“Not What We Paid For!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Palm Tree Inn

Save Saved
You added Palm Tree Inn to your Saves list
Palm Tree Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2690 Riverside Drive, I-75 at Pierce Avenue, Exit #167, Macon, GA 31204-1456 (Formerly Motel 6 Macon I-75)   |
Ranked #60 of 65 hotels in Macon
Chatsworth, GA
“Not What We Paid For!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2005

My wife had a business meeting in Macon and booked the room in advance online. The confirmation we received was for a king room with a sofa sleeper, fridge, and microwave. The price seemed high but fair for what we were getting.

THEN, we checked in. After waiting for nearly 10 minutes for the clerk to get off the phone we had to painfully endure his reenactment of the conversation with a bonus monolgue of why people are "dumb with directions".

He had obviously never checked in someone with an internet reservation. So, he fumbled around and cursed (G.D. - I hate it when people say that).

Completely exhausted from the day and the drive we walked in to what seems to be the smallest hotel room ever. The bed was not a king, not even a queen, but a full. There was no couch, no 'fridge, and no microwave.

The room was very hot when we walked in, keep in mind that this is mid-February. We turned the air conditioner on and left it on all night. The room never cooled down. Very uncomfortable.

We had forgotten our toiletries case. We called the front desk the next morning to see if we could get hold of some toothpaste and toothbrush. We were told no by the snappy morning clerk, "We don't do that!" I'm assuming she's not familiar with the signs in the bathroom announcing the service.

All in all, I give it a thumbs down, two thumbs in fact. I don't recommend this property at all. Try harder Comfort Inn!

Jake McGill

• Stayed February 2005, traveled on business

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2005

My experience was on Jan. 2, 2005. This has to be the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. It was booked online and I based my selection on their self description. Don't believe anything it says. When we arrived the solitary desk clerk was half asleep. With bored indifference she gave me my room key. The exterior was littered with trash, the room was old, dirty, and they tried to cover it with some sweet smelling room freshener. The walls were so thin I could hear the children above me running back and forth until 10PM, and I didn't want to walk around in the room without my shoes on. And the complimentary breakfast
bar was pathetic. A couple of old pieces of fruit, some stale muffins, and not even any real milk or cream for your coffee. Just some powdered milk packets. Stay away from this one!!!

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2004

I made this reservation for 2 nights but only stayed for 1 due to the poor service and quality. The air conditioner in the room was broken and the sheets on the bed were blood-stained with hairs on them. The front desk refused to move us to another room and just handed us a new set of sheets. The continental breakfast was disgraceful and the entire hotel lobby was in desperate need of cleaning.

I will likely never stay at another Choice Hotel based on this experience.

Been to Palm Tree Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Palm Tree Inn

Address: 2690 Riverside Drive, I-75 at Pierce Avenue, Exit #167, Macon, GA 31204-1456 (Formerly Motel 6 Macon I-75)
Location: United States > Georgia > Macon
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Swimming Pool
Ranked #60 of 65 hotels in Macon
Hotel Class:2 star — Palm Tree Inn 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Palm Tree Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Motel 6 Macon i-75 Hotel Macon
Motel Six Macon
Macon Motel Six
Macon Motel 6

If you own or manage Palm Tree Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.