“Best Western Champ” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 66 Hotels in Macon
Monterey, Tennessee
“Best Western Champ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

Have passed this Hotel many times going back and forth to Florida from my home in Tennessee and finally decided to stay here to meet my sister who drove up from Florida. Upon arrival I was greeted graciously by Philip who acknowledged my elite status with Best Western. He immediately made me feel special and welcome. He asked if I was interested in a room upgrade which was very nice and also not often offered at other hotels. The room was comfortable, nicely decorated and had very speedy wireless internet which I appreciate. The grounds are very well maintained and even though the hotel is adjacent to I-475 you couldn't tell. Very quiet. The location is near many restaurants and is also close to good shopping. I would definitely stay here again and have told others in my family about this hotel.

Room Tip: The pool is indoor so there aren't loud splashing folks outside your door.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
ChristinaPalmerGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites of Macon, responded to this review, October 6, 2011
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip
through Macon, Ga.
Warmest Regards, Christina Palmer, G.M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Bowling Green, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

I make at least two or three trips to Florida each year. This property is about the half way point for me. Since I travel alone and have some health issues, I like to be near the office and I have a favorite room. I always call Mrs. Palmer to make my reservation and she immediately remembers me and the room I prefer. She and other staff members have always gone the extra mile to make my stay comfortable and pleasant. They always tell me if I need anything during the night to call the front desk. I always feel secure. I appreciate the staff very much and look for to seeing them again in November.

Room Tip: I prefer a room on the right side (right side if you are facing the motel)
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
ChristinaPalmerGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites of Macon, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
I recognize your last name from your sign on . You are a precious lady and it is alway's a pleasure to see you . Thank you so much for being loyal to us over the years. Thank you for
taking the time to write a review on your wonderful stays with us and the kind words you wrote
about our staff. We look forward to seeing you again very soon !!
Regards, Christina Palmer, General Manager
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

I have stayed at Best Westerns before and never really had any problems. My mother decided that, on this trip, we should stop at the ramada inn. We were driving to TN, It was dirty. Not slum dirty but uncomfortable dirty. We then decided to go ahead to the best Western. It was only a couple of dollars more, but what a differance. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They let us check out the room before we took it. After everything i had seen at the other hotel, I was going to be extremely thorough. I checked the toilet, sink, bath tub, carpet, counters, sheets, and pillow cases (the Ramada had dried blood spots on the pillow case), all eight of them. The room was very clean. We went to the continental breakfast the next morning. The employee again was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast had a lot of choices and the Belgian waffles were great. We will definately be staying at this Best Western, the next time we are driving through Macon.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
ChristinaPalmerGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites of Macon, responded to this review, September 5, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write all the wonderful comments about our
hotel as well as the staff. We look forward to seeing you again !!
Warmest Regards,
Christina Palmer
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

Just want to say that we had a great one-night stay there - clean room, all amenities functioning, helpful staff. Couldn't have been any better.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
ChristinaPalmerGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites of Macon, responded to this review, August 26, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Warmest Regards, Christina Palmer , GM
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We always stay at a Best Western when in Cordele Ga. so when visiting Macon I knew we'd stay in Best Western again. For the price you really can't beat it! Clean, comfortable and staff is always friendly. When looking for a nights stay I always look for a Best Western first.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
ChristinaPalmerGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites of Macon, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our property as well as all Best Western's
certainly appreciate your loyalty. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Warmest Regards, Christina Palmer
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

My three sisters and myself planned a get-away for shopping at 'KHOLS' and just relaxing in the hot tub and chilling out for a few days.Our trip was very successful!!!! Shopping was great and the hot tub even better.The front desk staff was so helpful, we needed another chair for our room and before I could get back to the room it was there!!!! The hot tub and pool being enclosed was a dream with the temps being so high-----very peaceful and relaxing. Just what we needed after a long day of shopping!!! We are looking foward to planning our next trip and will being staying at Best Western Suites on Chambers Rd again. Hope to see Phillip and Christine again----they really helped make our trip enjoyable!!!

Room Tip: rooms are very spacious and clean
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
I am so glad you guys had a great stay and a relaxing shopping trip. Thank you for your
kind words. We certainly look forward to seeing you again soon !
Warmest Regards, Christina Palmer
Olathe, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

We had just traveled from Kansas and stopped to let kids swim and for us all to get rest before traveling on to Florida. The service desk attendant was nice and friendly. Upon entering each of 3 rooms the smells were overwhelming. One room was musty, one smelled of urine extremely bad and one had a very smelly shower curtain. I would not recomend this hotel due to the smell.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
I really apologize about the problems you had during your stay. It's been so hot , the a/c has been kept running and it is causing a musty smell. We have now purchased a machine to
put into the rooms to resolve this issue. Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. We are working very hard on improving .
Warmest Regards, Christina Palmer, GM

Been to BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites of Macon? Share your experiences!