“The Yankees Are Coming” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 282 Restaurants in Macon
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: This is one of my favorite restaurants in Macon, Ga. They have been opened since 1979. I make a point to eat here everytime I come to Macon. It is not a fancy place, but they serve some of the best fresh seafood in town. The restaurant is only open for dinner only. They offer an earlybird menu from 5:00 till 6:00 PM with reduced prices. I would definately recommend Jim Shaw's to anyone looking for a good seafood meal.
Ohio
“The Yankees Are Coming”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

They must have known we were Yankees. Our server was less than pleasant. Short with her answers and attitude. We both ordered catfish, one order of bone in and one not. Ordered shrimp appitizer. We watched as two tables of folks (served by our server) who arrived after we did ordered and recieved their meals before we got our appitizer. As the other two tables finished their dinners and payed we finally got our meals. The bone-in catfish were tiny - no fish on the bones, the other dinner was acceptable. This place was packed with people and all seemed to be enjoying their dinners and servers were being pleasant and responsive. We must have looked like Yankees or carpetbaggers atleast to our server. This was not a good experience or meal.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

cocoa, fl
“Overall just average....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I was very excited to eat at Jim Shaw's tonight for our anniversary dinner.... Guess I shouldn't have been. Don't get me wrong, the food was fine, but I was expecting spectacular.... not so much. The fried crawfish, blackened scallops, and fried gator were all well cooked and tasted good, just didn't blow my socks off. Nothing was bad, just not that memorable either. Can't figure out why people line up in droves for middle of the road food.... but then again, this is Macon! Not a whole lot of great restaurants to choose from...

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“What a catch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We found this restaurant on Trip Advisor during an overnight stay in Macon while travelling from Florida. Would never have found it on our own. I thought we have left fresh seafood behind in Florida. We were very impressed with the quality and the freshness of the food. The building is nothing fancy but don't be fooled. I plan to stop here again next time I'm driving through Macon.

Chicago, Illinois
“Would have pass right by if not for TripAdvisor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Read the reviews on TripAdvisor and decided to stop here for dinner. Very glad we did. Blackened Alligator appetizer was very flavorful and tender. Created my own combo and went with grilled scallops and blackened catfish. Both were excellent choices. Server was very nice and welcoming. Overall great experience...would go back for sure.

knoxville tenn
“Love this restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We were traveling home from Hilton Head. We decided to eat dinner in Macon. Based on TripAdvisor reviews we chose this restaurant. I had grilled scallops basket with fries. It was fabulous!!! The french fries are so different but really liked them. The scallops rate a 10. My husband had the grouper tacos and they were the best he had ever had. We also tried the spinach salad and the cheese grits. The salad was average but the cheese grits were wonderful. Hope we can go back to this restaurant in the future!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere