“Good for People Traveling with Pets” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Macon West
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4615 Chambers Rd, Macon, GA 31206   |
Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Macon
devo4924
“Good for People Traveling with Pets”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed here traveling from MI to FL with two larger dogs. The hotel is literally right off I75. There appear to be lots of fast food and chain restaurants nearby if you need to eat. There was no hassle whatsoever with the dogs and in fact, there were tons of pets and their owners at the hotel. Even with all the animals, it was very clean. Of course, this is not a Four Seasons; however, the beds were comfortable; the staff was pleasant and efficient; and it was wonderful to have no worries about the dogs. Breakfast was a perfunctory continental breakfast, but I always look at these as an added bonus. The property appeared to be on the newer side. If you are traveling with pets and looking for a place for a quick rest, this is a good choice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Graniteville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stay here with our dogs. Checked in early. Found a sock between a bed and nightstand, and got locked out of the building at 11:55AM when checking out. All in all, it was a (mostly) clean room, and staff was very nice, accommodating and helpful.

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

This hotel was adequate for an over night stay. There was nothing exceptional about the rooms or the lobby. The desk clerk was friendly but when given a problem to solve was quick to inform me it wasn't their fault. Also had to get the clerk from the dining area and interrupt a personal phone call. Actually this occurred 2 separate times. The closet door didn't work but I didn't report that due to prior experience. I would stay again if going through town only because of location and I have a dog.

HINESVILLE, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here the last weekend in October. We were in town for a gymnastics meet. The property was fairly easy to locate. Check-in was a breeze. The staff members were very friendly. The rooms were clean. The only issue I had was we found two ants crawling along the tub in the bathroom. It gave us the feeling that there may be more, which kept us on guard (not a good feeling). Multiple restaurants are close by, so you have many choices. There is an outlet type shopping area nearby, as well. Having an inside pool was great. My daughter and other kids were able to get an evening swim, even though it was cool outside! Plenty of items were out for the complimentary breakfast the next morning. Even though this hotel allows for pets, we were never bothered with excessive barking at all. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a nice place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
sarasota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

We were visiting family for thre holidays, and always travel with our 2 golden retrievers, this hotel was very cleen and on our travel route. This is the 2nd time we stayed in this hotel. I would recommend it to anyone who travels with their dogs!! Don't know about the breakfast as we wanted to get on the road and eat later on. If you are traveling with dogs, I would highly reccomend any LaQuinta as all of them I've stayed in have been very clean with friendly staff!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Sarasota, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Not planning a return to this site, EVER!
Arrival begins with do you have a dog ? I said yes a Maltese. I then am given a full page Pet Policy form that outlines how I must keep my dog leased at all time (which is norm and all traveling owners know).

But the item that caught my attention- dogs are not allowed in the lobby or any of the common areas other than to go and come from ones room. Really??? Can't sit and chill in lobby ? Nope.

This is La Quinta they are all pet-friendly it's their motto. Can someone inform this owner that they need to get into another chain? The staff is prissy and standoffish too. Mind you my dog weighs 6 pds and is fully crate trained and only barks when greeting another dog.

Now one would expect the room to be impeccable with those kind of standards, right? Nope. Found hair on the bathroom floor.

Then stingy is the other issue. I asked for an extra shampoo since I forgot mine at home. The young lady who checked us in duly informed me there was enough in the room already.

I asked, is there more than one? Was told one is norm. I asked again if I could have another bottle for my husband likes his own. She gave me one bottle with a smirk!

Then in the morning, the waffle maker usually has a bottle of non-stick spray and a plastic large fork to grab the completed waffle. I looked for both and neither were found. So I make my waffle it beeps and I start struggling with my plastic little fork to get my waffle off the waffle maker.

The attendant working the breakfast comes over and offers to assist me. She grabs a plastic fork and peels a portion of my waffle off. I asked her don't you have the non-stick spray and the cooking fork? She says no.

I take my waffle, toss it out and end up having oatmeal. As I sit and eat my oatmeal, a group of preteens arrive to make waffles. Seems the family were friendly with the front-desk operations assistant manager. The manager promptly goes to the back kitchen comes out with the non-stock spray and makes the girls waffles!?!? What's up with that???

I then go to checkout and that front end operations manager who was eating in the dining area bellows out to me as she walks towards me, are you checking out ? To which I respond yes and request a bill. She responds didn't you already get one dropped off? I respond need one with a zero balance. She informs me they don't normally provide that. I asked for mine and left in disgust.

Stayed November 2013

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Macon West? Share your experiences!