“DQD...very iffy...Can't believe the high rating in this area of so many motels/hotels” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Macon

Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #13 of 66 Hotels in Macon
Mount Dora, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

It was just a stopover and we booked it because of tripadvisor rating...ditto non-smoking room reeked of smoke!!!!...it was dark ie carpet etc so couldn't tell if clean or not...bed OK and none of the sleazy acetate bedspreads....woman at desk was fine..I think we were 2 of maybe 12 people there that night...in fact moved car to front area to be safer....not easy to get to with out Garmen.
It would not encourage us to try another Microtel Inn inspite of rates...also tripdvisor may not be my go to in future. Why do people think that if the used toilet paper roll is folded in a fancy way that that will be impressive???

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
MaconGM, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Macon, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
I apologize that your stay was not what you expected.
I wish I had been made aware of your situation so that it could have been corrected and your stay more enjoyable.
Again, please accept my sincere apology.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Port Saint Joe, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Believe what you read in the other reviews about the terrible housekeeping.

During a recent stay there really were pubic hairs in the shower and on the shower curtain and the bed had been made up without the sheets being changed. Front Desk staff changed rooms - but still had the creepys just thinking if the new room was really clean.

Mentioned it to the manager Victoria the next morning and she said they were "having issues" with housekeeping - but not a bit of an apology. What a rude woman.

Also, room smelled like smoke and it was supposed to be non-smoking.

Never again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
MaconGM, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Macon, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Please let me extend my sincere apology for your experience at the Microtel Inn & Suites in Macon.
Let me assure you that we now have a completely new housekeeping staff and Victoria is no longer with the hotel.
The condition of the first room is totally unacceptable to our standards and should never have been issued to you.
Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will be willing to give us another chance.
If you wish to contact me directly, you may do so at microtelmcn@gmail.com.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

First of all, if you are trying to find this hotel on a dark night, after 15 hours on the road like us, I hope you have better luck than us in finding the entrance! We could see the tall sign for the hotel, but rode around for twenty minutes trying to figure out how to get into it because there are no signs directing you to the rather off-the-beaten-path entrance to the parking lot. Once we did get in, the woman at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and comfortable, and I think the breakfast was good for the price you are paying. Not luxury, but a very fair value for a clean, quiet night of sleep. There is a grocery store very near, as well as the usual chain restaurants if you need to eat or stock up. We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
MaconGM, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Macon, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
I am glad yu enjoyed your stary at the Microtel in Macon. We strive to exceed the expectations of our guests. Also, thank you for your suggestion for signes. This is under advisement by the owner. Hopefully upon your return the new signage will be in place.
Again, thank you for you comments and I am glad you enjoyed your stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

We stopped while on our way to Orlando. Had been driving from Western Arkansas and the 5 of us were exhausted! we wondered how we would accommodate 5 of us in a room. However when we got to our room, there was a "window" bed, just big enough for our 13 year old. So it slept 5 just right! The bed was firm, yet soft. Perfect for me! We are still talking about the good night sleep we had that night!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind comments. I am glad the Microtel Inn & Suites was able to accommodate you and your family during your travels.
I hope to see you again in the near future.
Athens, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I was exhausted when I checked into this motel around 2 AM on the night of July 16-17th. The hotel is hard to find. You cut through a shopping center and go out into the country. The turnoff for the hotel is dark and hard to find.

I was impressed by the look of the hotel. It's much nicer than other Microtels I have stayed at before. The room itself was a great design as well.

The problem began when I walked into room 212. I noticed there were some black hairs on the floor of the bathroom. Then that there was trash behind the bathroom door. Then that there were no bags in the trash cans. I walked over to look at the bed and found feathers on the floor. The bed had been made but when I pulled back the sheets it looked like a Yeti had been rolling around in them. Long black hairs, short black hairs, feathers and pubic hair literally COVERING the sheets. The best part was that there was a large yellow stain in the center of the sheets. I was just too exhausted to check out and go to another hotel. I ended up sleeping in my clothes on top of the comforter.

In the morning I could not find the TV remote. I had to leave the refrigerator door open all night so it would stop buzzing loudly. Took a shower only to realize there were NO towels! Certainly had fun drying off with one-ply toilet paper. The two hand towels that existed looked as if they had wiped the Yeti's butt with them. Seriously, there was a brown streak down both of them but housekeeping had neatly folded them and placed the back on the towel rack. I'm afraid the hotel will try to charge me for the missing towels and remote control.

Check out wasn't great. The woman checking me out didn't know what she was doing and had to get someone from the back to help her. While doing this I was able to read a sign posted for employees. It was from the manager Victoria. It said not to take any phone messages. This might explain some of the complaints about the manager on here.

I received a survey from Microtel about this hotel and you can bet I will be trying to get my money back.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

We're a Military family between deployment so we've had our share of crappy hotels. However, I'm quite pleased with the service & quality of this hotel. Front Desk Clerk (Angela) is heaven sent. She knows what "customer service" is and demonstrates it very well. My family & I are here for 2 more weeks & want to say, "THANK YOU!" to Ms. Angela for being such a great person. God bless you & the staff for great service.

• Stayed July 2012
MaconGM, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Macon, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you for your response. We value Angela as one of our "best of the best".
The staff at Microtel Inn & Suites in Macon, GA would like to thank you and your family for their service and dedication to our country.
Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I was initially enjoying, hotel was nice but changed my mind after I checked out. I realized I left one item (set of insanity videos in its own packing) on the table in the room and called the hotel the next day. I called the office and of course they cannot locate the item, mysteriously gone. So if you decide to stay at this hotel do not forget anything because you may not get it back. Very upset

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
MaconGM, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Macon, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Again, I apologize that we were not able to locate the DVD left in the room. The general manager checked the room and could not locate the item. She also checked the trash in case the DVD had inadvertently been thrown away. She still did not locate the item. To my knowledge we have no problem with theft involving any of our staff. While I empathize with the guest, we can find no evidence of theft.

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Macon? Share your experiences!