“Our One and Only Stay At Baymont” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Macon

Save Saved
You added Baymont Inn & Suites Macon to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Macon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   150 Plantation Inn Drive - I-475 Exit 9, Macon, GA 31210   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3, Save 20%
Ranked #44 of 65 hotels in Macon

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
HARTSVILLE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We have stayed at this location several times before as I have relatives I am visiting in Macon. The room was very dirty, carpet needed cleaning.... The only chair in the room was a recliner which had a broken arm which I reported, a very dirty cover which I covered with a sheet. Supplies were not replaced adequately...We returned to the room late, and nothing had been done. Were told by management that we could move to another room the next day, but we could not because we had to be at the hospital very early... I was dissappointed at this visit and probally will not use Baymont in Macon again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

BaymontInnandSuites, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Macon, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I am sorry that you were not happy with the room. Yours third party reservation was for a smoking regular room at a very very cheap rate and it never mentioned for a suite room.Our brand new wings are all no smoking room. we will be checking rooms very carefully .

andy anand
Pleasant Hill, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

After being promised a suit in the "new" building I was pretty disappointed to find myself in a room I would have expected for half the price. I wish I would have checked Tripadvisor before my visit instead of waiting until I was writing my own review.
My advice is to find somewhere else to stay.
The carpet is stained and gross looking. I was afraid to take my shoes off to see if it was as wet as it looked.
There is rot in the drywall over the shower. The room had so much air freshener in it that it was hard to breathe. The door would not close all the way but it did lock. Just not closed.
I am sure you could get a better room or spend less for a similar room somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2012
Sydney
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

We had a night passing through Macon after visiting the Whistle Stop Cafe at Juliette GA. We read the reviews for this property and booked a room at the top of the scale of options and a specific request for the new wing. The location was good and close to the Interstate. However, it was difficult to determine which was the new vs old building. We were in the new building but it was already looking a little tired.

Despite the manager appearing to be friendly it wasn't enough - there were so many deficiencies here that suggest that there is a lack of attention to detail. Two people staying in a room but one coffee cup! Sink and bath waste needing to be cleared as the water pools and fails to drain. Previous reviewers have suggested an early advance upon breakfast so as a to get a look-in! When we attended there was one muffin, three bagels, a handful of bread and the waffle mix was almost out along with the juice. The biggest challenge was finding everything - it was like an Easter egg hunt! Coffee in the foyer, milk in the dining room fridge, cups in one corner and plates another..... It was again disorganised and scant....... Forget the scrambled eggs - they looked like long suffering remnants from the previous day.... No fruit to be seen.

This lack of detail extended everywhere except to making sure that you were out of the door by 11:00 am we were gathering our bags and about to load the car at 10:45 am. We were not quick enough for the manager who sent to housekeeper over to remind us that we had 15 mins to get out.

At $100 this wasn't the cheapest option yet the standard was equitable to a property at half the tariff. I suggest that you consider other properties.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I am sorry for that,but that day we were in a prcoess of cleaning carpet in the whole building and our carpet clenaing person left the room half clean because ,he ran out of cleaning product and next day the rest of the carpet and building was cleaned.

andy

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Macon? Share your experiences!