“A real Roach motel” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 66 Hotels in Macon
Cincinnati, Ohio
“A real Roach motel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

We stayed overnight on the way to Florida and should have walked out. It was 11:30pm so we didnt. Worst mistake...sheets were very worn, paper and coverings falling off the wall. in the morning DH found a bug in the shower. We went to breakfast and I decided not to eat anything. When I returned to the room to pack up a roach was walking across our laundry bag. We scooted out of there after shaking out all of our bags. When I checked out I told the desk clerk about it. She said - oh my goodness the manager will be here later if you want to call back and tell him.

Needless to say - will NOT be back. Do NOT recommend.

Room Tip: no room is a good room. Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Saint Johns, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2014

This is by far the worst Choice Hotel I have ever stayed at. I usually check the room before I book it but it was a Choice Hotel so I didn't. I will never rely on that again. My throat is itching as we speak because they must not have cleaned well after allowing a cat in the room. The room smells like cat. It has at least three patches on the walls that have not been painted. The furniture is dingy. The tv is old and has a line through the picture. Do NOT stay here. It is gross!

Stayed October 2014
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2014

Traveling with friends. We wanted a reasonable price and a room that looked nice.
I was very satisfied with our accommodations. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was large and clean. and very comfortable for the price. No sign of critter infestation during our 3 day stay. Breakfast had a decent selection, and the pool was crystal clear. We had no disturbances from other guests or passersby. All in all...Safe, clean, comfortable, affordable and conveniently located. I will definitely return. Thank you for making our trip more enjoyable!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Maryville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

This is a very clean hotel. The staff was wonderful and helpful. The breakfast was more than I expected for the price. It's well worth the money to stop here for a good nights restful sleep. I would deffinately stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Naples, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Tripadvisor shall have a category lower than "Terrible". This is the worst motel I have ever came across in my life. It was late at night and we were driving to Florida and wanted a clean and pet friendly place to crash. Since many Choice Hotels accepts pets, I booked this property on Choice Hotels mobile app. The rate was really low which triggered my instincts but I carried on and arrived at the property. I asked Front Desk if the area is safe and rooms are clean and the clerk assured me that their is nothing to be worried about. I requested a first floor room but as none was available with half empty parking lot, I was baffled. My wife checked in to the room with my son and 6 month old daughter first and turned on the heater and the room filled with smell of dust burning on the coil. Few minutes later, when I brought in the luggage, I was disgusted at first sight. Heater was broken, sheets were stained, bathroom was dingy and smelly. The whole thing just looked "wrong". I told my wife that we are leaving. I told her that we are not staying at this motel even if we get paid to stay there.

This place is a dump and a health and security hazard to the travelers and shall be closed down. Choice Hotels shame on you for such poor quality standards for your franchisee.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hilton Head, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

This was the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. I have know idea where the positive reviews come from. It's old, dirty and has tons of random traffic. I didn't feel safe and loud music played all night.
Please do not stay here! The sign says newly renovated but that's a lie. The free breakfast is only cereal and orange juice and the milk was warm.
It's not safe-do not stay here!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Macomb, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

This motel is the worst you may ever experience, unless you normally rent hotels by the hour. I would like to warn you of the misleading reviews that are constantly being posted by management to make the most recent visit's look acceptable.
Ask to see the room first!! The management has a policy of no refunds after the first 10 minutes past check-in!! This disclaimer is printed on your receipt!! What kind of hotel are you subjecting your family to if the receipt has a "no refund" policy after 10 minutes?
Read the favorable reviews carefully. You will notice poor spelling and syntax errors. Once you meet the owners (who can hardly speak English) it will all make sense. The owners are constantly opening new Yahoo accounts to leave favorable reviews. If you scroll back a few pages to see the bulk of reviews, it's pretty clear this hotel is one to avoid. The overall rating is 15%.
The management is not kind nor pleasant! The front desk will not acknowledge your existence after the room has been paid for and any formal complaints will be ignored. The free breakfast is kept in filthy plastic containers. You'll skip the free breakfast if you want to avoid becoming ill.
The entire facility is filthy and looks to be originally abandon. I cannot believe this hotel hasn't been condemned by the local authorities and torn down.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!