“Do not stay here!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 66 Hotels in Macon
Illinois
“Do not stay here!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2008

We stayed here on our way back from a vacation in Florida. We have stayed at Sleep Inns before with no problems, until we stayed at this one. The first room we were given had a terrible smell, which we soon discovered was due to the fact that the toilet was completely backed up. We were moved to a new room with no apology from the desk staff. This room was better in that there was no smell, but it was still far from clean. The sheets were stained and there were french fries on the floor. The closet door was just propped up against the closet and could have injured someone if it had fallen on them. As a last resort, to cheer my daughter up we took her to the hotel pool. It was tiny, filthy and absolutely freezing cold. We couldn't wait to leave and will never stay at Sleep Inns again.

• Liked — Convienient location
  • Disliked — Dirty rooms, unhelpful staff, cold, dirty pool.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
sleepinnnorth723, Owner at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, December 29, 2011
Hotel is under new management.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2008

I will never stay at this hotel again. The room had a horrible odor and the blankets had reddish thick fluid all over them. The blankets looked like they were never cleaned before being put on the bed. 30 minutes after checking out, I realized that I did not grab my expensive sweater off the hanger. I contacted the hotel immediately, they agreed to hold my sweater til the weekend. Couple days later, they tell me there is no sweater. I contact the owner who has never return my call. I would not let my dog stay at this hotel.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2007

Generally speaking, I have found the Sleep Inn hotel chain to be a fairly dependable brand. It is because of that fact that I stayed here for one night in late July using a Roomsaver coupon. Had I had a chance to read these reviews first, I would've skipped it.

The room I was initially given was small but well-appointed: well-lit work station, good wi-fi signal, clean mini-fridge, and small but comfortable bed. However, when I was getting ready to settle in for the evening, I noted an ant crawling on the chair next to the A/C unit. Then another one... and another one. I soon discovered that there was an whole army of ants lined up across the wall near the ceiling. The front desk clerk moved me to another room without any hassle, and I found the next room to be equally small and well-appointed but without the ants (actually, I did see one ant in that room but decided I could live with one).

Obviously, I wasn't happy about the ant issue, nor about the move down the hall that it necessitated. But ants aside, I still wasn't very impressed with the inn. I guess I've grown accustomed to "one bed" meaning a King or a Queen, not a Full. Also, the sheets were a little stained, despite being technically clean.

When I return to this area next, I think I'll give LaQuinta a try.

• Liked — Good wi-fi signal
  • Disliked — Ants, small room, small bed
  • Stayed July 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
sleepinnnorth723, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, December 29, 2011
georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2007

Internet said there was a hot tub but there wasn't. The pool area was filthy with ceiling tiles peeling from ceiling and moldy insullation hanging down. The desk clerks' comments were "it's not touching you" and that the sanitation problem did not fall under the price guarantee. Clerk refused to le me cancell the reservation or use the hotel phone to call ichoice to clear it up. I did get through to ichoice and they called the clerk and got my reservation cancelled. Rude staff, dirty motel and not exactly cheap. Either save your money and go to the motel six or spend a few dollars more and go to the comfort inn.

Stayed June 2007
Swansea, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2006

If you need a place to stop and sleep, don't stop at the Sleep Inn of Hwy 75 in Macon Georgia. You are better off sleeping in your car. The room was disgusting and had a horrible odor. The toilet moved from side to side and staff could not communicate with the guests (language barrier). The exit door next to our room was broken, so everytime someone left the building the door slammed shut with a big bang. After complaining to the "manager" he promised he would credit our account and was supposed to mail us an apologetic letter. Instead he lied to Choice Hotel customer service and indicated that he did send us a letter and the account did not need to be credited. As a matter of fact, he called our house the next day and asked me if I still wanted him to mail me a letter of apology. COMPLETELY UNPROFESSIONAL AND DISHONEST. I have used many other Choice Hotels in the past and have always had a great experience; the was the first Choice Hotel with the opposite experience. Finally, the Full Hot Breakfast promised on the website-again not true.

Hotel is under new management.

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!