“My wife's birthday dinner!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #77 of 281 Restaurants in Macon
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Description: Hand cut steaks fresh seafood World famous chicken wings and the finest hamburger known to man...Macon's best beer and wine selection serving seven days a week.
Byron, Georgia
“My wife's birthday dinner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have been a business traveler for 28 years and like to try new places. I read the good and bad reviews of Texas Cattle Company, so I had to try it myself because the incentive was a free dinner for my wife's birthday!! You can't beat that shoot why not give it a try!!!! I went there on a Monday night (tonight) 10/22/12 and it was pretty busy for a Monday night. The sourdough bread was excellent, so I had to order another basket. The salad was good with Hidden Valley Ranch dressing and extra onions, but you really can't mess that up unless you put non fat dressing LOL!
My niece ordered the chicken fingers and stated that it wasn't as good as other chicken places, but who goes to a steak place and orders chicken?? A chicken eating fool would, so order a steak and eat MORE BEEF at a steakhouse restaurant!!!! Please people order what the restaurant is known for!!! My wife had fried shrimp and she said it was good!! This is the south, so everything taste good if it is fried!! I order the beef tips over mashed potatoes, onions and a clear type brown gravy delicious!! I would recommend eating there!! The service was fast and friendly!! We were in and out in less than 1 hour not that I was in a hurry!! The waitress had forgot what I ordered, but what do you expect of teenagers these days!! They can text 1000 MPH, but can't take simple to do tasks LOL!!

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Macon, Georgia, United States
“Great Steakhouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We go to Texas Cattle company at least once or twice a week. They know our order before we even order. My husband says that the 16oz Ribeye is the best ever. They have great service and good prices. I would recommend Texas Cattle compay for a great family night out.

Visited August 2012
Georgia
“Every time I go something is not right.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Poor quality dinner salad. Service is off and on. Steaks are not that great and are often poor cuts of meat. They cook their steaks on a flat surface apparently because they are very greasy. It is a so so place. They have never gotten my take out orders correct either. I have about stopped going there. Rather go to Logan's or Outback before here.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Roberta. Ga. U.S.A.
“Nice Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We really enjoyed the Taxas Cattle Company, great steaks, cooked just the way we like them. Service was excellent and everyone was very friendly and welcoming. Only down-side would be location, it's a little out of the way for us, but worth the drive. When we get hungry for a steak that will be our "go to place"!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Macon, Georgia
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Texas Cattle is a wonderful place to eat. Everything is so fresh. Also, everybody is kind and help ful. I would ask for Candace or A. D., bu all of the staff is great!

• Visited May 2012