“No phone service, loud customers, very old property” 3 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Macon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3950 River Place Drive, Macon, GA 31210   |
Ranked #33 of 66 Hotels in Macon
Mableton, Georgia
“No phone service, loud customers, very old property”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

It was just a place to lay my head. For the price it was good but will not stay here again. hotel guests were loud. someone banged on my door at 300am in the morning. no phone or breakfast service. will not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Zandra G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Macon, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for recent review. I sincerely apologize for the issues related to your stay here at our North Macon, GA location. We regret that our phone service was inoperable due to a power outage within the system at the time of your stay. Service has since been restored. We do offer coffee and hot tea in our lobby 24 hours a day and hope to offer continental breakfast in the future. Again, I apologize and hope that you will reconsider giving us the opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Dayton, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

It was a great stay. I have been there twice and my family stayed there for several weeks. We all enjoyed the service. I enjoyed the hospitality from the front desk staff and the clean pool. I like the fact that its a safe area, lots of eating places near by. The front staff was friendly and cooperative. My compliments to the front line staff. Just need to sharpen up on the cleaning crew. Some of the rooms are not as clean or updated as other rooms.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are not as clean as other rooms. The last time we stayed in one of them the walls...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to share your experience at our North Macon, GA location. Our team is happy that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate the great information about our proximity to restaurants and the safety of our area. We are working with our housekeeping staff daily to obtain and maintain the expectations of our valued guests. We are in the process of updating our property and we look forward to hosting you and your family in the future.
Gainesville, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Nothing special, but the price is right. We just needed a place to sleep. We didn't see any bugs and we didn't get kooties. Got a room for $33 with taxes and fees included in the price. The clerk was friendly and helpful. It was right off the freeway but we didn't hear freeway noise while sleeping.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Zandra G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Macon, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share you experience at the Red Roof Inn Macon. We are delighted that you were satisfied with your stay. We are conveniently located off Interstate 75 and provide clean, comfortable accomodations at a fantastic rate. We look forward to seeing you on a future visit should your travel plans return you to Macon.
Clitheroe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

First time at a Red Roof Inn and pleasantly surprised. Friendly and attentive staff, particularly Michelle, and comfortable, clean room.
I did not intentionally choose the hotel but got it through the Hotwire site - they were sending me emails re lowest prices for the holiday and, as I thought I might struggle to get something on Memorial Day weekend, I gave in to their offers.
Although the hotel was good, the Hotwire experience was certainly not - essentially their practice is quite deceptive - they quote cheaper rates - marginally - than the main booking sites and the hotel's own sites but what they don't tell you is that they charge, on average, $10 dollars booking fee which is added as "tax and fees" - which takes them beyond the total cost with the other booking agents and was $5 higher than booking through Red Roof's own website. Not a great difference but the deceptive practice is the issue. Their lower initial cost posting allows them to meet their lowest price guarentee but no where do they mention the additional fees they charge. You also get no choice of hotel and the information re the hotel's facilities and room facilities is extremely poor.
Basically, use Hotwire at your peril. I'm not sure how they got my email address but I believe they are part of the Expedia group and I used them a few years ago.
Macon has some beautiful Victorian buildings but is clearly in the throes of the economic depression and not worth visiting for tourism purposes.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. We are deligted your first experience with the Brand was a pleasant one. I am glad Michelle and the team here exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you here in Macon the next time your travel plans bring you to the area and encourage you to stop at one of the many Red Roof Inn locations across the country. We all provide a great value and great rates. Be sure to check out Redroof.com to find some fabulous deals or call 1-800-RedRoof. Once again Thank you for sharing our experience.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

All the basics, no frills- worked great for $34 & right off I-75. Wi-fi provided, but doesn't work on all devices since it requires a pop-up "I accept" screen, which did not appear for my phone as it did for my laptop. Work desk in room is huge.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our location on Tripadvisor. I hope your travel plans bring you back to this location in the near future. I am delighted you accomodations were satisfactory and you found us to be a great value. I have contacted our wifi provider concerning the issues with the pop up screen. Once again Thank you for sharing.
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

The Hotel Clerk was very helpful with accommodating us. She made sure that we had everything we need for an affordable price. The Hotel House Keeper is very courteous and clean.The room was very clean and smelled nice. This staff is A-1. i would recommend this Hotel to my friends, family, and colleagues.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Zandra G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Macon, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for taking to time to post a review about your experience at the Red Roof Inn Macon. I am glad our team was able to make your stay pleasant and enjoyable. Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn Macon and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
jackson, ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We booked two rooms here for 29.99 each thinking it was a bit of a gamble. But the property is in a good part of town, is in very good condition and had good service. The rooms were modest but nice. No frills here (except a small outdoor pool) but a great value. I consider it one of the best hotel values we've gotten given the price and the very serviceable accomodations. I highly recomnend it for those traveling on a budget who want to stay somewhere that isn't fancy but isn't scary or gross:D I got the room at the rate we did by using Expedia.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our location on Tripadvisor. I am glad that you found your accomodations satisfactory. We do offer the best value in the area and our friendly staff is always ready to assist you. During the summer months our outdoor pool can provide some relaxation after a long drive. We look forward to seeing you on a future visit should your travel plans bring you back to Macon.

Been to Red Roof Inn Macon? Share your experiences!