“Would give over 5 stars if I could....” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 66 Hotels in Macon
Valdosta, Georgia
“Would give over 5 stars if I could....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stay in hotels throughout the southeast 3-4 nights per week. When I am anywhere near Macon - even if I am working near Atlanta - i make a point of staying at the Candlewood Suites in Macon. The staff is ALWAYS extremely friendly and knowledgeable about the area. The rooms are ALWAYS beyond clean; the times I have stayed here, it has been as if the rooms were being used for the first time. Very clean and comfortable. This hotel is the best value I have found in Macon. I would wholeheartedly recommend Candlewood Suites in Macon to anyone staying in the area, esp for an extended stay. The kitchenette and dishes are also always clean and ready to use. I can't say enough good about this hotel. Stay here, and I am sure you will agree.

Room Tip: The location lends itself to restful sleep on either side of hotel. First floor is most convenient...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Candlewood_Macon_GA, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Macon, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review of our hotel! We truly appreciate your kind review and are happy to hear that you consistently find our hotel to be clean and our staff to be friendly and knowledgeable. I will be sure to share your feedback with our team! Thank you again and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Shannon Smith & The Team at Candlewood Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had a great experience at this hotel. The property, the grounds, and the rooms were very well kept and clean, and the facility had just about everything one would want while away from home. The staff was also very friendly and helpful. I thought the accomodations were well worth the price paid for the room. I also appreciated the dog walk area in the back of the property. It was nice to be able to travel with my pet and to still be able to stay somewhere with such exceptional accomodations. The hotel was located near lots of other restaurants and shopping facilities which was also very convenient. Periodically, I have to travel to the area for business, and I most definitely will be staying here on my future trips to the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Candlewood_Macon_GA, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Macon, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor! We truly appreciate your feedback. I am very happy to hear that you were pleased with the hotel's cleanliness, amenities, and friendly staff. I will certainly be sure to pass along your kind remarks to our team! Also, it is great to hear that your dog enjoyed his/her visit. We love all of our guests, but we have a special place in our hearts for our "four-legged guests." We look forward to you staying with us again the next time you are in the area!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Spent the night here on my way to Tennessee from Florida.
As Soon as i entered the facility, Tressie and staff at the counter made us feel so welcome.The hotel was spotless clean and another nice feature is that it is set back from the main roadways.
The room was exceptionally clean and nice amenities,dishwasher,cooktop,microwave,full size fridge with ice maker.Nice large bathroom, nice lazyboy also.I checked the prices of other facilities before I reserved this room and none could match the 70.00 price.Highly recommend if you are looking for a place to stay for a night or longer in Macon

Room Tip: Ask for a room on third floor facing rear of building
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Candlewood_Macon_GA, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Macon, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor! We cannot tell you how much we appreciate you taking the time time to share your experience with others so that they can make informed decisions when they travel. I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to Tressy, our Operations Manager as well as to our housekeeping department. I am happy to hear that you found all of the amenities that our rooms offer to be a great value for the rate. That is important to us and we know it is important to our guests! I hope that you will come back and see us the next time you are traveling through Macon. Thanks again and we hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon!

Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

there is nothing i can say to fault this hotel we stayed for 3 weeks and were amazed at how nice a place it was to stay ... the manager did everything she could to make out stay awesome tressy deserves a huge pay rise nothing was to much trouble the other staff were amazing as well .the housekeeping staff were out of this world and did anything they could to help ....free use of laundry and dryers is a big plus and the onsite shop and gym are also top notch . the room has a brilliant bathroom and everything you need in the kitchen . being a smoker having a room that the window can open is a bonus other hotels dont have this .....and finally the biggest thing which may seem small being from scotland being understood in the states is hard but they accepted me with open arms i even got a hug when i was leaving .....in short i wish i was still there

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor! It means a lot to us to hear when our guests have a pleasant visit with us. I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to Tressy and our housekeeping department. Guests like you are why we love what we do! I hope that you will come back to visit us if you are ever back in the Macon area.

Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I have been travelling to the Macon/Forsyth area for several years for work. All of my time is usually spent in Forysth for training classes at GPSTC and I have always stayed in that area. During a search of the area for Hotels for Jan. 16-17, I came across Candlewood Suites. The web page was well done and it seemed like a good place to check out. At first I was a little turned off by the distance from GPSTC, which is not that much at all ( less than 20 minutes). That concern was quickly gone once I was on the property. The place was easy to find and it was located by numerous resturants (good ones at that) which was right off of the interstate. The lobby was very well kept and when I checked in, the front desk clerk (I wish I could remember her name) was polite and actually had my key and registration at the ready. The room I checked into was very nice and modern. The bed was comfortable to sleep in, which for me is not that easy to find. The commute to GPSTC went very smoothly and was able to get to training on time. I was pleastly surprised at the accomidations, the location, and the room rates were well within my price range, that includes a room with a full kitchen area. I will be staying at the Candlewood Suites when I have training in Forsyth. A very pleasant and comfortable stay. I recommend this hotel for any business traveler.
Matt P.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Candlewood Suites, Macon! We greatly appreciate you sharing your experience with others. I am happy to hear that you found the hotel to be worth the 15-20 minute drive to GPSTC, that the room's amenities met your needs, and that you found the bed to be comfortable. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience & we look forward to seeing you in the future when you have additional training at GPSTC!

Ellijay, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Cleanest place I've ever stayed. I have stayed in different hotels in Macon in my six years of attending the State Wrestling Duals and this one is by far the best. Staff was efficient, nice and genuinely accommodating. Quiet. Price was a little high, but I'd pay it again just for the cleanliness and the kitchen facilities.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Candlewood_Macon_GA, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Macon, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel! I will be passing along your kind comments regarding the staff and our hotel's cleanliness to our team. We know when you come to town that you have a choice, and we are so grateful that you chose to stay with us. We hope to see you again during your future trips to Macon.

Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This trip was very nice indeed for my sister and I, The hotel was just lovely the rooms are very well maintained and the staff is "excellent" here. They are all very nice and well manered here especially the housekeepers and the only thing you have to bring here is food if you like to cook. The kitchen is very nice and clean,and stocked with dishes,pots & pans and all you have to do is just "relax". This is most certainly the place me & my sister will be staying at again when we come back to Macon Ga this summer for sure. So I just wanted to say a great big thank you to "Tressie and all her staff for all of your hospitality and kindness.
Respectfully Ms Alfreda Smith & Ms Debby Hunt.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great from what I myself observed. On the floor that we were on.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! We truly appreciate you sharing your experience with others. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed all of the amenities that our rooms come stocked with (dishes, pots & pans, etc) and that you were able to relax! We truly look forward to you and your sister returning to visit us! We look forward to seeing you then.

Shannon Smith & The Team at Candlewood Suites

Been to Candlewood Suites Macon? Share your experiences!