Upon check in I notice there was only one clerk working the front desk. The lobby was over crowded with guest and lots of young teens. Both lobby computers were being used and the clerk was being asked questions over and over by the lady at one of the computers. The front desk clerk told the lady at the computer that she'd be with her in a moment after checking this rude woman in front of me in...that woman stomped her feet and walked over leaving the clerk in the middle of checking her in to assist a lady at a computer. I thought maybe they were kin or something, but it turns out this lady just had a bad day.
This hotel needs two people working at the same time when there is a group reservation showing up. I wanted to just get to my room, but I waited not only for the lady that decided she'd show out and help someone at the computer, but there were people lined up at the long desk asking other questions that could have waited I'm sure.
The front desk clerk quickly with a smile checked me in after the rude guest was gone and the person at the computer seemed happy and waved at the front desk clerk on the way back to wherever she came from. That front desk clerk has a lot of character to put up with what that guest was dishing out unexpectedly. The owners need to consider giving a helping hand when in a tight bind like this so everybody can be accommodated quickly or quicker.
The hotel lobby stunk and smelled of cigarettes. The floors were dingy looking and the room that I stayed inside of was old and out of date. Oh, and the hotel lobby restroom was a joke! I would not recommend this hotel to anybody except low life drunks that enjoy smoking and having a good time. This is not a suitable place for families with children. And the clerk looked like she was over worked and hurt by the way that rude guest acted when she told the lady on the computer that she'd be with her in a moment.
After being told that check out was at 11am and a free breakfast was served, I put all the issues behind me. That breakfast room was a joke, I left after walking around early the next morning observing just to get a cup of coffee. The food was not fit for an animal to eat. Terrible service for free food and the breakfast attendant was sitting leaning against a table in another room connected to the breakfast room.
I could not wait to get out of Macon, Georgia, so I just checked out only to find the same clerk working that morning with a smile on her face, God bless her for being kind. The world could use more people like her that are obviously underpaid and overworked in customer service. The owners should value an employee like her.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Riverside Hotel Macon
- Best Western Riverside Hotel
- Best Western Macon
- Macon Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit the 'Cherry Blossom Capital of the World' in Georgia and stay at this interior corridor BEST WESTERN Riverside Inn in Macon. We are located in the heart of Georgia off of Interstate 75. Our hotel provides easy access to local tourist attractions including the Georgia Music Hall of Fame, the Georgia Sports Hall of Fame and the Macon Coliseum. Guests traveling on business will appreciate the close proximity to corporate locations such as the Cigna Corporate Center, the Georgia Farm Bureau and McDonnell Douglas.All newly renovated guest rooms feature high-speed Internet access and cable television with HBO®. Guests can enjoy cocktails at the onsite lounge. Hotel amenities include an outdoor pool, exercise facility, meeting facilities and a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast. Pets are also welcome. The BEST WESTERN Riverside Inn is one mile from downtown Macon featuring a variety of restaurants and numerous shops. Guests of the hotel will also be close to the Tubman Museum and the Museum of Arts and Sciences. While in town, guests can enjoy the Cherry Blossom Festival in March or listen to music at the Southern Jubilee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Best Western, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your BEST WESTERN Riverside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.