“Good hotel choice in Macon” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
2x HHonors Points
Ranked #4 of 66 Hotels in Macon
Travelers Rest, South Carolina
“Good hotel choice in Macon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is my second visit to Macon in recent weeks. On my first trip, I stayed on the West side of town which was not convenient to the downtown area. On this trip, I chose the Hampton Inn near I-75 north of the city. It is an easy trip to the downtown area, taking no more than 10 minutes. More importantly, it is a good hotel! The staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast is good and has good choices. There is a nightly reception providing light snacks and beer/wine. The rooms are clean and well provisioned. If business calls me back to Macon, I'll stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Statesboro, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is our choice for our annual conference we attend rather than the host hotel. Fitness room is above average and the entire hotel is very very clean. Typical Hampton breakfast, but again very clean and well stocked. Rooms are nice and quiet, closeness to the nice outside mall is also very attractive.

Room Tip: Street side is quieter
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Other hotels nearby but we chose the Hampton Inn. Right choice. From the entrance to once we were in our room, clean, smelled good, friendly and helpful staff. The experience was good. Room was clean and comfortable mattress with lots of pillows.

Staff in the morning were friendly and accomodating. Breakfast was good and attendant busy making sure our wants and needs were met.

Checkout was quick and easy. Would I stay here again? You bet. Would I recommend to others? You bet. Liked the fact restaurants were close by too.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Sylacauga, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is a better than average Hampton. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are very clean. they have an afternoon reception and provide free beer and wine, and some nice small plates, wings the night I was there. Close to some good restaurants. I'll stay here the next time I'm in Macon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Everything was clean along with a nice staff and updated rooms. They even had a manager's reception with Beer on draft and appetizers. I would suggest this location if you are in the Macon area as there are several places to eat near by.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

The Hampton Inn & Suites Macon-GA is a perfect stay for a restful relaxing night. We drove a long ways to Florida to spend Christmas with family. We were looking for a hotel to spend the night around Macon. We like the Hampton Chain.
We found the Hampton Inn Macon on I 75 extremely comfortable, cozy, inviting, clean..
Breakfast is delicious; fresh fruit, warm oats, yogurts, eggs etc.
Different options of restaurants walking distance from the hotel.
Will probably stay there again on the way back home.

Just one suggestion for the Hampton Inns in general; please install chargers for electrical vehicles. The night we arrived there, a customer who arrived before, was having a hard time finding a plug in for his Chevy Volt.

As Chevy Volt owners we understand how important it is to have them when you are staying overnight in a hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Key West, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at this very clean and friendly Hampton Inn. From check in to check out the staff we had contact with was great, always a smile and a friendly hello. Our room was clean and comfortable, the bed was super as usual in a Hampton. had to fight the pillows a little, not my favorite but maybe I should travel with my own. My wife is a tech junkie and the room was great for places to plug in all her "stuff". This is not the case in many hotels so that was a real plus. Breakfast was very good food and hot and a good selection. The entire hotel was well keep and I would recommend it for one traveling through Macon. Easy to get to from the interstate and lots of food close.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple