“FANTASTIC after a long day on the road.” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Book Early and Save!
Ranked #1 of 65 hotels in Macon
Kane, Illinois, United States
“FANTASTIC after a long day on the road.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The Homewood Suites in Macon was wonderful! After a longer than expected day on the road traveling from Chicago to FL (truck explosion with hazardous materials caused massive delay) we arrived at the Homewood suites tired, stressed and ready for sleep!!!!! The woman at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful and upgraded us to a larger room at no cost. We made our way to our room, wow, not what I was expecting at all. The room was pretty had a nice sitting area, kitchen, and a great bedroom with a king size bed, high ceilings and a ceiling fan! The bathroom was clean and nice, and had a real shower that had great water pressure and was positioned high enough that a taller person could actually take a nice shower. I couldn't wait to wash the day and the road away! Needless to say we all fell right to sleep, no noise, very cozy and comfortable. The beds were great, even the sofa bed was wonderful! Then came 8am...yummmmm, I smell yummmmmy goodness. Breakfast! I haven't been awakened by the smells of yummy breakfast since I lived at home with my parents, could it be biscuits and gravy...no way....YES, it was BISCUITS AND GRAVY (not as good as moms, but still) and eggs, sausage, cereals, juices, fruit, waffles, toast and much more! This a great place with a wonderful and caring staff! Beautiful property and rooms! Highly recommend!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
cathyGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites Macon-North, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Tracey,
Thank you for such a great review! I am sorry to hear that you had such a long trip with traffic.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay while in Macon and that you enjoyed the breakfast. Although, nothing can be better thans Moms cooking. I have to agree with you on that.
We hope to see you again on your next trip to the South
Happy Holidays!

256 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I am staying at this property as I write this review. I am extremely pleased with all aspects of our stay, and I"m a veteran in the hospitality business I have stayed in many, many hotels; when I state that this hotel has shown levels of hospitality to be "above and beyond" the words come with a very experienced viewpoint.
Check in was quick, friendly and personable. A lovely touch that the hotel offers is a lending library of family friendly DVDs to compliment the DVD players in every room. Popcorn is in the room waiting! We were tired from a long drive and it was so nice to have some popcorn and a hot tea and see a good movie while we unwound. Did I mention that hubby wanted his own popcorn and the housekeeper cheerfully gave us a second bag. I need to do some laundry and when I went over to the guest laundry room it was equipped with cushioned chairs to sit in if one wished, while doing laundry. Simple touches that make such a difference!! When we thought we should probably work out a bit to compensate for the extra popcorn we were happily surprised to note that not only does this hotel offer a nice work-out room, but that guests of the hotel can work out at the nearby health club when they present their room key!!
Soon afterward (at 5 pm) we went downstairs for the dinner reception offered at Homewood Suites Mon-Thurs. evenings. Wow!! The lasagna and bread-sticks and vegetables were soooo good!! And then a super duper extra bonus delight for me (a soy-allergy afflicted person)-so many salad dressing choices and including a great soy-free vinaigrette!! Yay, I got to have salad with dressing for a change :)
Cathy, the general manager of this property, is a wonderful person and an absolute ambassador for Hilton. Her friendliness was so genuine and so warm that I felt like we became friends in the space of our short chat. She is a gem!! My husband and I also were pleased with Tony's pleasant, efficient and friendly service at dinnertime. I hope everyone who reads these reviews will take time to think about tipping at a complimentary meal, as the server still provides his attention to the folks dining!!
I notice almost everything about hotels where I stay because hospitality has been my lifelong passion and career of choice. This hotel is CLEAN!! Deep down where it counts kind of clean. I observed the housekeepers cleaning the carpets and floors with professional equipment and detergent and it seemed to be a normal procedure, not a special undertaking. The blankets all appear to be freshly laundered, not just folded back up. The walls and floors are spotless and there are dishes and cooking utensils in the cupboards that are even streak free. And please tip the housekeepers too!! They work really hard to make sure your rooms are perfect.
The grounds are well groomed and the decor is so pretty. I give this property a Five Star Rating and only wish that I had the authority to truly designate it as such, but I do have the ability to say with full confidence that you should come stay at the Macon-North Homewood Suites; you will never want to leave. Thank you to the owner for providing such a top notch staff and facilities. We will be back, and I will certainly be suggesting this hotel to the many travelers I come in contact with at my place of employment.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dianne,
Thank you for your kind words. The staff and I enjoyed meeting you and hope that you return again to Macon for a visit. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay.
Happy Holidays to you and your family.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This hotel is great! I would definitely stay here again if I needed a hotel in this part of Macon. The staff was very friendly and made sure I was comfortable and pleased with my accommodations. I like that they have both complimentary dinners AND breakfasts!

Again, very comfortable and clean with great access to a grocery store (Publix), several shops, banks, gas stations, and only a few minutes from the Riverside mall.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your response. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay while in Macon. We hope to see you again soon. Please let me know when you arrive. I would like the opportunity to meet you. Enjoy your Holiday Season!
Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stopped here on our drive to Florida. It had been a long day and we were hungry! To our surprise dinner is served Monday thru Thursday here and we enjoyed soup, salad and chicken for dinner! What a nice treat at the end of the day.
The room was most comfortable and beds and pillows were great! Breakfast was very good, staff was very helpful!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
We sure are glad you had a great time staying with us in Macon. So happy to hear that you enjoyed our evening during. Thank you for a great review. We hope you have an opportunity to visit us again in the future. Happy Holiday's from your friends at Homewood Suites Macon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Firstly, like everyone else said this is a very clean and nice hotel. But that was the only thing good about it. We stayed here on our way up from fl to nc. Everything was great until 9:00 when I tried to get my 2 children to go to sleep. The contractor of this hotel did not do a good job with the noise barrier between floors. We heard stomping all night long. I have a 11 month old that would not go to sleep until the people above us decided they were ready for bed around ten. I called the front desk the the lady said there was nothing she could do about it so I just did my best to not get upset. On our way home we stayed again here hoping our experience would be better than the week prior. Wrong! The family above us decided since there children weren't tired it would be a good idea to let them run back and forth all night. By 9:45 we had it and called front desk to complain. She said she would send maintenance up there. By 10:15 the upstairs decided not only that the kids could run but also jump off of furniture(or so it sounded). So we called back the front desk. She told us that maintenance didn't hear anything, I requested for them to come to our room to hear it. She then said that maintenance is gone (my husband thinks they were never there to begin with). So she offered to switch us rooms but we would have to pay an up charge because there weren't any rooms of the same type we had!!! What???? If you ever stay here you better bring your earplugs!!!!

• Stayed October 2012
cathyGM, Manager at Homewood Suites Macon-North, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites Macon North during your visit to our City. I am sorry for the inconvenience that occurred during your stay. I will personally look into the problems that you mentioned. I will also review all training procedures with our staff.
Cathy, General Manager
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

First time stay on way to Florida from Wisconsin. Beds extremely comfortable. Great shower. Breakfast was the way you want it...hot and cold options..extremely well done. Staff was great. Will be back.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Woodstock, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This place is sparkling brand new and very comfortable room for a very low rate. My wife raved about the space and the comfort of the pillows. Having a big den to lounge in made the weekend stay very comfortable. Next door is a tasty italian place and across the street is a solid Mexican place and a mellow mushroom pizza. The breakfast was very well done and free in a way above average lobby. The staff was very helpful and the wedding visit was a complete hit in part because of this convenient and great value of a hotel

Room Tip: The rooms at the back of the hotel are easy to get to an elevator and easier to park for.