“Good Staff and Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save!
Ranked #1 of 66 hotels in Macon
“Good Staff and Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My sister and I wanted to our families to meet halfway between our homes for Thanksgiving. Macon was the halfway point for us. We wanted somewhere we could stay a few days and also heat our own food for turkey day. Homewood Suites fit our needs.The parking lot was well lit. Each suite had a king bed and a pull out sofa bed. Both the king bed and the sofa bed was very comfortable. The rooms were clean and modern. They did not have that "old hotel" feeling. Videos are free to rent at the front desk. There is complementary popcorn in the rooms. Each unit has a full fridge, microwave, dishwasher, a 2 burner stove top, and a small kitchen sink. There are pots, eating and drinking utensils in each kitchen. There is no oven, which was a surprise to us since we had intended to reheat our food. Not to worry. There are two gas grills in the pool area that are free to use for guests. We simply smoked/heated our turkey. It came out wonderful!! During our stay complementary beer and wine were served Monday through Thursday. A complementary dinner was served in the afternoon. They were full meals complete with meat, veggies, and bread They were very good. Complimentary wi-fi was a big hit with the teens. Breakfast was amazing. It was a full hot breakfast complete with waffles, eggs, bacon, grits, sausage, biscuits and gravy and lots of fresh fruit, cereal and juice. I honestly could find nothing wrong with this hotel. Pam was absolutely wonderful. I had explained to her that this was the first time in years that my family spent Thanksgiving together, and we wanted it to be great. She and her manager (sorry, I cannot remember her name) went out of their way to make sure things worked out for us. They even called us while we were on the road to make assure us that our requests were being met. It doesn't get any better than that. Mark from housekeeping was very engaging and friendly. That young man's people skills should not be overlooked by the company. Our servers at dinner and breakfast were very professional also. It was a great experience for us. We will definitely be back in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view, it is nicer. If you have kids and a large group ask for corner rooms.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
cathyGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites Macon-North, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Beckyone,
Thank you for your response. We are happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed Thanksgiving with us during your stay in Macon. I'm happy to hear also, that our grills were helpful when making your turkey. We wish you a very Merry Christmas and hope that you return next year with your family.

Happy Holidays

270 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Complimentary breakfast and dinner, spacious, clean rooms and friendly staff make this a deal worth taking. The hotel is located near I-75 and there are restaurants, grocery stores, etc nearby. A larger shopping center and movie theater are located about 5 miles away. We stayed on the top floor, so we didn't have any of the noise issues that a few others have mentioned. We heard no outside noise or noise from other rooms. The only negatives we experienced were minor -- such as the fact that the closet doors don't slide far enough back to grant easy access. Overall, this was a really good hotel and I would definitely stay here again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: suggest staying on the top floor for the quietest stay.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
cathyGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites Macon-North, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Carolina,
Thank you for your response on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Macon and look forward to having you return.
Happy Holidays!
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stayed at this place on our way to and from Chattanooga. Excellent! Comfortable room, separate bedroom so kids could have their own space and so could we. Breakfast included, and dinner on some nights as well.

Room Tip: We stayed on second floor both times. No noise from hall or upstairs. AC and fridge quiet. Rooms...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
cathyGM, Manager at Homewood Suites Macon-North, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
June,
Thank you for chosing Homewood Suites Macon during your trip to Chattanoogna. I am happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay. I, too, do love the one bedroom suites when you have children. It's nice to have an extra television to watch your own shows. I'm also happy to hear that you enjoyed our meals.
We hope to see you again in the future. Please let me know when you arrival, so that I have a chance to meet you.

Happy Holidays, enjoy your family!!
Chattanooga, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have stayed at the Macon Homewood Suites for the past 2 years on our way to Florida. Needless to say - never a disappointment! The hotel is located just off I-75 (don't take the bypass) but you don't experience any of the interstate traffic noise. The rooms are extremely comfortable - we were in a 2 queen suite - and there was plenty of room for the 3 of us.

The living room contains a nice sofa that converts to a sleeper, coffee table, 32" flat screen on top of a small "chest of drawers", and an overstuffed chair. There is a small work desk as well. The kitchen area has a full sized refrigerator with ice maker, dishwasher, 2 burner stove, and microwave. All utensils, including pots & pans are there too. A coffee maker & toaster round out the kitchen. And if you're there Sunday thru Thursday, they furnish a manager's special for dinner.

The hot breakfast is second to none. You have scrambled eggs with cheese, breakfast potatoes, bacon & sausage, biscuits, toast, bagels, muffins, waffles & grits. I think I must've overlooked the gravy for the biscuits but am sure it was there. They also have oatmeal with all the trimmings, and an assortment of yogurts, fresh fruit & cereals. Juices, coffee & milk (both chocolate & white) are there as well. Very nice breakfast all included in the rate. And the seating area is spacious & kept very clean.

There is a small shopping area across the street with a Publix Grocery should you find you left any toiletries behind. An Italian restaurant is next door and a Mexican restaurant is across the street - both within easy walking distance and the neighborhood is safe. And for those guys that like the Bass Pro Shops, there is one located on the other side of the interstate-you can't walk to it but we spent a couple of hours there as well.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your great response of "Perfection" We are so happy to hear that you have enjoyed your visits to Macon. We hope that you will return again next year. If you do, please make sure you ask for me. I would like the opportunity to meet you.

