“The Best Hotel I have EVER went to in my life!!!! :)” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 66 Hotels in Macon
Albany, Georgia
“The Best Hotel I have EVER went to in my life!!!! :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for the first time. It was the cleanest hotel I have ever been to. The staff is the kindest people you will meet. They welcome you like you are royal. The room was clean and big. They had all kinds of kitchen items and food in the room awaiting for me. I also had a good good night sleep without any noise. I will definitely stay here again. I have been to all types of hotels, but have chosen this one the best so far. I recommend it to anyone that is traveling to Macon. Please take my advice and check it out!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Candlewood_Macon_GA, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Macon, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel! I am very happy to hear about your positive experience and will be sure to pass along your kind remarks to my team. We are thankful you chose to stay with us & look forward to seeing you again then next time you travel to the Macon area. Thanks again, Shannon Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

We spent last weekend at the Candlewood suites for a wedding. As a family of 5 the room was a little small but worked out fine. I loved the full fridge and stove top for food. We visited in March and the pool was already open. My kids were so excited. The pool and picnic area was super nice...but they best part was the office brought out a bag of pool toys for my kids and Popsicle. It is very rare to find that kind of customer service...we will be back!

Room Tip: you can hear the people walking above you so if you plan on sleeping in then I would get a 3rd floor...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Hello,

Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel! It is wonderful to hear that your family enjoyed their stay. I will be sure to pass along your review to my other team members- they will love hearing about your experience. We look forward to seeing you & your family the next time you are traveling through/visiting the Macon area. Sincerely, Shannon
Savannah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I travel all over the southeast and I stay for a week at a time. I love the Candlewood in Macon because of quality of rooms, plus the location is perfect for an extended stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear David P,

Thank you very much for your review on our Candlewood Suites. We are thrilled to receive your positive feedback & look forward to having you stay with us again soon. Sincerely, Shannon
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean. After calling down to the desk to inquire about my shower after I had come in for the night I was told to simple press on the faucet flow to cause the diverter to start the shower working. In the morning I attempted several times to make the shower work and finally resorted to washing my hair under the faucet and taking a water pitcher to rinse off. When I checked out a couple of hours later I reported the problem to the front desk and advised them it needed to be fixed. At first he apologized and said I should have called. I told him I did last night to inquire and I, having just gotten up just wanted to get cleaned up and leave. I also stated that no amount of pressing, pushing or pulling turned the shower on. Here is the problem ~ He says in, an attempt at poor humor and slight attitude. “I should have tried jiggling it more. “ I looked at him and told him he needed to get someone up there and get it fixed and left. I was dealing with the situation just fine until that dumb comment. I believe I have an IQ higher than 2 and do not need to be patronized. Not a smart thing to do when working with the public but that’s just my opinion.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Candlewood_Macon_GA, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Macon, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
Dear GA Traveler,

Please let me begin by thanking you for staying at Candlewood Suites. We truly appreciate your business! I cannot tell you how disheartened we were to hear about your experience with the shower and the poor manner in which you were treated. We have addressed this issue with our staff, as well as the issue with the shower, to ensure that this does not happen again. Thank you for your review and honest feedback of our hotel- we will use it as an opportunity to improve & we hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in Macon.
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times and absolutely love it. The staff quickly learn guest's names and use it. They frequently ask about your day, if your room is satisfactory, etc.
There have been a few times I accidently left something in my room, and when I call to inquire about it, they will put it aside and save the item for me the next time I'm there.
The staff is also wonderful about making you feel right at home. They encourage the guest to feel just like they are.
I honestly can't say enough about this lovely hotel!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Candlewood_Macon_GA, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Macon, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We love what we do, but we love it even more when our guests have a great experience. Thank you again for your nice feedback- I will be sure to share it with my team. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Macon. ~Shannon
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

I stayed here on business as it was one of the hotels recommended by the conference. It's a great hotel but has no breakfast and is a little drive to downtown or the convention center.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Candlewood_Macon_GA, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Macon, responded to this review, February 13, 2012
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you staying with us and hope that you will do so again the next time you visit Macon. Thank you again for your review & we hope to see you soon!
Valdosta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I stay here at least two nights a week for business and have done so for two years.

They do learn your name and they do go out of their way to help you. I've seen staff actually walking a dog for a long term guest who had to be out of town that day. They know I'm absent minded and I often come back next week to find something left for me on the front desk that I left behind last time.

The place is clean and well kept. Doug does a good job of keeping up with any maintenance issues. I have stayed in all kinds of rooms in this hotel and rarely have I hit on a problem.

Do note that this location has many contractors and blue collar workers -- salt of the earth guys who don't cause anyone any kind of trouble. If you are snooty, maybe you best move on down the road.

Room Tip: I love the king size suites
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review of Candlewood Suites! Our staff always looks forward to your visits. It is wonderful guests like you that make our jobs so enjoyable. Thank you again for your feedback!

Been to Candlewood Suites Macon? Share your experiences!