“Our first time at a Candlewood and it won't be our last....” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #10 of 65 hotels in Macon
Macon
“Our first time at a Candlewood and it won't be our last....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I decide to get a room for my birthday weekend(Oct 26-28th). We had check with some other hotels in the Macon I-75 Riverside/Arkwright Rd area. We was not very dissatisfied with different things(ice machine dirty and not working, bed too small, shower too small, carpet dirty and noisy. I told my husband let try the Candlewood Macon because I had heard good comments from other travelers about them.
When we first arrived at the Candlewood, we was greeted by there front desk agent, Susie, whom was very helpful, polite, and friendly. We ask if their was any King sized bed available for the evening, but was told none was available, only queen beds. We asked Susie could we look at the room first, and she agreed. The room was made like a studio apartment(like for an extended stay) with two queen bed with a working stove, dishwasher, full sized fridge, dvd player and pots, and pan and utensils. We was so surprised!!! We the rate it couldn't be beat. The only problem, we had was tried turn on the water for a shower. It was tricking the first time, but my husband resolved it.
There is plenty of restaurants and fast food nearby ex, Burger King, Texas Roadhouse, Cheddar, and even, a Kroger, Publix and Kmart. We didn't have any issues with housekeeping or front desk, but everyone was very friendly and polite during check-out the next day.
Either those it was our first time at a Candlewood, it won't be our last.

Room Tip: "Rooms on the the third floor front side are quieter" "More healthy food choice in t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Candlewood_Macon_GA, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Macon, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Please let me express my appreciation to you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of our hotel. I am very happy to hear that after comparing our property to other hotels in the area, you decided to choose us! I am even happier to hear that your experience was a great one. It always brings a smile to our face when our guests find that they are getting a great value in the Candlewood Suites! I am also happy to hear that you found the location and nearby restaurants to be convenient. We hope that if you choose to stay in the Macon area again, you will choose to stay with us. Thank you again & we hope to see you soon!

110 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed one night in way to Georgia. I have stayed at another Candlewood in Brentwood that was nice as well. This one looked fairly new. The rooms were small but clean. Shower head was good (sounds weird but a trickle shower head can make a shower a challenge.) the area is nice also. Plenty of fast food and restaurants nearby. Kmart, etc.. Definitely recommend for a short stay, longer than a week you would want a larger room. Had no issues for staff to resolve,but the front desk clerk was friendly. Slept on first floor near lobby but had no issues with noise.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Candlewood_Macon_GA, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Macon, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel! I am happy to hear that you found the location to be convenient. We love being located so close to so many of Macon's shops and restaurants! I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thanks again and we hope to see you again the next time you are traveling through Macon!

Neutral Bay, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

This was our first time at a Candlewood Suites, we were travelling from Atlanta to Savannah and decided to stop halfway.
There were plenty of food options around the hotel and it was in a good location not far from the Freeway.
The rooms were decent and like a small apartment they would be quite good for an extended stay. The one thing I missed was free breakfast that you get at other chains but I suppose if you were staying there for an extended period you would grab supplies.
The only gripe I have is that the bed was a double bed, after staying in hotels all over the US where the beds are King and at home we have a Queen this was a bit difficult.
For that reason alone I probably wouldn't return however if that doesn't bother you then this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We appreciate you taking the time to share that you found our hotel to be in a great location close to the highway and that you found all the restaurants nearby to be convenient. I am very sorry to hear that the bed in your room did not meet your expectations. In addition to our Double Suites, we have Queen and King Suites available. Should you choose to stay with us again, please notify our front desk associates of your room/bed preference and we will gladly accommodate your request! Thank you again for your review. We truly appreciate your feedback & hope that you will give us a chance to be of service to you in the future.

Aiken, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I attended the Ocmulgee Indian Celebration last weekend and booked a one night stay at Candlewood Suites based on TripAdvisor reviews. The room and hotel were very clean. The rate couldn't be beat. My only wish is that there were more healthy breakfast items in the "store"...it appeared their stock was running low. And, the "gentleman" across the hall forgot to use his "inside voice" at 4 a.m. Of course, this was not the hotel's fault. The staff couldn't have nicer. I would stay there again without reservation (although reservations are recommended...lol!).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Candlewood_Macon_GA, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Macon, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit! We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us on TripAdvisor and are pleased to hear that your overall experience was positive. I am sorry to hear that the Candlewood Cupboard was not up to your expectations during your visit, but please be assured that typically the Candlewood Cupboard includes fresh fruit in addition to other healthy items such as nutrigrain bars, yogurt, and granola bars. We will certainly make note of it being understocked and use your feedback as an opportunity to improve. I hope that you will consider using us again during your next visit to Macon.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

1st time staying at Candlewood Suites. I would definitely try them again. The staff was friendly and efficient and it was close to a lot. Of restaurants. Easy access from highway. Room was very cean and beds very comfortable. They do not have breakfast. They offer a great AAA rate. I highly recomend this property.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for taking time to note some of the highlights of our hotel on TripAdvisor. We feel very fortunate to be located within such close proximity to so many great shops and restaurants in addition to being so convenient to I-75. I am glad to hear that these things all made your stay more enjoyble and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others.

We hope to see you again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I made one phone call and the price was excellent and the manager was upfront and gave me one of the best rooms and rates available. I told her i was a 1st timer and they made me feel at home. The location is extremely close to any upscale restaurant. Also there are movie rentals upfront with an available gm for the health nuts
JF

• Stayed August 2012
Thank your for your kind review of our hotel! I am very happy to hear that you were made to feel at home. Also, I am pleased to hear you enjoyed using our "Lending Library" where we have books and DVDs available for our guest's entertainment during their stay. We hope to see you again the next time you are visiting or traveling through Macon!

Shannon & The Team at Candlewood Suites
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Our stay started out a little bit rocky- first room had a roach as we walked in, second room the door could be pushed open even when locked. They quickly changed us to our third room where we had a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I truly apologize for the issues that you encountered during your stay with us. We certainly try our best to avoid cleanliness & maintenance issues and are thankful for guests such as yourself who provide us with honest and constructive feedback so that we can improve and perform at our best. I am happy to hear that the rest of your stay was enjoyable and hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Shannon Smith & The Team at Candlewood Suites Macon

Been to Candlewood Suites Macon? Share your experiences!