
After much discussion, he told me to speak with the manager tomorrow. Which, I did and she was very pleasant. She apologized for his rudeness and explained he was family of the owner and credited our credit card.

However the rooms were not very clean. The bath tub didn't drain water well and the mattresses were stained with vomit and blood.

The next morning I saw the cleaning staff who were probably the two owners and all they had were clean towels and spray bottles for each room. Not sure how sanitary that really is.

• Liked — It was convient to a lot of eating establishments
  • Disliked — The cleanliness or lack there of
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2006

The towels in our room were stained. The bedding was very worn and crumpled and the pillow cases were too shrivelled to cover the pillows. Blankets were very worn and with burn holes. Lights in the room were not working. Fruit in the breakfast area was over-ripe. The breakfast attendant was picking his nose and handling food items. We have notified Days Inn of these conditions, in the interests of future guests and in the hope that conditions will be improved there.

Anthony, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2004

Front desk manager was very nice; however he did not give me
my government discount when I asked for it. Room was very dirty and
furniture was falling apart. Bathroom - hot water knob broken (only found this
out when we went to take a shower the next morning) - had to use our pliers
to turn it on & off. Floors filthy in the bathroom. Toilet paper dispenser
falling out of wall. When I was walking our dog, I was appalled to see
where someone had poured the bright blue paint that the doors had
recently been painted with, down the hill on the side of the motel and into a
stream! The whole stay was not a very nice experience! We had never had this
many problems with a Days Inn, so we chose what we thought would be the best
motel from all the ones at that exit. We were wrong. If this is how Days Inns motels are run now, we won't be staying at any unless we have no other choice!

Been to Bridgeview Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!