“poor management” 1 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, Georgia
“poor management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

While I was there with my uncle I over heard the manager yelling at staff and thought it was very unprofessional. I will not stay at such a poorly run hotel again. The breakfast was good, the price was good and the rooms were nice, Whoever is in charge of hiring really needs to reconsider the management of this hotel. Other than that I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our Sleep Inn Macon property.
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding our management staff's performance on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with our entire staff including the management team to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.
Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Macon.

Kind Regards,
The Team at The Sleep Inn Macon

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
JACKSONVILLE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We were here for an overnight stopover. Pleasantly surprised by the standard of the place for the price ($54). Newly built and well designed. Excellent décor and spotlessly clean. Walk to a variety of restaurants. Best we have stayed in at this price. No complaints.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Very kind words, we thank you !!!.. We are happy you got some pool and spa time, always nice to relax after a trip. Its always great to hear that what we do make a difference and I will be sure to pass along the kind words to our staff. They are a great team and work very hard. I am very proud to be the GM of such a great hotel. Hope to see you in the future, safe travels.

Warm Regards,

The Sleep Inn Team
Statesboro, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

this was my first trip to Macon I had booked at another hotel in the area and was unhappy from first contact through check out i was very impressed at how well run and clean the hotel was the staff is excellent i could not have asked for more for the price I was paying

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Vishal T, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at our hotel. It was wonderful to read your comments regarding our hotel, our entire team works hard to ensure excellence in guest satisfaction. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next visit.

Warm Wishes,

Sleep Inn Macon Team
Sterling Heights, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

In a caravan of 5 women and their children, we were looking for an overnight rest on our way to FL from MI. It was a tough drive, raining most of the way & the storms in Atlanta were awful making for difficult driving. We had been driving since 6:30am, arriving at 9:30pm. Mark checked us in & did a fine job of making sure we were comfortable. He even offered opening the pool for the kids! The breakfast was delicious. The accommodations were very comfortable allowing us to relax before we continued our trip. Thank you for providing a safe haven for us weary travelers. I will definitely utilize Sleep Inn for our future trips.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sleep Inn Macon GA for your lodging needs.

We are more than pleased you enjoyed your stay. Your comments regarding our front desk clerk have been forwarded for recognition. It's amazing how far a kind gesture goes.

We sincerely appreciate your kind words and look forward to serving you again.

The Team At Sleep Inn Macon
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed one night 6/29/13. Hotel was full, room was small, but clean. At "complimentary" breakfast Sunday another guest commented to the worker who was handling both the front desk and the breakfast area, that there wer no forks. The worker said yes, that's because the Manager didn't bring any forks. My wife then spotted the same worker going thru the trash can for used forks. She then washed the dirty forks from the trash can and put them out for guests to use. My wife and I immediately stopped eating. I didn't know where my fork had been. We couldn't wait to get out of there. We were in such a hurry that we left our E-Readers in the Hotel. My wife called the hotel from our next stop in Marietta Ga about the Kindle and Nook but the front desk person said they didn't have them. I sent E-Mail to Choice Hotels website on 6/29/13 about the fork episode, which should violate some health code or company policy. They acknowledged my comments and said someone would contact me within 72 hours. It is now 13 days later and I have heard nothing from Sleep Inn or Choice Hotels. This seems like a lack of concern. I don't know if I can ever stay at any of their properties again

Room Tip: don't eat in this hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you experienced during your recent stay. I can assure you that your complaints and issues are heard and will be resolved immediately. Sleep Inn has recently had a change in management and I can assure you that my management team is working hand in hand with Choice Hotels to assure my property meets and exceeds guest expectations moving forward. As you acknowledged in your response we are looking into this situation. However, this does not excuse the unpleasant variables that resulted in your disappointing stay. I can assure you that steps are being taken to assure this issue does not re-occur in the future.

A management change has been made and we have undergone a massive renovation to address issues like yours as well as others.

In the future I do hope you would be willing to give us another chance and let us showcase our property.

Warm Regards
The Team at Sleep Inn North Macon
Oak Forest, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Rhiannon was the check in gal who was more than helpful, great service and accommading. She made our stay very enjoyable and gave us ideas for travel, food, night life and we had the most enjoyable stay. I will be back again! This girl is an asset to this hotel. My friend has a bum knee and she made every accommodation to help us by bringing in our luggage to helping us to our room. She was doing her job way above the call of duty and she was very funny with jokes, made our stay incredibly fun. Come here and see her! Room was fabulous and clean and great location. Definate stay again!!!!!

Room Tip: Pool was clean and water temp was perfect. Loved it here.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Vishal T, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sleep Inn Macon GA for your lodging needs.

We sincerely appreciate your kind words and look forward to serving you again.

The Team At Sleep Inn Macon
Palm Bay, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I travel every 2 weeks for business and the Sleep Inn has become one of my consistent stops. I know that I can count on a clean room and a friendly staff. The new and and improved hot breakfast is great! I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for selecting Sleep Inn for your lodging needs. We are pleased you were able to enjoy your stay.

We would like to thank your for your review on Trip Advisor. Your kind words mean so much to our Inn.

We look forward to serving you again in the future since you have found your home away from home with the Sleep Inn chain.

The Team At Sleep Inn

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!