“A Good Night Before” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 66 Hotels in Macon
Tucker
“A Good Night Before”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The hotel is almost across the street from the testing center where I had a 4 hour essay examination for certification to complete. I was worried about staying in a hotel the night before because I have had trouble sleeping in many hotels. I had no such problem here. I don't go to a hotel called Microtel expecting a huge room, but it had everything - coffemaker, hair dryer, fridge, microwave, very comfortuable bed with three nice pillows. I especially liked the day bed/couch at the window over the heating unit. With checkout time of noon and my exam going 8am to noon, the staff had no problem giving me a later checkout - that they did not charge for. I paid less for this room, than many lesser quality rooms when I went on a 1000 miles drive this last summer.

Given my great ratings I think I should explain the lower service, in the face of the nice and helpful staff I had. When I came back from my exam at just after noon, my keys did not work. It would have been nice if when they confirmed late check out that they could have updated my keys - not a surprise it happens a lot. I went down to the front desk to get my key activated and no one was there. Indeed, if I did not find a maid and have her call someone I might have lingered quite a while waiting for someone. The breakfast was a little underwhelming. Lastly - I think they should post no-smoking signs in the hallways - I didn't see any - and clearly someone had smoked a pipe or cigar that day in the hall.

Nothing about this stay would stop me from staying here again - hopefully I don't have to retake that exam - and it certainly puts me in a good frame of mind to pick Microtels when they are available.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Macon? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Macon

Address: 2020 Bowman Park, Macon, GA 31210
Location: United States > Georgia > Macon
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Suites
#4 Best Value Hotel in Macon
#7 Romantic Hotel in Macon
#9 Family Hotel in Macon
#12 Business Hotel in Macon
Hotel Class:2 star — Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Macon 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Wyndham, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Macon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Microtel Inn And Suites Macon
Microtel Inn & Suites Macon Hotel Macon

If you own or manage Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Macon, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.