“I'll stay here next time.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #54 of 66 Hotels in Macon
Oxford, Mississippi
“I'll stay here next time.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My self and my wife and 6 band mates stayed here - we had 4 rooms they were all clean and comfortable - they breakfast area was very nice. THE STAFF was so kind and helpful - we were looking for some local restaurants and they gave us some pamphlets and other info. We were always greeted with a smile the 2 days we were there.

Very clean room, friendly staff, coffee makers in rooms, beds was very comfortable slept like a baby

We were greeted with a very friendly smile when we checked in, very courteous. That particular employee was very good in customer service, I think he said his name was "Quee"...But the motel must have some more things for continental breakfast. Anyway, me and my wife are very satisfied with the customer services and definitely go back again. I would recommend this hotel to any one who wants a nice place to stay and the pricing is very nice too.

• Stayed October 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in sep 13. From start to end the experience was great. The night clerk that checked us in wad great. The rooms were nice. I loved the beds, I fell a sleep soon as I fell in the bed. The breakfast had blueberry waffles which was awsome. Thanks econo lodge for a nice stay. We will be back

• Stayed September 2013
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I'm a frequent traveler and have stayed in some questionable motels in my life, but this one is the worst I have experienced. I was on a vacation with my family (and my extended family) and we required 3 rooms. This gave us a complete view of the hotel (simply saying that our experience was not limited to a single room - or a fluke - but rather it proved that there are major issues throughout this property). All of the rooms are "NON-Smoking Double Bed" rooms. They were priced at 47.99 each.

The check-in process was simple and quick, the front desk clerk was nice...it all went downhill from there. Here are the issues we experienced, by room:

Room 1:
Musty smell, smells like cigarette smoke.
Cigarette Ashes on bathroom floor (noticeable...not crushed...still in the "ring")
Candy wrappers on the floor of the room (not vacuumed)
A school annual, marriage license & notebook stuffed between the mattress (meaning the sheets were not changed...the housekeeping staff would have certainly noticed this as it was on the very edge). We requested new sheets (they didn't like that).
Something resembling vomit was all over the side of the night stand (dried)
Small drops of blood on the sheets

Room 2:
Air conditioner did not work - it had been unplugged. The plug was all blackened where it had been arcing (sparking).
As we entered the bathroom, the roaches ran all across the floor and finally settled in the baseboards.
Condom wrappers and other trash behind the nightstands and beds.
Sheets were dirty....
Moved to another room because of the roaches....this one had no roaches visible, but the AC unit leaked water all over the floor all night.

Room 3:
Same general problems as the previous rooms.
No bugs
Large, dark blood stain on the sheets (size of a baseball). Requested new sheets.

A few more notes:
The rooms look *nothing* like the pictures that are posted in the profile for this property. The furniture is old and rickety, held together by drywall screws. In one room, the fabric of the chair was mended with weed-eater cord.

Conclusion:
You may be wondering why we didn't just leave and go to another hotel. (Me too).
We were all tired (driving 3 cars - 11 of us total) and it was likely more dangerous for us to continue driving than to stay in this motel overnight (although my sinuses would argue - we all woke up feeling miserable due to the poor air quality).
We decided as a group it was safer to stay in this place than to fall asleep driving (although I did check all around near - no vacancies).

We didn't even think about trying their breakfast - we wanted to get the heck out of there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
North Palm Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have stayed here several times in May and June, 2013 and have been happy with the room each time.
I get a non-smoking room with a king sized bed and it is very comfortable. They advertise it as a "double pillow top" I believe and it is one of the more comfortable beds I have had on the road. My rooms have not had any smoke odor.
The sink and bathroom have always been clean.
There is a refrigerator and microwave in the room, though I have not used either. The furniture is a bit old or used looking, but the room is clean.
The breakfast has some juices and coffee and make your own waffles along with bagels, cereal and some other items. The breakfast room is clean and has a good amount of seating. I found the breakfast items to be fine.
There are some of what appear to be regulars staying there and I was worried about that at my first stay, but I have had no issues and it has been quiet at night when I have been there. I have always gotten a good nights sleep.
There is a pool, but I have not used it.
There are several good restaurants nearby.
I have found the front desk staff to be friendly and helpful each time.
This has become a regular stay for me on my trips out of southeast Florida and I will stay again. It is a good room and deal for an economy hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stopped at this hotel on our way north on I-75 from Florida. The room was updated and very comfortable. We didn't want to go as far as Atlanta so this was a great place to stop for the night. Breakfast was ok, cereal, muffins, hard boiled eggs. It was very clean off the road far enough that you didn't hear the interstate traffice. I would recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Buena Vista, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I previously worked in the Econo Lodge in Columbus Ga and we always believed in Customer Satisfaction along with the rooms being clean. The first room we were in the toilet wouldn't flush the Front Desk was nice to move us but only to a room with people being very noisey and slamming doors. We requested to be moved and then the room was not clean and smelled like Cigarette Smoke when we asked for a Non Smoking Room. We went to the Front Desk and was told there were no other rooms available. I requested to just get my money back but was told there was a 10 minute rule that after 10 minutes you couldn't get your money back. I was very dissatisfied and wouldn't never stay in the Motel ever again and wouldn't recommend it.
Also the beds felt like you were lying on a door very hard and uncomfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

The room was suppose to be non-smoking and had ashes everwhere and smelled, cob webs hanging from the ceilings, the room was next to stairs and there was constant foot traffic all night barely got any sleep, the place was very ghetto, loud noises, dirty an disgusting but then thats what I get for the money big waste of points. It obviouse management and cleaning crews does little to ensure a quality hotel

Room Tip: Its a "budget" place to stay just dont get a room near the stairs