“Gnocchi recommended” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
“Gnocchi recommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I have been here many times and always enjoy the gnocchi with pesto sauce. The service is decent for a self order restaurant. The premise of the restaurant is a choose your own pasta, sauce, and meat (optional). I love the complimentary bean dip (olive oil based) appetizer. If you are looking for low key and decently priced Taliban food, Mirko is perfect and pretty quick with service.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Macon, Georgia
“Amazing Food, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

The title says it all :)
The food = amazing
The staff = same thing!
I would definitely reccomend Mirko's to anyone in the area.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Just odd...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Like another reviewer stated, it's like pasta McDonalds. You walk in and order at a counter that gives you way too many choices to decide quickly. So we stood there, trying to narrow down the choices upon choices, as the line backed up. I would have felt more comfortable being seated and then deciding, instead of rushing and feeling awkward that I didn't know what I wanted. Our other medical student friends told us they felt the same way.

Once we were seated, our waitress brought out a concoction she claimed was new. It was bean dip and olive oil, and we were given bread to dip with. I, personally, don't like bean dip, and the concoction seemed strange for a pasta place. To us, it didn't match our meal. So, we just soaked up the olive oil with the bread and didn't eat the bean dip. Afterwards, our waitress seemed offended. It wasn't personal, we just don't like bean dip, and found it especially odd with pasta.

Overall, we had an odd experience there and didn't enjoy it. I feel like if I wanted to try a bunch of pasta, sauce, and meat combinations, I could do that myself by going to Publix and cooking. The people behind Mirko are probably pasta experts, so I feel like they should be the ones recommending what's good together. Instead, it's just a counter guessing game. Anyhow, with Buca di Beppo down the road now, we won't be going back to Mirko.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great Cozy Feeling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

My husband and I have been going to Mirko since they opened. You do have to be thoughtful about your food choices, especially if you decide to pair your own pasta/sauce/meat. We have never been disappointed. The staff is friendly, helpful and make your experience very pleasant.

The bean dip is great, top with a bit of salt. Try the sage, apple and sausage ravioli with the carbonara sauce. Delicious!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Macon
“Great Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Great menu choices, and always well cooked and presented for casual dining. Good family place, with reasonable prices.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere