“Nice casual date night” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 277 restaurants in Macon
Cuisines: Italian
“Nice casual date night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Mirko is the perfect place for a casual date or pick up order. Menu can be customized, as you chose the pasta, sauce and meat (optional). There are some menu items also, such as lasagna. Service is always very pleasant. You fill your own drink, but there are constantly servers "floating" and checking on all tables. I also like that almost every time we go I see the owner and he stops by our table to check on us. The experience is much different (and better) than Bucca. I do not anticipate Bucca hurting Mirko. Nice dining option for North Macon. My husband and I go about once a month. Pasta is very fresh.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

79% Recommend
Gray, Georgia
“really good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

W have eaten here a lot over the past year. it has always been good except one time in October. I usually clean my plate but not that time. The white bean dip and bread is always a nice start. I really enjoy picking my pasta and sauce. I have some really good raviolis.

Visited November 2012
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
“Gnocchi recommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I have been here many times and always enjoy the gnocchi with pesto sauce. The service is decent for a self order restaurant. The premise of the restaurant is a choose your own pasta, sauce, and meat (optional). I love the complimentary bean dip (olive oil based) appetizer. If you are looking for low key and decently priced Taliban food, Mirko is perfect and pretty quick with service.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Macon, Georgia
“Amazing Food, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

The title says it all :)
The food = amazing
The staff = same thing!
I would definitely reccomend Mirko's to anyone in the area.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Just odd...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Like another reviewer stated, it's like pasta McDonalds. You walk in and order at a counter that gives you way too many choices to decide quickly. So we stood there, trying to narrow down the choices upon choices, as the line backed up. I would have felt more comfortable being seated and then deciding, instead of rushing and feeling awkward that I didn't know what I wanted. Our other medical student friends told us they felt the same way.

Once we were seated, our waitress brought out a concoction she claimed was new. It was bean dip and olive oil, and we were given bread to dip with. I, personally, don't like bean dip, and the concoction seemed strange for a pasta place. To us, it didn't match our meal. So, we just soaked up the olive oil with the bread and didn't eat the bean dip. Afterwards, our waitress seemed offended. It wasn't personal, we just don't like bean dip, and found it especially odd with pasta.

Overall, we had an odd experience there and didn't enjoy it. I feel like if I wanted to try a bunch of pasta, sauce, and meat combinations, I could do that myself by going to Publix and cooking. The people behind Mirko are probably pasta experts, so I feel like they should be the ones recommending what's good together. Instead, it's just a counter guessing game. Anyhow, with Buca di Beppo down the road now, we won't be going back to Mirko.

• Visited May 2012