“One of the most friendly receptions I have received in USA.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #21 of 66 Hotels in Macon
“One of the most friendly receptions I have received in USA.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Excellent friendly reception. Made me feel very welcome I would recommend it . The rooms were very clean and the breakfast was substantial. Again the staff were really attentive to my requirements and made my stay very comfortable and relaxing.

• Stayed February 2013
Shobha31206, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Macon West, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you, we appreciate your thoughtful comments! We certainly want our guests to feel the outstanding 'Southern Hospitality' the moment they arrive! We're pleased to hear you found your room comfortable and enjoyed the great service from our team. We are passing along your gracious compliments of the team they are outstanding representative. It is always means so much when a guest extends compliments to our team and we thank you very much. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with Trip Advisor readers. We are delighted that you enjoyed the accommodations and breakfast. Have a pleasant and safe trip back home.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel twice while visiting family in the Macon area before traveling to Florida. The location is fantastic; conveniently located next to a Target shopping center. The staff was courteous and helpful and my room was very clean. You are close enough to the highway to be able to travel fairly quickly whether north or south. The breakfast is fresh and prompt. I would highly recommend this hotel for its location, staff, affordability, and amenities. It's always a great place to stay with friendly staff, this is my second home away from home!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you I am so happy you liked your accommodation and the great service you’re received from my team. Thank you for taking the time to express your observations. It is our pleasure to always attend to all the needs of our guests. Our team members are so full of pride to be a part of the Holiday Inn Express brand. I strongly trust that our team has a burning desire to be triumphant and they will be, by providing the same service and breakfast quality to all of our guests like they provided for you. I hope we may welcome you again in the near future. Have pleasant week.
Lawrenceville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We give this hotel the top star. Everything exceeded our expectations.

We arrived in the evening after a long day of traveling to a well-lit parking lot with plenty of spaces. The front desk clerk was very friendly and checked us in quickly. The room was very clean with lots of outlets, excellent TV, and very responsive thermostat. Bed was perfect, with a mix of soft and firm pillows. Bathroom was a comfortable size with nice toiletries and very clean. There was no noise from other rooms so we slept quite well.
 This hotel has the best value for the business traveler and family travelers with plenty of restaurants in the area.
The front desk clerks, housekeeping and General Manager were very friendly.
 We will definitely return without question. We loved the hotel, the price, and the location (close to a highway.) Overall this is a great hotel to stay at and we highly recommend it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Shobha31206, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Macon West, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you, we appreciate your thoughtful comments! We certainly want our guests to feel the outstanding 'Southern Hospitality' the moment they arrive! We're pleased to hear you found your room comfortable and enjoyed the great service from our team. We are passing along your gracious compliments of the team they are outstanding representative and wonderful colleague. It is always means so much when a guest extends compliments to our team and we thank you very much. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with Trip Advisor readers. We are delighted that you enjoyed the accommodations and the service from our Ladies and Gentlemen here. Have a pleasant and safe trip back home.
Cincinnati, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

It's definitely not a destination property, nor is the area around it, but it was clean and comfortable. It appears to be rather new and is off by itself in an area being developed by all the typical chain restaurants and stores.
We had three rooms, all with a seating area, I think they were upgrades. All were clean and comfortable with lots of space.
A very nice place to stay on the way to or from somewhere more interesting.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience. Customer feedback is our greatest reward. We know where to keep up the good work and where to improve our service. I certainly hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Macon, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Roach in the middle of my bed (luckily there was a second in the room because there was no offer to move nor did anyone come up to check). Management disinterested. Manager unprofessional in appearance and demeanor. Housekeeper entered my room while I was in the shower.

I felt like I was more an inconvenience to staff than part of why they receive a pay check.

This hotel was much better when Melissa Ramanlal was the GM. This Shohba person is a joke and is ruining a hotel I want to love for it's location and beauty.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Shobha31206, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Macon West, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We strive to provide excellent customer service to each of our guests. However, we understand that sometimes, regardless of what we do to resolve an issue it doesn't make up for your inconvienence.

We wish you the best of luck with your future travels.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Used 15k points to reserve this room on a long trip from Gainesville to Knoxville. I am a Platnium Priority Member and got to this hotel at 11:58 at night. Once I got in the security door, I was greeted by a not so pleasent receptionist. Looks like I woke her from sleep. Took my 40 minutes to check in because my reservation somehow had dissapeered. She had to call corporate and clicked that damn mouse 4 million times. Hardly said two words to us while we stood there with our luggage. She had a room reserved for me but some other issue I guess using my points for the stay. Asked 3 times if we could just get the key and let her work out the details. She magically got everything worked out. Asked me what type of room would I like and I said a king. She never said anything. Finnally got to the room at 12:40 so mad I could not go to sleep. Got to the room expecting a king and it was a double. called fromt desk and asked, lady said that ince she finally got into the system, there were no kings. no big deal, if she would have at least said something. Ruined a not so good day anyway. Thanks Holiday Inn....if this is how you treat a platinum member....how do you treat people off the street. Room was clean, twin bed comfortable, breakfast decent, coffee "thank god" was a plenty! Thanks nice lady! Made my night!

• Stayed November 2012
First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were only here for one night on our road trip. The hotel was really nice, lovely rooms, clean and tidy. The gym was good. Express breakfast had something for everyone. The staff were excellent and couldn't do enough for guests. I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Shobha31206, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Macon West, responded to this review, November 6, 2012

Have a great Thanksgiving with your family and friends

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Macon West? Share your experiences!