“Surpassed my expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 66 Hotels in Macon
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Surpassed my expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

I was traveling from South Florida to a family event in Chicago with my family. We stopped in Macon GA for a break from driving. I was surprised how nice this Hotel was for the price. In South Florida I would have paid at least twice as much for such a nice place. The pool is large and clean, they had free breakfast in the morning, the staff was professional, and the room was very trendy/roomy. The area around the hotel had a good shopping center and the Manager suggested a great local seafood resturant that my family loved called Jim Shaws. A place that should be on diners and dives from the food network. Nothing fancy but great food and a really cool atmosphere.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Midland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

What a nice surprise! Travelling through the area and stop at the new SpringHill Suites. The rooms are amazing and the staff was extremelly friendly and welcoming. The indoor pool was large and the kids had a blast! Will always look for a SpringHill Suites to stay in.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
DFW Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

Gorgeous hotel, very nice staff. Rooms are very spa-like. LOVE the translucent drape area dividers in the lobby. Great showers. Good location, several good/nice restaurants nearby. As a smoker, I was disappointed they do not have smoking rooms, but front desk rep was kind enough to put me near the elevator and it was easy enough to step out the side door on the ground floor near elevator. Good complimentary breakfast, but skip the eggs. Go for a waffle instead!

Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed in Oct 2010. Our second night there we heard a slight knock on the door but it was so slight that we thought someone was knocking on some other door down the hallway. We were in bed and all of a sudden the door opens up and there stands the HOUSEKEEPING MANAGER, she was coming in to do a room check!!! for crying out loud, she says she was SORRY SHE DIDNT KNOW ANYONE HAD THE ROOM!!! Needless to say, we were in the moment and in our birthday suits!!!!!! This kind of service is appalling.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

I stayed at this SpringHill Suites for approximately 4 days in October. The hotel has a decent location with access to good restaurants nearby. Its a new hotel with a fantastic room layout and exceptionally comfortable beds. The rooms themselves are neatly appointed with a minimalist layout (i.e. separate toilet / shower, post modern sofa and desk).

Unfortunately, while i was there, there was a persistent smell of sewage in the building, and my colleague reported water backing up in his shower. I did not discuss this with management, but would recommmend calling prior to booking to see whether the problem has been resolved.

olathe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

I came to Georgia for the first time, and was lucky (or smart) enough to book my room at this new Hotel. The new design of the Springhill Suites is amazing, and it puts you to ease as soon as you walk into the lobby. The rooms are very trendy, and have great showers. Separate toilet and shower area would have been great for a family trip. The work area was perfect. The BEDS slept so well. The front desk staff was excellent and helped me when needed. Didn't use the exercise room, although I should have. The only bobble was one not so nice breakfast staff person one morning. But other than that, it was a great stay.

MACON
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

I live in Macon Ga. I toured this hotel Thursday. My family came on Friday. No one told us the pool was not heated it was cold as a ice. My daughter has Acute Bio Phenotypic Luekemia in which she needed an indoor heated pool. I advised the staff of my daughter condition on Thursday and Friday. The staff failed to advise us the pump was not working. there was no manager on property to handle this crises. There was nowhere for us to go that had an indoor heated pool. we moved to courtyard outdoor pool still an inconvience for my daughter because of the sun and flowers/trees. We still had to pay for Friday stay at Courtyard in which I feel Springhill should have paid for my stay for my household of $89 plus tax to Courtyard for Friday night stay. A staff member should have advised me Thur about the pool or a sign should have been posted I would have looked for a different suite for us to stay at. Looking for a place to stay indoor pool on last minute notice did not work. I was told by the manager over the phone that they could only offer me to join a free rewards program and gain some points. Never again will I stay at Springhill Marriotts.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Macon? Share your experiences!