“Very Scary!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Palm Tree Inn

You added Palm Tree Inn to your Saves list
Palm Tree Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2690 Riverside Drive, I-75 at Pierce Avenue, Exit #167, Macon, GA 31204-1456 (Formerly Motel 6 Macon I-75)   |
Ranked #61 of 66 Hotels in Macon
Atlanta
“Very Scary!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2008

We were planning on spending one night in Macon but after our phone rang costantly (several hangs ups and wrong numbers)
and we woke up to a man standing in our room (not sure how he got in) we packed our bags and left. We only spent a few hours in our room before we realized that it would be safer for us to drive in the middle of the night then to spend another hour in this motel.

There were kids playing in the hallways, a lobby full of kids hanging out and several strange people that we encountered as we were walking to our room in the back of the hotel.
I have stayed in a lot of motels but never felt more scared than I did in the few hours I spent in the Macon Motel 6.

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Liked — Hated the entire experience.
  • Disliked — Didn't feel safe.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
APPLETON
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2008

I can say two positives about this hotel. It is clean, and the desk staff are couteous. Other than that, if you like loud parties, slamming doors, etc., in the middle of the night, this is the place to stay. If you like telephones that do not work, and apparently cannot be fixed, bath tubs that do not drain when you take a shower, this is the place to stay. There are no microwaves or refrigerators in rooms, although I understand questionable ones are, if you ask. And, of course, teensie bars of soap that seem like they are made of commercial laundry soap are always appreciated. All in all, not worth the money spent at any price.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — noise, non working things in the room
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2006

Cosmetology students beware: Our rooms are in the basement! It's okay if you have to stay one night, but not for $60. Small room, large desk, large desk chair, staticky tv, NO COFFEE POT like it says it has on the hotel webpage, and crappy maid service. Under the toilet seat was filthy, the toilet literally ran all night, the bathtub dripped, and the two little shampoo bottles were empty. With the air turned off, the room had a strange smell. The beds were comfortable, though, the sheets clean, the rooms were quiet. (After all, we're in the basement) The free breakfast was better than expected. Donuts, blueberry muffins, OJ, different types of cereal, and coffee. When my mother was checking us out, she heard a man complaining about his bathroom being filthy and wrote a letter to the manager and wanted to speak to him. She said that the manager didn't really care too much about what he had to say. The hotel is okay, I guess for one night, if you don't live near by.

• Liked — comfortable bed and clean sheets
  • Disliked — the maid service
  • Tips/Secrets — find another place!
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2006

I knew the place would be bad as it had vacancies at 10PM on a Friday night so no big surprise. I got a few beers, drank them and went to sleep with my clothes on. I felt really sorry for the families with kids who stayed here. Very nasty and run down but no visible insects. Everyhting is all torn up, supposedly udner rennovation but I doubt it.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
Tifton, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2006

I stayed here for a meeting. The reviews were so terrible, probably from before the date that Ramada acquired this property, I thought an update was called for. The room was not bad, certainly not dirty. The floors are hardwood floors, which is unusual, but you don't have to worry about whether the carpet is clean. The beds are very high, also unusual, and the rooms are very basic. Except that there was both a refrigerator and a microwave. That was a big plus. There was no coffee for the coffee maker, but when I mentioned it at the front desk on check-out, the manager apologized. No big deal, as there was coffee in the lobby. The breakfast is pretty standard, I thought. Bagels, muffins, danish, pre-made french toast, cereal and juice. There is a work center in the lobby with computers. But I don't think there was internet connectivity in the rooms. There are some noise problems. Renovation seems to be on-going and is clearly needed. But the next time we have a meeting here, I won't hesitate to stay.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
Chatsworth, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2005

My wife had a business meeting in Macon and booked the room in advance online. The confirmation we received was for a king room with a sofa sleeper, fridge, and microwave. The price seemed high but fair for what we were getting.

THEN, we checked in. After waiting for nearly 10 minutes for the clerk to get off the phone we had to painfully endure his reenactment of the conversation with a bonus monolgue of why people are "dumb with directions".

He had obviously never checked in someone with an internet reservation. So, he fumbled around and cursed (G.D. - I hate it when people say that).

Completely exhausted from the day and the drive we walked in to what seems to be the smallest hotel room ever. The bed was not a king, not even a queen, but a full. There was no couch, no 'fridge, and no microwave.

The room was very hot when we walked in, keep in mind that this is mid-February. We turned the air conditioner on and left it on all night. The room never cooled down. Very uncomfortable.

We had forgotten our toiletries case. We called the front desk the next morning to see if we could get hold of some toothpaste and toothbrush. We were told no by the snappy morning clerk, "We don't do that!" I'm assuming she's not familiar with the signs in the bathroom announcing the service.

All in all, I give it a thumbs down, two thumbs in fact. I don't recommend this property at all. Try harder Comfort Inn!

Jake McGill

• Stayed February 2005, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2005

My experience was on Jan. 2, 2005. This has to be the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. It was booked online and I based my selection on their self description. Don't believe anything it says. When we arrived the solitary desk clerk was half asleep. With bored indifference she gave me my room key. The exterior was littered with trash, the room was old, dirty, and they tried to cover it with some sweet smelling room freshener. The walls were so thin I could hear the children above me running back and forth until 10PM, and I didn't want to walk around in the room without my shoes on. And the complimentary breakfast
bar was pathetic. A couple of old pieces of fruit, some stale muffins, and not even any real milk or cream for your coffee. Just some powdered milk packets. Stay away from this one!!!

Been to Palm Tree Inn? Share your experiences!