“Very disappointed.” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Very disappointed.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

The reviews indicated that this was a great restaurant. I had second thoughts when I saw the empty parking lot on a Friday night. The food was terrible, the salad bar items looked as if they had been there forever. My husband ordered prime rib, when it came it was ice cold and when returned warmer, it was in edible. I had the ribs which were dry and not very tasty. The only bright spot was the waitress, who made every effort to attempt to make things right. Do not go there.

“Not bad at all”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Had the lunch special it was very good great value will return beans are great pork was also had ours pulled

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Huntsville, Alabama
“still the best BBQ in Macon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My wife issued her verdict on the bbq beans....best she ever had, and her pulled pork was delicious. My ribs and chicken were great,cole slaw and beans were delicious, service fast and friendly and definitely worth driving hwy 80 to I 475 intersection.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The sauce here was great. The ribs on our day were a little dry but it was a slow/friday afternoon so I'll give them a break. We had corn nuggets which were very good. Also sampled pork, chicken, ribs, chicken sandwich and all were enjoyed by everyone. This place is worth the drive from Atlanta!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Physically here, wishing I was there
“I'll never eat another chain burger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We decided to go off the beaten track and try some local style food rather than the slick chains we are used too. Boy what a find. This place served the best food I have eaten in all my 17years of travelling the States. The pulled pork was amazing. I never knew you could get such flavours from a BBQ. I obviously am doing it wrong in my back garden!
The silence of the four of us whilst tucking into our respective meals spoke volumes!
I will always seek out the local eateries from now on and leave the chains alone. JL's BBQ was great for taste, value, service and ambiance. Well worth a stop if your heading down the i75.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere