“NEW, NICE, BEAUTIFUL!!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
DFW Texas
“NEW, NICE, BEAUTIFUL!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

Gorgeous hotel, very nice staff. Rooms are very spa-like. LOVE the translucent drape area dividers in the lobby. Great showers. Good location, several good/nice restaurants nearby. As a smoker, I was disappointed they do not have smoking rooms, but front desk rep was kind enough to put me near the elevator and it was easy enough to step out the side door on the ground floor near elevator. Good complimentary breakfast, but skip the eggs. Go for a waffle instead!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed in Oct 2010. Our second night there we heard a slight knock on the door but it was so slight that we thought someone was knocking on some other door down the hallway. We were in bed and all of a sudden the door opens up and there stands the HOUSEKEEPING MANAGER, she was coming in to do a room check!!! for crying out loud, she says she was SORRY SHE DIDNT KNOW ANYONE HAD THE ROOM!!! Needless to say, we were in the moment and in our birthday suits!!!!!! This kind of service is appalling.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

I stayed at this SpringHill Suites for approximately 4 days in October. The hotel has a decent location with access to good restaurants nearby. Its a new hotel with a fantastic room layout and exceptionally comfortable beds. The rooms themselves are neatly appointed with a minimalist layout (i.e. separate toilet / shower, post modern sofa and desk).

Unfortunately, while i was there, there was a persistent smell of sewage in the building, and my colleague reported water backing up in his shower. I did not discuss this with management, but would recommmend calling prior to booking to see whether the problem has been resolved.

olathe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

I came to Georgia for the first time, and was lucky (or smart) enough to book my room at this new Hotel. The new design of the Springhill Suites is amazing, and it puts you to ease as soon as you walk into the lobby. The rooms are very trendy, and have great showers. Separate toilet and shower area would have been great for a family trip. The work area was perfect. The BEDS slept so well. The front desk staff was excellent and helped me when needed. Didn't use the exercise room, although I should have. The only bobble was one not so nice breakfast staff person one morning. But other than that, it was a great stay.

MACON
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

I live in Macon Ga. I toured this hotel Thursday. My family came on Friday. No one told us the pool was not heated it was cold as a ice. My daughter has Acute Bio Phenotypic Luekemia in which she needed an indoor heated pool. I advised the staff of my daughter condition on Thursday and Friday. The staff failed to advise us the pump was not working. there was no manager on property to handle this crises. There was nowhere for us to go that had an indoor heated pool. we moved to courtyard outdoor pool still an inconvience for my daughter because of the sun and flowers/trees. We still had to pay for Friday stay at Courtyard in which I feel Springhill should have paid for my stay for my household of $89 plus tax to Courtyard for Friday night stay. A staff member should have advised me Thur about the pool or a sign should have been posted I would have looked for a different suite for us to stay at. Looking for a place to stay indoor pool on last minute notice did not work. I was told by the manager over the phone that they could only offer me to join a free rewards program and gain some points. Never again will I stay at Springhill Marriotts.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

This hotel is brand new and beautiful. The rooms were comfy and designed well. We had a king room with a sleeper for our 2 year old. The TV swiveled so that we could watch it on the sofa or in bed and had inputs for a dvd or game system. There are plenty of restaurants around to grab a meal & the breakfast was nice in the hotel. We spent out evening in the salt water pool burning off some energy after a long car trip. We will stay here next time we are on our way to Hilton Head. The staff was genuine and friendly :)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Oakland County, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

My family stayed here for a night on our way to Florida. The hotel had just opened a few days prior, and everything was pristine. It has a very convenient location to I-75, yet is in a very quiet, relaxing area. All of the staff (from the General Manager on down) were very welcoming and hospitable, and went out of their way to ensure our satisfaction. Hotel also has an indoor saltwater pool, which means no irritating, smelly chlorine. Breakfast was great with a wide variety of hot and cold items served in a pleasant, uncrowded environment. There are many restaurants located nearby, but I would avoid the Jack and Jill's next door. It is not very good...there are better choices nearby. Overall, I was highly impressed, and would gladly stay here again if in the Macon area.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Macon? Share your experiences!