“Cute little place” 3 of 5 stars

Description: http://www.yelp.com/biz/china-gourmet-chinese-restaurant-macon
Georgia
“Cute little place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

But the food is not outstanding. The service is okay as long as it is not very busy. The prices are reasonable.

Visited August 2013

Macon
“Pretty Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

A good Chinese food restaurant. We especially like Friday nights when they have a pianist play show tunes for the guests. My wife keeps asking for songs from Sound of Music and South Pacific. Wide selection of more than just the standard Chinese fare, all well seasoned and cooked. Affordable prices and typically very congenial servers. If you come often, the owner makes it a point to get to know you, and many families choose it for special occasions. The only negative is that the atmosphere is a little dated.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Not happy or impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Read a recent review and figured Id give the place a try since it was right next to the hotel I was staying at. Very dated decor and dirty. Service was nice, owner/server was attentive and nice. The food started coming out faster than I could eat, but the quality was not good. Soup , OK, Eggroll, OK, General Taos chicken had an uncooked flavor and texture.. made me nauseas. Sad to say I spent more than i wanted to , or that I would've paid at a nearby chain restaurant , where I know the food quality is up to par. Lesson learned.

Visited April 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best Chinese This Side of the Pacific”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Allow me to start out by saying that EVERYONE thinks their childhood neighborhood Chinese restaurant is the best. It’s the best Chinese food on the planet, and nothing can beat it. It’s the same thing for me with China Gourmet … except this IS the best Chinese food this side of the Pacific no matter what you have to opine on the matter. And while the food is outstanding, the extra serving of love that comes from Ms. Amy makes this place unbeatable.

I’ve been coming to China Gourmet since I was a little kid. One Sunday after church, my grandparents and I stopped in to this new little hidden restaurant in the corner of a strip mall. Amy immediately showered us with genuine hospitality and some darn good food too. (The Honey Chicken is of particular greatness.)

I’ve grown up and moved on from small little Macon. However, my grandparents still live here and I visit them regularly. I may only visit China Gourmet once or twice a year, but every time I walk through the door she always welcomes me as if I’m a long lost child. She always wants to know where I live, what I’m doing, how my family is, if I have a girlfriend and she always tells me how I look “strong like grown man!” And while she makes me feel special, as if I the most important person who has ever walked into the restaurant, she does the same for everyone. She recognizes most people that come through her door. And, believe me, she’ll recognize you too.

• Visited September 2012