“Spotless, Quiet, Comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 65 hotels in Macon
Dearborn, Michigan
“Spotless, Quiet, Comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stopped at the Macon Homewood on the way home from Florida. Usually take the by-pass but taking I-75 to get to the hotel was not really out of the way. What a nice surprise. This was our first experience with this chain and it was a great stay. The room looked brand new, updated with granite countertops, and a very nicely outfitted small kitchen. We didn't need to use it since it was just an overnight stay, but the price of the suite was very reasonable and comparable to other chains offering just a room. The bed was ultra comfy-like sleeping on a cloud and the hotel is located just far enough off the freeway to be very quiet. We had a great night's sleep and a very nice breakfast in the morning as well. As an added bonus, there's a restaurant right next door-Natalia's-we were tired from driving all day and didn't feel like getting in the car again so we just walked next door expecting some run of the mill restaurant. In reality, the restaurant is very high end. We ate at the bar since it was a Friday night and you needed a reservation, but we had the most wonderful meal. So this stop was one of the best we've ever had-great hotel, great restaurant next door. I'd highly recommend this hotel-excellent value, obviously well-run, spotless and comfortable-what's not to like!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
cathyGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites Macon-North, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
How refreshing to hear your complimentary remarks about our team at the Homewood Suites Macon-North, GA. Homewood Suites employees consistently focus on the care and comfort of our guests and will be so pleased to know that their efforts did not go unnoticed! It will be a pleasure to share your comments with the hotel staff. Feedback from our guests is an invaluable tool in our mission of to be the first choice of our travelers. Your input and the time taken to tell us of your experience are most appreciated and really helpful. Please know that we want you as our guest, and we look forward to our next opportunity to be of service with your travel needs.

209 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
West PalmBeach, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I was debating whether to write anything, as this is a very nice HomewoodD Suites, and if you need a spot in Macon with two rooms, by all means stay.

I figured I would write this as this is first time ever I was at hotel and entiire hotel lost power!! It was not the hotel's fault, they lost power and parking area around 11:30PM, for a couple hours.

Probably would have slept thru it but for the fact folks above were noisy (and I do blame hotel for that), and woke me, thus the reason Im wriitng and knocking them down just a bit.
I have been gold memeber for a while, the hotel was not filled, and given my profile, was not happy they put someone above me, between their walking/running and power, not a good way to start your second day of trip, getting up at 6:00am and not being able to sleep until after 1:30...
neverthelss, the staff there that night did their best, and reality is, not much they could do, and I realize plenty of folks in my spot too.

My only gripe is when you ask for quiet room, off road,e tc, and they put you under someone.. Thus my knock on folks who signed me in, but kudos to the two ladies who were there during power outage trying best to keep all happy.

Oh well, worth a visit otherwise,

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
cathyGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites Macon-North, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites Macon North during your visit to our city.
Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience during your stay at our property. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to discuss this with you and handling it to your satisfaction.

Also, thank you for your kind words of how the front desk handled the power outage with the car accident. We strive to always make our guest feel at home!
Indianapolis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I called this hotel my home for 4 months. I couldn't recommend a better hotel or staff. The breakfasts were always great and the Managers Reception food was always quality and very good. I always felt safe and welcome. This hotel is named appropriately as "Home" wood. This is a great hotel for business travelers, couples and families.

Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The facilities are wonderful and the staff is GREAT. The staff has a very pleasant and wonderful attitude. The staff at the hotel is always willing to help and make your stay more comfortable. The location of the hotel is out of the hussle of the downtown area making it very quiet and pleasant during the evening hours.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Ithaca, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I experienced 2 problems on this trip. For left-leaning liberals, be aware that Hilton in at least some southern hotels seems to be scrambling MSNBC. I experienced this at 2 Hiltons in 2 weeks. You can, however, keep up with the folks at Fox. The beds have feather coverlet and pillows... quite luxurious... unless you don't like feather pillows. It took 3 requests over 2 days for them to provide me a non-feather pillow. I was dissatisfied with this service and other than apologizing each time I made this request they did nothing to try to make it right.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

New Port Richey, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have family and business in Macon and have stayed at several different hotels in the area over the years but non compare to the Homewood Suites! This place is clean every time we stay there and the employees are very pleasant. Other hotels were so noisy we could not get a good night's sleep but this place was very quiet even though there were a lot of occupied rooms on our floor. It is located close to the interstate and food and other services necessary for us are closely located as well. Breakfast is free for guests every morning which makes it nice to roll out and not have to travel before coffee! This is our go to hotel from here on out and we do make several trips from Florida to Macon every year. You will totally have a pleasant stay here!

Rome, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Overall quality and cleanliness each and every time I've stayed there. I travel every day for work and see it all. This is a great place to stay. Staff and Management are super and I encourage you to get to know any of them! Other hotels should take notes from this place! Great area for shopping and food also if you don't want the dinner buffet provided.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Been to Homewood Suites Macon-North? Share your experiences!