“Wonderful Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 65 hotels in Macon
Savannah, Georgia
“Wonderful Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

VERY new Homewood Suites, and everything is lovely and clean and spacious. I am so glad HWS has changed their format to interior corridors, as I am often traveling with one of my kids for soccer while Dad stays home with the other kids. Feels much safer than the old "condo" style HWS with separate exterior entrances.

This hotel is situated on Bass Road in a newly burgeoning commercial area . . .not congested and noisy, but all amenities are close by--grocery, several restaurants, gas station, without the hassle of the Arkwright Road/Riverside Drive area, and there is a back entrance to the newer shopping area that also avoids the interstate/traffic hassle.

Room layout was great--I thought the beds were VERY comfortable, and I am really picky, so not sure what some other reviewers were thinking! Staff was wonderfully hospitable--friendly and helpful!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

247 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Tifton, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I may have reviewed this hotel before, but if so, it is worth an update. The room was extremely nice, with a small but full kitchen, sitting area, and bedroom which could be closed off from the rest of the suite. The bed is great. I was initially concerned about potential hall noise, because the room was very close to one set of elevators and the ice machine. But despite the fact that the hotel was fully booked, I was not at all disturbed by noise. The breakfast is reasonably good, with hot items. The happy hour is a big plus after a long day of meeting, and what is particularly nice is that dinner is served in the lobby. It isn't great food, but it is good enough and beats getting into a car after a long happy hour talking shop with other conference attendees. The gym is adequate; mostly treadmills, but good ones, with individual tv screens (take earphones). The hotel is located close to a Publix and several places to eat. The staff is pleasant.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
CC,Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

We stayed at the Macon-North Homewood Suites for just one night on 10/13/11. We were very pleased with all aspects of our stay. Our room overlooked the pool and was very comfortable for my husband and myself. It was clean and spacious and our king bed was great with lots of pillows!! The furnishings in the room were very nice and modern, I loved the window coverings! We were able to connect to the wi-fi very easily and had no connection problems whatsoever. The room price (we paid $116.00) was very reasonable considering all included and quality of the hotel and room! We arrived on Thursday evening, and the complimentary dinner and drinks were just wrapping up at 7pm. I did enjoy a glass of wine though! I looked at the dinner buffet being served and it looked and smelled really good! It was sailsbury steak, potatoes, gravy, vegetable, etc..... We opted to walk across the road to a Mexican restaurant. I think it's called Margarita..something? It was pretty good, not great, but okay. The breakfast buffet at the hotel the next morning was delicious! It was one of the best breakfast buffets I've had! The scrambled eggs were great, really flavorful. The sausage gravy and bisquits were yummy, and my husband really liked the grits. There were many other choices on the buffet, I can't remember them all now :) I can't say enough about the staff that we met! Everyone was so friendly and helpful. always asking if we needed anything We will definitely stay here again whenever we are in Macon! Loved this hotel, (and I can be pretty picky, so I was very pleasantly surprised :)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

Let me start by saying that I travel to Macon for work a good bit and have stayed at 4 different hotels in town (see other reviews for details). The Homewood is BY FAR the best place to stay in Macon. Here's the good/bad and ugly:

* The location is a little ways away from downtown Macon--which is actually a good thing-- I often travel alone and feel safe staying in this area of town. It's also close to the outdoor shopping mall, several new restaurants and the Bass Pro

* Free Breakfast. While similar places in the same price range (Courtyard Marriott) are cutting back and offerring fewer perks... the Homewood gives you free breakfast, beer and wine at night and a free dinner. I probably would not recommend eating the dinner.. but it is really nice that they offer it!

* The staff is incredibly nice and professional. In juxtaposition with the Marriott in downtown Macon, the staff here are TEN TIMES better!

* The building looks very clean and new.

*The rooms are large, comfortable and feel like "home"

I was traveling with a co-worker who does the Marriott points and twisted her arm to stay somewhere other than Marriott. She stayed at the Homewood for the first time and became a "believer". Her husband is also a traveling consultant now tries to stay at Homewoods when possible.

Overall, GREAT stay!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

Fantastic value. I have to be in Macon about once a month on business. The room is large, parking convenient and close to shopping.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Chattahoochee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

I read other reviews before selecting this hotel, and I was not disappointed in the 4 nights we stayed. From the first moment, the staff was excellent -- both friendly and accommodating. We happened to arrive about 6 p.m. on a Wednesday, and the first comment made by the clerk was, "Oh, good! You got here in time for dinner!" Dinner? Wow, they actually meant dinner. Not 5-star restaurant dinner, but the wings, tater tots, soup, salad, and rolls were really good and not having to go out and find a meal was a delightful treat after a long trip. (Note: I think they only serve dinner maybe Mon-Thurs; check the website.) After that, the room was beautiful, comfortable, and immaculate. They loan new-release DVDs at the front desk, so we did that, too.
The location was good in most ways: close to I-75; just across the street from a 1st-rate grocery store and a terrific restaurant (Margaritas Mexican grill) where they were playing live music on the patio on a Friday night; and only about a mile from a town-center type mall and many other good restaurants. The only problem with the location was its actual site: the area around is still under development, so if a lovely view is important to you, you should try somewhere else. This was definitely NOT a problem for us.
One piece of advice: if you are staying on a weekend and like quiet, ask for a room on the back or sides away from the pool. As it happened, two wedding parties were staying there that weekend. A group of happy people returned to the hotel at about 10 p.m. after the rehearsal dinner and decided to continue their festivities out on the patio near the pool. While I was sympathetic to their joyful celebration, they did keep me up longer than I wanted to be awake.
Overall, the stay was great, and we will likely always choose this hotel when staying in or near Macon.

Room Tip: If quiet is important, ask for a room facing away from the pool area.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
cgarofalo, Manager at Homewood Suites Macon-North, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Thank you for such a great review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay during your visit to Macon. I will pass on your kind words to our staff. We will continue to strave to provide great service to you and all of our guests. Please let us know when you return to Macon, so that I can personnally thank you. Safe Travels
Huntsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

Don't pass this one up. This is a recently new Homewood Suites and we have stayed here three times. The rooms are clean, well stocked and beds very comfortable. The nicest thing is that they serve dinner and breakfast which is excellent. They only serve dinner Monday through Thursday. You can save approximately 40 dollars on food. Breakfast is not continental but a full hot breakfast which is served every day. It is in an excellent safe location. I really enjoy this hotel and can not wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites Macon-North? Share your experiences!