“Newer, comfortable, clean and the best in Middle GA” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #18 of 65 hotels in Macon
Cumming, Georgia
“Newer, comfortable, clean and the best in Middle GA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I've stayed here twice in the past two weeks. I've stayed at a number of locations in the Macon - Warner Robins area. I'll say without hesitation that this is by far the best location in the area. The lobby is nice and clean as is the restaurant and bar. The bar staff is attentive and does an excellent job for their customers. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. I will make one recommendation though, I've found that it is necessary to have the a/c fan run non stop for air circulation, otherwise the room does get stuffy and warm. Otherwise, I've had a really nice stay both times. What makes the visit special is the manager, Deneice Williams. She goes over the top to ensure that our stay is the best. Kudos to Deneice!

Room Tip: 8th floor all the way, has a nice lounge with a bar and complimentary breakfast.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

184 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Appling, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel 7/8/13. In town for an education conference. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The front desk staff were very polite and helpful during check in. There are a variety of restaurants close by. I would stay at this hotel again when I am in Macon.

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for a weekend last year while visiting Macon for business.

The hotel was very nice. I was impressed with the decor and cleanliness. Also, the community and bistro areas were very comfortable. I can attest the this because I spent a good 8 hour period of time waiting in the area for my fiancé to get out of his engineering exam.

Location is very good as it is away from the noise of downtown Macon, but less than a five minute drive over the bridge to get to the center of things.

Would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2012
Shelbyville, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

The hotel is advertised as city center so I was expecting a bustling area with lots of restaurants, etc. - similar to Indianapolis. The location could not be further from this. The surrounding area was deserted (we did arrive around 11 p.m.) and near several rundown-appearing businesses. As we arrived, it appeared that a few young men who were drunk were being evicted from the hotel - probably the bar area. There was no bell or valet service. Another inebriated bar/hotel guest was stumbling around the lobby as we checked in. The young woman who checked us in was very nice and professional. Once we were in our room, we felt safe enough.

The mattresses were comfortable though the sheets were rather scratchy. The décor and furnishings were nice. There are adjustable reading lights on the wall above each side of the bed which was nice as I read for awhile while my children went to sleep after dinner. Room service closes at 10:50 p.m. so we ordered pizza. We heard no outside noises and checkout was quick and easy.

Although the hotel was nice, the location is not the best and this hotel is probably better-suited to business travelers and conferences than families.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was clean. Beds comfortable. Service was great. If I had to say anything negative about it, would be location. Convenient to get to because its right off the highway, but there's nothing around it. No stores, not many restaurants around.

• Stayed July 2013
North Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We spent this past Friday and Saturday night and enjoyed our stay very much. Check in was fast and friendly, room was sparkling clean and the bed was very comfortable. Didn't have anything to eat but Tim in the lounge did a great job with our drinks. I would recommend this hotel to my friends and will definitely stay again on our next trip to Macon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stay at this hotel occassionally for business, and am always impressed. The hotel is usually fully booked when I want to stay, and sometimes I can't get a room, but that's ok. The staff in this hotel are excellent. They even follow up with me regarding my dinner sometimes. The service in the concierge lounge is amazing, the people that work there always cater to your every need. Great hotel, great staff, great rooms, great facilities, I even like the Gym. I will be visiting again soon!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Marriott Macon City Center? Share your experiences!