“Not what I expected” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 66 Hotels in Macon
Atlanta, Georgia
“Not what I expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

My daughter had a cheerleading competition here. We chose the Marriott because it is connected to the coliseum. We went to walk through the hallway, to the coliseum and the no one would let us in. It was a huge inconvenience to walk all the way around to the the coliseum. If we would have known that we could not get in that way, we would not have stayed there. The walls are paper thin, the rooms smell, the pool is small, and the staff is rude. We left something in our room and have called the hotel at least 5 times to make sure they could hold it until we came back down. We have had to leave messages each time and no one will get back to us. I will NEVER stay at this Marriott again. It was definitely not worth the money. If the GM is reading this, can you please give me a number to call, that someone will answer, so I can make plans to retrieve my item.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Mark B, General Manager at Marriott Macon City Center, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
I am sorry your experience was not what you expected and I am also extremely sorry we were unable to locate the item left in the room. We hope you will reconsider and stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

This was a very clean hotel. Check-in very easy as was check-out. Which was a nice surprise since there were several Christmas parties going on. The rooms were of the Marriott standard, beds very comfy, and nice amenities in the shower. The fresh omelettes were the best.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Mark B, General Manager at Marriott Macon City Center, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to serving you again soon!
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

My daughter had a competition at the Coliseum, which shares the same parking lot. We picked this hotel based on our loyalty to Marriott and to its location. The hotel was very clean and it was so nice to just walk to the competition in the morning.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us! We are happy you enjoyed your visit and look forward to your return.
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I've stayed at my fair share of Marriott International flagship hotels. This has continued to meet the standard set by the company. Check-in was simple as was check-out. The gym facilities were actually better than anticipated. I wish I had remembered their names, but staff members even made sure another guest(who was belligerent) made it to the room safely. Apparently, the woman was there for work and her co-workers left her in the bar. Two employees helped her to the room safely. I would stay there again. Overall, it was a pleasant stay and easy to find.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Marriott Macon City Center, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your review and kind words. We are happy you chose our hotel and even happier you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to serving you next time!
Epsom, Surrey, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

A classic big City, big brand name Hotel – Marriott. Did exactly what it said on the tin. Nothing more and Nothing less.

Easy to find, just off main I.16 route. Huge car park and straight road up into Town, which we did just to have a look round.

Comfortable room, clean, spacious and equipped with the essentials.

Bar was a bit minimalist, but sufficed. Restaurant proved good (and not fancy) for Dinner (Steak and salad was as adventurous as we went), but excellent at Breakfast, where the lady Server (forgotten her name) was really a delight. Good spread, lots of choice, big buffet with cook-to-order as well, and terrific coffee.

Quibble – WiFi – being charged in this day and age – poor.

Room Tip: We had Room 206, but honestly feel there's not a lot to choose between them. Maybe higher floors...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark B, General Manager at Marriott Macon City Center, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay! We hope to serve you again soon!
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

In reading over other reviews of this hotel, it seems like the manager spends most of his time making excuses for his staff. My experience was similar to other people. I reserved a room with a king bed but was told at check-in that no king rooms were available. The restaurant and bar were a disorganized mess. The room was what I would describe as marginally clean. Also, even though the placard on the hotel room door says check out time is noon (as it is in every other Marriott in which I have stayed) it is actually 11:00 as the maid told me when she banged on the door at precisely 11:00. I realize there aren’t a lot of high-end choices in Macon and I guess management here does as well. There are also no restaurants within walking distance. Next time I have business in Macon I will probably drive on to Atlanta (an hour and half away) and avoid overnighting in the city altogether. By the way, I am a Gold Marriott Rewards member.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Marriott Macon City Center, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
We are extremely sorry for your experience. While I do not excuse any of the associates' shortcomings, I do take full responsibility and sincerely apologize. We hope you will reconsider staying in our wonderful community again.
Frankln, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stayed there for a business trip - had two rooms for a week and going back a second week with two rooms... would think they could give some sort of discount or consideration but it didn't seem to be an option. The room was clean and the atmopshere is pleasant... was surprised to have to pay for drinks on the concierge level, so would recommend you have drinks or dinner outside the hotel as bar service is expensive and they are out of most every drink I ordered or the ingredients for it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return. Please call the hotel directly before arrival with special rate requests. Proper identification and documentation is usually required. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Been to Marriott Macon City Center? Share your experiences!