Have a very safe and Happy Holiday Season!
Kane, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The Homewood Suites in Macon was wonderful! After a longer than expected day on the road traveling from Chicago to FL (truck explosion with hazardous materials caused massive delay) we arrived at the Homewood suites tired, stressed and ready for sleep!!!!! The woman at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful and upgraded us to a larger room at no cost. We made our way to our room, wow, not what I was expecting at all. The room was pretty had a nice sitting area, kitchen, and a great bedroom with a king size bed, high ceilings and a ceiling fan! The bathroom was clean and nice, and had a real shower that had great water pressure and was positioned high enough that a taller person could actually take a nice shower. I couldn't wait to wash the day and the road away! Needless to say we all fell right to sleep, no noise, very cozy and comfortable. The beds were great, even the sofa bed was wonderful! Then came 8am...yummmmm, I smell yummmmmy goodness. Breakfast! I haven't been awakened by the smells of yummy breakfast since I lived at home with my parents, could it be biscuits and gravy...no way....YES, it was BISCUITS AND GRAVY (not as good as moms, but still) and eggs, sausage, cereals, juices, fruit, waffles, toast and much more! This a great place with a wonderful and caring staff! Beautiful property and rooms! Highly recommend!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Tracey,
Thank you for such a great review! I am sorry to hear that you had such a long trip with traffic.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay while in Macon and that you enjoyed the breakfast. Although, nothing can be better thans Moms cooking. I have to agree with you on that.
We hope to see you again on your next trip to the South
Happy Holidays!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I am staying at this property as I write this review. I am extremely pleased with all aspects of our stay, and I"m a veteran in the hospitality business I have stayed in many, many hotels; when I state that this hotel has shown levels of hospitality to be "above and beyond" the words come with a very experienced viewpoint.
Check in was quick, friendly and personable. A lovely touch that the hotel offers is a lending library of family friendly DVDs to compliment the DVD players in every room. Popcorn is in the room waiting! We were tired from a long drive and it was so nice to have some popcorn and a hot tea and see a good movie while we unwound. Did I mention that hubby wanted his own popcorn and the housekeeper cheerfully gave us a second bag. I need to do some laundry and when I went over to the guest laundry room it was equipped with cushioned chairs to sit in if one wished, while doing laundry. Simple touches that make such a difference!! When we thought we should probably work out a bit to compensate for the extra popcorn we were happily surprised to note that not only does this hotel offer a nice work-out room, but that guests of the hotel can work out at the nearby health club when they present their room key!!
Soon afterward (at 5 pm) we went downstairs for the dinner reception offered at Homewood Suites Mon-Thurs. evenings. Wow!! The lasagna and bread-sticks and vegetables were soooo good!! And then a super duper extra bonus delight for me (a soy-allergy afflicted person)-so many salad dressing choices and including a great soy-free vinaigrette!! Yay, I got to have salad with dressing for a change :)
Cathy, the general manager of this property, is a wonderful person and an absolute ambassador for Hilton. Her friendliness was so genuine and so warm that I felt like we became friends in the space of our short chat. She is a gem!! My husband and I also were pleased with Tony's pleasant, efficient and friendly service at dinnertime. I hope everyone who reads these reviews will take time to think about tipping at a complimentary meal, as the server still provides his attention to the folks dining!!
I notice almost everything about hotels where I stay because hospitality has been my lifelong passion and career of choice. This hotel is CLEAN!! Deep down where it counts kind of clean. I observed the housekeepers cleaning the carpets and floors with professional equipment and detergent and it seemed to be a normal procedure, not a special undertaking. The blankets all appear to be freshly laundered, not just folded back up. The walls and floors are spotless and there are dishes and cooking utensils in the cupboards that are even streak free. And please tip the housekeepers too!! They work really hard to make sure your rooms are perfect.
The grounds are well groomed and the decor is so pretty. I give this property a Five Star Rating and only wish that I had the authority to truly designate it as such, but I do have the ability to say with full confidence that you should come stay at the Macon-North Homewood Suites; you will never want to leave. Thank you to the owner for providing such a top notch staff and facilities. We will be back, and I will certainly be suggesting this hotel to the many travelers I come in contact with at my place of employment.

Dianne,
Thank you for your kind words. The staff and I enjoyed meeting you and hope that you return again to Macon for a visit. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay.
Happy Holidays to you and your family.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This hotel is great! I would definitely stay here again if I needed a hotel in this part of Macon. The staff was very friendly and made sure I was comfortable and pleased with my accommodations. I like that they have both complimentary dinners AND breakfasts!

Again, very comfortable and clean with great access to a grocery store (Publix), several shops, banks, gas stations, and only a few minutes from the Riverside mall.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your response. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay while in Macon. We hope to see you again soon. Please let me know when you arrive. I would like the opportunity to meet you. Enjoy your Holiday Season!

Been to Homewood Suites Macon-North? Share your experiences!