“Incredible! Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Macon.” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1514 Bass Rd, Macon, GA 31210   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Atlanta, Georgia
“Incredible! Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Macon.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Great place to stay - feels like my own little apartment! My company is based in Macon, so I have to travel down there several times during the year, and Homewood is my company's preferred hotel in Macon. Every time I stay there, I love it a little bit more. I really do like the one bedroom king suite b/c it feels like a home - reminds me of my first apartment after college! Staff is kind and helpful - especially Anne at the front desk - what a delight! I've stayed at two other hotels in Macon for this purpose, but now, I'm spoiled with Homewood! Love it!

Room Tip: HIghest floor is best - people above me the last two times sounded like a herd of damned elephants.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Danny T
cathyGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Macon - North, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Danny,
Thank you for your kind words. We are so happy to hear that you had such a great experience.
I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our staff and especially Anne.
Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you during your next stay.

Enjoy your day!

hayesville, nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This newer hotel is situated in a very convenient location with a Publix across the road and a Simon Properties Shopping area just five minutes away. Friendly staff, great breakfast and even supper Monday through Thursday.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

This Homewood is in a great location and is very large. The area around it is very nice with a Publix and a great Mexican restaurant in the shopping complex. We will definitely stay here again on our way to Florida. The room was laid out very well and the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank KYgirl2010
Dear Ky Girk,
Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites Macon North during your visit to our city. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to having you return on your next visit to Florida. Hopefully we will have more stores and restaurants available for you to choose from. Please let me know if I can be of assistnace in the future. Enjoy your day!
West PalmBeach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

as always, a great Homewood Suites.

Just one night, but very nice property, convenient toboth highway, and a few places to eat both casual and fancy close by.

As always with Homewood,a great breakfast spread, and for those who like them, an evening social hour, more than usual, inf act they had everything from wings, to salad, wine/beer, rolls etc.

I dont usually partake in the evening events, but really quite a deal.

If you need a place and want a suite like Homewood,with separate room, definitely reccommend, I am partial to Hilton properties, but nothing negative to say, from great staff and property in general

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
cathyGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Macon - North, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Tony,

Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites Macon North during your visit to our city. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and dinner. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our staff. Please let me know if I can be of assistance in the future. I can be reached at 478-477-9776 ext 152.
Happy New Year.
Houston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

LOVED this hotel. Everything was clean and beautiful, and comfortable. The only problem, and it was a HUGE problem for me, was that I was charged for an extra night ($181) because I left a duffle bag in the room after check-out (I'd been traveling with children for weeks...many things were lost along the way.). The whole room was empty otherwise. When I called to straighten out what I thought was an oversight charge, I was told in a very hostile tone and raised voice, by Cathy G., the GM, that Hilton's policy is to continue to charge if there is something bigger than a toothbrush left in the room. I was also told she personally tried to contact me several times and was told I had lost my phone. According to my phone records, of the phone I never lost, there were never any such calls. When I asked her if she had my correct number, her response was, "I don't know. It was like a week ago!" After a very unprofessional phone conversation and a warning, from Cathy, never to leave anything in her hotel again because she will not reverse charges, the $181 was reluctantly refunded. No worries about leaving anything, I will not stay there again. Too many other beautiful places with better customer service to worry with this drama.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank JodieHaney
cathyGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Macon - North, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry our check out policy did not meet your needs. Your comments will help us to improve our policies and better serve our guests in the future. We are happy to know that you did enjoy the comfort of our hotel during your stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My sister and I wanted to our families to meet halfway between our homes for Thanksgiving. Macon was the halfway point for us. We wanted somewhere we could stay a few days and also heat our own food for turkey day. Homewood Suites fit our needs.The parking lot was well lit. Each suite had a king bed and a pull out sofa bed. Both the king bed and the sofa bed was very comfortable. The rooms were clean and modern. They did not have that "old hotel" feeling. Videos are free to rent at the front desk. There is complementary popcorn in the rooms. Each unit has a full fridge, microwave, dishwasher, a 2 burner stove top, and a small kitchen sink. There are pots, eating and drinking utensils in each kitchen. There is no oven, which was a surprise to us since we had intended to reheat our food. Not to worry. There are two gas grills in the pool area that are free to use for guests. We simply smoked/heated our turkey. It came out wonderful!! During our stay complementary beer and wine were served Monday through Thursday. A complementary dinner was served in the afternoon. They were full meals complete with meat, veggies, and bread They were very good. Complimentary wi-fi was a big hit with the teens. Breakfast was amazing. It was a full hot breakfast complete with waffles, eggs, bacon, grits, sausage, biscuits and gravy and lots of fresh fruit, cereal and juice. I honestly could find nothing wrong with this hotel. Pam was absolutely wonderful. I had explained to her that this was the first time in years that my family spent Thanksgiving together, and we wanted it to be great. She and her manager (sorry, I cannot remember her name) went out of their way to make sure things worked out for us. They even called us while we were on the road to make assure us that our requests were being met. It doesn't get any better than that. Mark from housekeeping was very engaging and friendly. That young man's people skills should not be overlooked by the company. Our servers at dinner and breakfast were very professional also. It was a great experience for us. We will definitely be back in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view, it is nicer. If you have kids and a large group ask for corner rooms.
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Beckyone
Dear Beckyone,
Thank you for your response. We are happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed Thanksgiving with us during your stay in Macon. I'm happy to hear also, that our grills were helpful when making your turkey. We wish you a very Merry Christmas and hope that you return next year with your family.

Happy Holidays
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Complimentary breakfast and dinner, spacious, clean rooms and friendly staff make this a deal worth taking. The hotel is located near I-75 and there are restaurants, grocery stores, etc nearby. A larger shopping center and movie theater are located about 5 miles away. We stayed on the top floor, so we didn't have any of the noise issues that a few others have mentioned. We heard no outside noise or noise from other rooms. The only negatives we experienced were minor -- such as the fact that the closet doors don't slide far enough back to grant easy access. Overall, this was a really good hotel and I would definitely stay here again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: suggest staying on the top floor for the quietest stay.
    • 4 of 5 stars
cathyGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Macon - North, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Carolina,
Thank you for your response on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Macon and look forward to having you return.
Happy Holidays!