“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 66 Hotels in Macon
Nekoosa, Wi
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

Stayed during our recent trip to Florida based on reviews. The hotel was very clean, our number one criteria, the elevator, hallways, pool area, workout room, eating area were all clean, no garbage laying around. Our room was also very clean and the bed was comfortable. We didn't notice any train noise as one of the previous reviews mentioned,but when we entered our room there was a package of ear plugs on the bed which makes me think the hotel is aware of a noise problem. The heating/air conditioning unit worked great which is always a plus and the TV is a flat screen with good reception. The internet was strong and we experienced no problems with logging on. Breakfast was your typical hotel breakfast nothing fancy but adequate and the dining room was very clean. The only downside is the hotel was somewhat hard to find as it's about two miles off exit 171 as are the other hotels in the area. I'm guessing there's no exit ramp where the hotels are located but I did notice a entrance ramp to the interstate, Also one of the lights next to the bed had a broken switch which didn't work (actually missing) something I would think the cleaning staff would be aware of and report to mainetance. The new flat screen TV's are great but what would it take to update the channel listing in the room so one doesn't have to flip through the entire channels to find a station although men are used to this. Overall we would definitely stay again as clean hotels are somewhat hard ot find and this one meets that criteria.

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

This hotel is new,staff is so friendly, rooms and beds are comfortable. Would stay here again. This was a stopover on the way to Florida on the way down and the way back.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Saint Charles, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

We stopped here on the way to Florida. It was the second Country Inn and Suites we stayed at along the way (the other in Bowling Green KY). We were checked in by LaQuina who was very helpful and personable. They were out of cookies but that was OK. When we got to our room there were earplugs on each bed which was the tip off it could be noisy. There was a train outside but it really wasn't that loud. Breakfast was very good and came with the room.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

I have stayed a few times at this hotel in the past. The first stay was good with the exception of being woken what seemed to be hourly by a train on the railway line behind the hotel. After that I requested a quiet room and was placed in a room at the front of the hotel where there was no noise.

Staff appears to be always changing. This trip yesterday I as before requested a quit room when I made the reservation and was promised one. Upon arriving I also made it clear I wanted a quit room away from the train noise and again was assured I was in one.

Upon arriving at my room I noticed earwing bugs and what appeared to be baby roaches in the tub.. I turned on the water and was sure that they were all down the tub drain. Shortly after I noticed the little guys on the room wall. I called the front desk and they came up and moved me to the room next door to the one I was in. I looked around and did not see bugs and went to sleep. ALL NIGHT I WAS AWOKEN BY THE TRAIN AS I WAS NOT GIVEN A ROOM THAT WAS QUIT AWAY FROM THE TRAIN NOISE. If I am told something which is a deliberate lie I am not impressed. Upon waking - on no the bugs were in my new room as well.

I will NEVER stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

We stayed at this Country Inn and Suites due to the safe location of the hotel. We also liked the fact that this is a brand new hotel. Check in is at 3 but normally we are allowed to check in a little early. I've never been to a hotel where I was forced to wait to check in AFTER the alloted time....until now. Also, at 8:27am on a Saturday morning, housekeeping came around to every door, knocking wanting to come in and clean. WHAT? Check out isn't even until 12pm!!! Then to top things off, we were told that the continental breakfast was until 10:30am. We went down on our way out to our event at 9:45am and there was NO food except for a few frosted flakes...WHAT? How do you close a breakfast bar that you advertise open until 10:30am? The staff was very nice as was the manager on duty...lots of apologies. I just think there needs to be a little more organization to get the normal things done. The rooms were very clean and new.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Madisonville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

We stayed here twice, on our way to and from Walt Disney World. The location is great---just off the interstate, with Carrabba's & a steakhouse next door. The front desk staff was very nice. The first night there was no tv remote in our room. In just a few minutes, front desk brought one to us. Any questions I had were immediately answered. We had different rooms on different floors for each trip, so I'll break it down that way:

1. First floor, end unit, at the front of the hotel. This room had two queens with a desk & straight back chair, and one additional chair. Standard room. This room had seen some wear & tear. It looked like someone had either been kicking the bottom of the inside of the door, or running something up against it; very worn. The bathtub had a film on it, so I had to rinse it out before putting our daughter in for her bath. The caulk didn't look professionally done. There was a small tear in the shower curtain. Other than not having the remote, I found no other problems. We were given a choice of three floors that night, and I guess I just chose the wrong floor. I was looking for the easiest way to get in and out and get on the road early the next morning. Less distance to haul luggage.

2. Second floor, middle of the hall, back of hotel. This room was larger. In addition to two queen beds & desk with chair, there was at least one wingback chair, maybe two. There was plenty of room for our daughter to spread out her toys and play in the floor. The room was clean & in repair, but the caulk in the tub was, again, not a professional job, and it was brown; most likely mold & mildew. We showered and didn't touch it. For one night, it was fine.

Being able to walk to Carrabba's for dinner & having a short drive to Cracker Barrell for breakfast was great.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2010

Looking for a clean, friendly night's stay. Found a jewel in this Country Inn North.

Courteous staff. Clean room. Right price. Quiet night. Perfect place for weary traveler on a budget. Don't miss it.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn & Suites Macon North? Share your experiences!