“Nice Marriott” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 65 hotels in Macon
Chapel Hill, Tennessee, United States
“Nice Marriott”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

It is a very nice looking hotel on the inside and out. The bar is in the lobby and is a great place to socialize. Very busy every night and the wait staff is on the spot. My only issue with the hotel is at check-in. They only have one person checking in so it took 30 minutes with three people ahead of me. For a full service Marriott they should have at least two people checking in. The concierge lounge is excellent with a great variety of food selections both at night and for breakfast. I had lunch one day and dinner the next in the hotel and was very happy with the food quality and pricing. Right in line with any other restaurant and I did not have to leave the hotel. The hotel is very close to downtown and other things to do. It has an attached convention center which is nice for our event this week. I will always stay here when in Macon but I hope the check-in experience is better next time. All of the staff I encountered were very nice and attentive to my needs.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 7th floor. There is not much of a view but it was quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

163 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Nice room - 4 star material
Beds were nice & comfortable. Slept well
Pretty room. Updated.
Lots of Mold in shower - black & pink
Staff - some very friendly - some grumpy. Front desk usually has just one person. SHould have at least 2. Had to wait to check in (2 people ahead.) Also other times I needed help, Had to wait.
$10 for wifi... most hotels and restaurants are free these days!

I'd give it 5 if wifi was available, and continental breakfast like other hotels in it's class.

Wasn't willing to be accommodating for late checkout. Asked for 1pm. They said 12:30pm. So finally agreed on 12:45. Other hotels would let you stay til 2pm. It was Sunday.

Got a decent rate via Priceline by mistake (I entered a wrong zone.)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Carrollton, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Just returned from a one night/two day business trip. With a group reservation of about 35 rooms, they still allowed most of us to check in around 1:30. This is a very large facility with a lot of rooms, so that was no surprise. All employees were friendly, said hello, opened doors for us, etc. The meeting facilities are more than adequate, even for very large groups. My only complaint is that there is a very long walk to the conference facilities from the room. I don't know how far it is exactly, but it must be more than half a mile. People with limited mobility might have some difficulty. The room was very clean and the bed was super comfortable. Everything was just as expected. My coworker in the next room accidentally locked herself out of her room after setting her room service tray outside the door, and she came to my room and called the front desk. They sent someone up immediately to let her back in, and this was during a very busy time with everyone checking out. Great service. I'm used to getting discounts here and there, so the room seems a little on the high side, but I suppose it's the best choice for an overnight stay with large meeting facilities.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I always stay at a Marriott when I travel. But this week, I decided to do a two night "stay-cation" and checked into the Macon City Center, as with larger Marriott Hotels, the Marriott Macon City Center did not miss a beat!!! The Front Staff was great, My room was a prefect "10", Room Service was always hot and great! The Concierge Lounge was 1st class and their Liaison in there was great! And all the Management and Staff was very professional and friendly.

A true 4 Star Hotel ...

Frankie T.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the hotel. It was a great visit. I just found out that this hotel was rated 4 star hotel by Forbes travel guide. I would never expect a 4 star hotel in Macon. This hotel really deserves it. Great hotel and great people. Can't wait to go back.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Stuart, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Spent 6 nights at this hotel on the concierge floor. The lounge put out meager appetizers in the afternoon and served the same breakfast every morning which did not include any pastry. Our room did not get cleaned one of the days until evening when I complained. I also had to call for fresh towels and toiletries that the housekeeper did not leave. 5 hours later, I received the towels and toilet paper! Seems something was lost in the translation. Dusting was not one of the chores of the daily housekeeping schedule. The staff was all very pleasant and the night Manager, Holly kept a stiff upper lip in the face of many hostile patrons, a fire alarm (from someone smoking in the hotel) and a monster truck rally going on at the coliseum engulfing the place in fumes.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Wayne City, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I were traveling from Galveston, Tx to Savannah, Ga, for busniness and had a few days to relax. We decide to stay in Macon, and came across the Macon City Center. This hotel was perfect for a romantic getaway!! The hotel is so nice, and the staff is very friendly!! Everything was so new, and clean. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!! Perfect hotel for a special weekend!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Wende B, General Manager at Marriott Macon City Center, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Macon is a special place and we think our Marriott is special too. There is so much history here PLUS new shops and museums to see to keep one busy for several days. Thank you so much for your comments. We enjoy what we do and very glad you had a positive experience. Keep an eye out for special events that we host at the Centreplex. Check us out on facebook.

Wende

Been to Marriott Macon City Center? Share your experiences!