“This hotel has cockroaches and the service staff and manager were rude and flippant.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Macon West

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #17 of 65 hotels in Macon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

Our room wasnt ready on time. We awoke to the sound of scratching. My husband brought a three inch cockroach trapped in a cup to the front desk. The staff was flippant. She said "it's the South". If you have an issue with this hotel they will not help resolve it. We were spoken down to and the GM was rude. We booked a $130 room and we had to leave early, creeped out and upset.

• Stayed July 2012
Shobha31206, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Macon West, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
We strive to provide excellent customer service to each of our guests. Our Check Inn time is 3.00pm, our ladies and gentlemen try their best to make our guest feel at home and make their stay comfortable and pleasant. Please accept my sincere apology.

We wish you the best of luck with your future travels.

93 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Beautiful building, helpful staff, delicious breakfast, close to lots of restaurants, but no traffic noise. Seemed to be newly renovated rooms, lobby, etc. - very stylish! And super clean! Would stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Macon West, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for the nice review. We are very happy that you and your family had a great stay. The staff appreciates your comments and we look forward to the opportunity of hosting your next stay in Macon. I hope your travel was pleasant traveling back home.
Thank you again.
Henderson, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Very nice and clean, great breakfast, nice pool and fitness center, excellent internet speed and access. Very quiet. Turn at the McDonalds and it is down the road to the right. Harder to find, but it makes it quieter. Very pleasant. Compared to many other places we have stayed, this one rocks!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Macon West, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I will make sure to pass along your comments to our Ladies and Gentlemen so they know their hard work and dedication is noticed and appreciated by our guests. It is guests like you, who take the time to share positive thoughts, that encourage our staff to always deliver excellent customer service.
We hope you had a wonderful vacation and hope to see you at our hotel again.

IN THE END THE ONLY PERSPECTIVE THAT MATTERS IS OUR GUEST!
*****Happy 4th of July******
Southeast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

My children and I were impressed by this facility. It is nearly new, clean, and quiet. The personnel were all friendly and efficient. The breakfast was good and replenished frequently.
It was also a treat that our room had 2 queen beds, instead of two standards, with comfortable pillows and new-ish linens.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Shobha31206, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Macon West, responded to this review, May 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are grateful that all of our hard work and dedication is noticed and appreciated. I will make sure to share your thoughts and experience with my staff.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience. Our guests' appreication is what makes everything worth it. Our goal is to always meet and exceed your expectations. I'm thrilled to know we have consistantly done so.
Thank you so much greatly appreicated
Jacksonville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on May 3rd and we couldn't have been more pleased. It is very clean and the staff was very courteous. The location was simple to find (via my Garmin) and it was very quiet at night. They also serve a great breakfast that is free of charge (B&G, baccon, pan cakes, muffins, juice - you name it). I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
We hope you had a wonderful vacation and hope to see you at our hotel again.
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on Harrison Road in April. This is a newer property built as an upscale Holiday Inn Express on a crowded Interstate exit; there are a large number of competing properties to choose from.

The location is not the best, it's hard to find due to all of the competing hotel / motel signs but the exit itself is convenient for anyone coming off I-475 going to or coming from Atlanta.

I really like this Hotel, its newer and is really nice in its decor and exterior curb appeal; the landscaping is excellent and the parking lot has excellent lighting. The interior is a dark wood theme with a classic look offset by a modern lobby, the front desk is the new free standing version.

The room was adequate in its size with nice wood furnishings, even in the bathroom. All Holiday Inns have wifi and it worked well. The rooms come with refrigirator and microwave and a coffe maker in the bathroom, also included is a hair dryer, iron and ironing board.

In general this is a small hotel with a large lodge type feel. The breakfast was good and served in a nice dining area; free USA Today newspapers and 24 hour coffee are provided. The breakfast is a hot version with scrambled eggs, sausage links, etc. The staff kept the trays full and the area clean.

The housekeeping appears to be excellent from what I saw and the best part is the service. The check in was quick and courteous with everything preprinted and ready to go.

On Saturday April 21, 2012 I left my "Man Bag" in the business center and went on my merry way to find the Joshua Cup coffee house. I called around 9:30pm that night and a very nice young man found my stuff and arranged for its pickup. This guy was more than just nice he was exceptional.

You will like this property with the exception of its location, that is my only grip but with GPS and a sharp eye you can find it. I would invest in some signage and maps for reserved guests.

I will be back, check it out.

Room Tip: I would recommend an upper floor room toward the back for less noise.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Shobha31206, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Macon West, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are grateful that all of our hard work and dedication is noticed and appreciated. I will make sure to share your thoughts and experience with our ladies and gentlemen.

Once again thank you for sharing your experience. Our guests' appreication is what makes everything worth it. Our goal is to always meet and exceed your expectations. I'm thrilled to know we have consistantly done so.

Thank you so kindly.
Austin, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

The hotel looked clean and decent overall, however, I found three silverfish bugs in my room, one in the tub, one by the door and one by the window! I found them in the morning that I was leaving, otherwise I probably would not have stayed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
I am concerned about the problem you encountered at our hotel during your recent visit. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. Be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed and that appropriate action has been taken, We hope that you will give us another chance in the future.
Its the season as they come from outside, but i resure you that we have the pest control come out each month.
We want each of our guests to feel at home with us. Please accept my sincere apology.
Once again I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concern with us.
We look forward to serving you in the future.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Macon West? Share your experiences!