“Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 66 Hotels in Macon
Valdosta, Georgia, United States
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

We arrived at the hotel Friday evening 10-07-11 and was greated by a wonderful front desk clerk. she checked us in with out any problem. She had a smile on here face at all times. our room was very clean with enough towels and pillows on the bed. we stayed until that sunday and check went great as well. it was fast without any problems. the young lady at the front desk was also very nice. i plan to use you all again when i visit macon.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Satellite Beach, florida USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

We stayed here for one night(October 8th) because it was cheap and had a very easy on/off ramp off the major highway. The lobby was clean-staff helpful and pleasant. No complaints with staff-BUT-the room! Black mold under soap dish in shower/tub, one bedside lightbulb out, lipstick mark on one pillowcase, broken wooden hanger in closet, yellow stain on sheet, drain plug in sink missing. No maintenance people work on the weekends. The front desk could not help because of this. It was a Saturday night. The room was spacious, though-no flat screen t.v.-high-speed internet did not work!(they gave us a 5 dollar discount upon check-out, however). Manager/staff were most helpful-but the rooms need routine maintenance and heavy-duty cleaning! We paid $39.00 total for that one night-but fom now on, we will be happy to pay a bit more at La Quinta which was within walking distance.

Room Tip: Ask for non-smoking rooms/pet-free floors.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Zandra G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Macon, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Dear Sneepy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and write a review. Your feedback is very important to me and I sincerely apologize for your unpleasant experience during your recent stay.

I am disappointed that we fell short in this instance and I do understand your frustration. As the new General Manager of this property I will diligently work hard to ensure these issues do not occur in the future. Once again Thank you for your comments and feedback.
Greenville, SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We arrived on Tuesday afternoon the room smelled nasty had to spray febreeze. We stayed here until Friday and everynight I would wake up with these bites all over and was itching really bad I tried to find somewhere else to stay but all reviews for other hotels around me also said BED BUGS BEWARE and this hotel didn't have any reviews like this. If I ever have to go back to Macon, GA will sleep in a Cardboard Box.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Zandra G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Macon, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
I noticed your TripAdvisor comment and wanted to let you know that we have hired a Professional Commercial Pest Control company to inspect the room you stayed in. After a thorough inspection, there was no evidence of bed bugs.
Moultrie, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

I frequent this hotel when I am in Macon on business..One of the reasons is the exceptional service. Because I usually check in during evening hours, I have encountered Mirage on several occasions..I guess evenings are his shift..He is always polite, and proficient. He is the reason that I am a Redicard holder. He mentioned joining to me and explained the benefits. He always has a smile..The rooms are clean and neat, and the hotel has a quiet and peaceful setting. I recommend this hotel to others in the area often.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

In May, I decided to step outside of my normal hotel accomodations. I stopped at the Red Roof Inn on River Place Dr. Macon. Guest services representative Mirage, was very helpful at check in. I must say the accomodations exceeded my expectations. Later in the evening, I approached the front desk. As when I checked, Guest services representative Mirage greeted me with a smile and handled my request.

I encountered another guest services representative Phyllis. She greeted me with a smile also. The next morning, I had the opportunity to meet the general manager Zandra. she also greeted me with a smile and said, " Good Morning ". To my understanding, Zandra became the general manager in March 2011. I applaude her for the hard work that her employees do. I am very aware that as a guest, we can be very demanding. Zandra and her guest services staff handled each and every request with a smile.

I will stay at this location gain!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
coventry
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

stayed here one night,room was clean,bath clean,beds comfy ,wi fi excellent,front desk good,handy,easy to find,good price,no complaints at all,,,,,,even the pool looked good...no breackfast thou,,,but one can sort that easy enough.....thanks again red roof

Room Tip: no breakfast,,,but always coffee.handy for macon
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Avon, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

This hotel was perfect for my single mom budget on our way to Florida. When we arrived we noticed that the lobby was clean and the desk clerk was very nice. However, that's where the good things about this hotel stop. The 1st room we were given had a urine odor so bad that we didn't make it past the door. We returned to the front desk and informed the staff. The 2nd room were were given was fine upon entry, but after a few minutes we again noticed a heavy smell of urine. The carpet was damp in the whole room, one of the beds had cigarrette burn holes in the blankets and the one chair in the room had a torn seat. The mattresses are very thin and the walls in the room were stained and patched. This hotel needs to have a major remodel or just close. We ended up leaving and went to the Baymont which was very nice.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn Macon? Share your experiences!