THINGS YOU WANT TO KNOW:
1. NO in room safe - security boxes available at the desk
2. NO Refrigerator
3. Coffee/Tea Maker -
4. 1 large 37- inch flat screen TV
5. Hair dryer (stored under the bathroom sink) - However ours was missing - see discussion below
6. Floor length mirror
7. NO Makeup mirror in the bathroom
8. No ceiling fan
9. Tub/shower combo
10. Workout room - includes treadmills, elliptical and weights - NO towels but has water dispenser
11. Great location for Access to Georgia Licensing Board and the Macon Centreplex convention center - Across the street from the Georgia Licensing Board - otherwise nothing else nearby
12. Comfortable Beds
13. Clean room and bathroom
14. Check-in at 3:00 but don’t count on it!!! - see discussion below
15. Starbucks in lobby
16. Fruit flavored water for free in lobby
17. No luggage caddy
18. Iron and ironing board in closet
19. Only 2 pillows on each bed
20. Clock radio with docking station
21. Nice desk area with plug in panel that connects laptop, MP3 player, digital camera/video, game player to the 37-ince HD TV
We arrived at 4:00 and were told that our room was not ready. We checked periodically to see if it was ready and was finally told sometime around 6:00 that we could now get into our room. The official word was that check-out time is noon and it takes a long time to get all the rooms ready. Gee, I wonder how other hotels manage to get their rooms ready?!! They have to clean every room every day anyway! However, from what I’ve read this is an ongoing problem with this hotel. So I was pre-warned by reading Trip Advisor about this problem. I was with my daughter-in-law who is pregnant and really needed to lie down and get her feet up after our drive to Macon. Plus she was going to be taking her oral boards the next day and wanted to spend some time reviewing her materials in our room so we were a bit put out to say the least.
I mentioned to the front desk that for our inconvenience we should be given coupons for a free breakfast and we were promptly given coupons. We were also given 1 coupon for a free drink and appetizer at the bar which definitely helped while we waited. There was a large school group of Future Farmers of America students hanging around in the lobby as well, so seating that would usually be generous, was limited. Waiting at the bar was about our only option. It seems to me that these coupons should have been offered to us immediately rather than us having to ask for them. Hmmmm!
When we finally got to our room we noticed that there were only 2 pillows on each bed and we each needed a third one. We also noticed that there were only 3 bath towels in the bathroom and no luggage caddy (holder). So on our way to dinner we requested 2 more pillows and a couple more towels. They were in our room upon our arrival back from dinner.
The next morning we discovered that there was no hair dryer in the bathroom. I called down for one and was told it may take some time to get it but within 10 minutes someone was at our door pulling a hair dryer out of a new box.
Having said all of the above the front desk person who we worked with, Denise Williams, was wonderful and really did seem to care. Also Belinda the bartender was also warm and friendly. Our waitress at breakfast was very attentive and nice. The restaurant manager even came over to check on our food. As a matter of fact we did not run into one staff person who was not friendly.
Bottom line - the staff at this hotel is their saving grace. They made a bad situation bearable. This is a good Marriott Hotel but with all the inconviences and problems it lowers it's rating to just Average.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.