“OK, but nothing special..” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Macon North

You added Holiday Inn Macon North to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Macon North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3953 Riverplace Drive, Opened June, 2010, Macon, GA 31210   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #29 of 66 Hotels in Macon
Chicago, Illinois
“OK, but nothing special..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

A few things surprised us: 1) no carpets in the room made it feel cold and commercial, also added to noise; 2) our room faced the railroad tracks, kept waking me up throughout the night with several noisy trains going by; 3) beds and sink bowl way too high, need to be a tall one here. The staff was fine and overall common areas were OK.. No free breakfast here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the rail tracks!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

This place was just disgusting. There was some kind of white powder puffing up thru the floor, it looked like they spread talcom powder everywhere. Maybe it was mixed with the powder to kill all of the nasty bugs. We registered as a family of 6. They gave us 4 towels. We had to wait 3 hours for 2 more towels. No linens for the pull out bed. They knew in advance 6 people (2adult + 3 kids) were staying there. Another 2 hour wait for linens. There were bugs all over our room, dead ladybugs everywhere. In the ceiling above the pool there were piles of dead bugs. There were pubic hairs on the toilet, the "new" tiles in the bathroom were laid improperly and the grout was crumbling. The train kept us up all night, it ran right along the back of the building 50 feet away. A commuter train that runs every hour. This was one of the most disgusting hotels we've ever stayed in. Clearly the management doesn't give a crap.
Holiday in should be ashamed to have this in their chain. We stayed here on the recommendation of friends who stayed hear 2 years ago on their drive down to Disney. Evidently 2 years later this hotel has increased the gross factor 10 fold. Save yourself the misery and stay somewhere else. Shame on you Holiday Inn.

Stayed March 2014
rahul1311, General Manager at Holiday Inn Macon North, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for your time in filling out this survey for recent stay at Holiday Inn Macon North. Your comments are very important to us. My entire team at this hotel has been shared your concern. We are extremely apologetic for not providing you the best of our product during recent stay. We will work hard and address all of your concerns to ensure they do not repeat again.
My team really appreciate if we could be given another opportunity to show better side of our product when visiting Macon again. We will be committed not to let you down.
Warm Regards
cruisecrazy4
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

This was a beautiful hotel. A few issues though. No carpet in the rooms is really nice, but it definately ads to the noise coming from the neighbors room (TV, radio, singing)

The restaurant leaves a WHOLE lot to be desired. Waited an hour and a half for a sirloin salad. the girl had never waited tables before( thats what she told me) Breakfast the first day was awwful, better the 2nd.

It was a gorgeous hotel though. Bed was comfortable, Pool was nice.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
rahul1311, General Manager at Holiday Inn Macon North, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the response on Trip Advisor for recent stay at Holiday Inn Macon North. I would like to thank you for all the positive said by you for the recent stay. I would also like to take this opportunity and apologize for not meeting your expectations during Breakfast hours. Your comments are very important to us. We will definitely look into this matter and add some more value to Breakfast as suggested by you.
We appreciate your business and look forward to serve again in near future.
Warm Regards!
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

My family and I stayed here one night on our way up to Atlanta. It was a great stop over to break up the trip. The rooms were spacious enough for my family of 6. The staff had to bring us extras of several items. Good deal for the money spent for the night. Would recommend.

Stayed March 2014
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for taking time in filling out this survey when recently staying at Holiday Inn Macon North. We are glad to hear that you had enjoyed every aspect of product and Southern Hospitality. We always strive as a team for success and make every guest stay a memorable stay. We appreciate your business and look forward to serve again when passing through Macon.
Newnan, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I was in town to assist my mother with final arrangements for her sister who was in critical condition at MCCG. My husband booked everything with his Hilton points for an original one night stay. After a long day at the hospital, I checked in around 5pm. Fabulous location, very east to find, and right across from Mercer stadium. I felt very safe & secure. Lovely lobby area, cheery, inviting, complete with small bar & restaurant. Amy checked me in and she was an absolute delight. I can't stress enough how important this was to me after an afternoon of discussing funeral arrangements. The room was immaculately clean, very comfortable & I was pleased. The bedding was heaven. At the last minute, I needed to make another night's stay. Amy verified there was room the night before just in case, so on day 2 I called the front desk to make those arrangements early that morning. I was online booking to use my points, and called to the desk because it appeared I would have to switch rooms. All was well, Ms B assisted me & said she saw I was using points and she'd take care of everything from there.
I changed rooms and went on with my trip. The breakfast is made to order, and it was amazing. The service was cheery, people were smiling, polite--a total pleasant and perfect experience & stay. I would highly recommend this property. The one and only negative resulted when I received my bill for night 2 and saw I was billed in full instead of using my points like I had pre-arranged. It turns out there was a misunderstanding with Ms B, which is fine, it happens, life goes on. The problem is when I called down to inquire, Ms B was immediately combative & explosive, beyond inappropriate responses. In fact, after her tongue lashing was complete, she tried to hang up in my face. I asked for a manager which she informed me there 'wasn't one there, maybe I should call Hilton because she's done with this issue'. Ok, Ms B, your point was well taken. I have never been addressed in that manner, and I was on fire angry. Perhaps the General Manager will help Ms B with proper training in dealing with very minor misunderstandings for the future. I am still waiting for that manager to follow up with me regarding this situation. Not so much as a peep from anyone yet.
I was so thankful that my stay was so lovely until this point. It happened at checkout, and even though it left a bad taste in my mouth, I won't let it overshadow the efforts of the other team members here that worked so hard to make my stay so very pleasant in a time of bereavement.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for taking time in filling out this survey when recently staying with us. Your comments are very valuable to us. The entire team at our hotel is extremely apologetic for billing concern when staying with us. This has opened up an opportunity as a great learning tool for our team members and making them every guest stay a memorable one. We again apologize and hope to be given another opportunity to serve in near future. Thank you for the business.
Marietta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Our stay was very nice. The hotel was very clean and peaceful. Its sits far enough back from I 75 to not hear trucks every second. The location is excellent, Close to many restaurants , even walking distance.. The staff was very friendly and overall i would stay again . It also was a good value for the money. We enjoyed our weekend very much at the Holiday Inn. I really liked the key to get on the elevator for added security.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
rahul1311, General Manager at Holiday Inn Macon North, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for taking time in filling out this survey when recently staying at Holiday Inn Macon North. Our entire team is thrilled to hear your feedback. Guest safety is one of our primary concern when staying at our hotel. Thats why we added feature of guest room key operable elevators to ensure only registered guest or hotel team members have access to all guest floors. We appreciate your loyalty in Holiday Inn and look forward to serve again with Southern Hospitality!!! :)
Los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Stayed here for the Macon Film Festival. Very good value. Close to many fast food restaurants and gas stations. Location is perfect.

Only problem: No wash cloths in our room. Nit-picky, I know.

Lots of breakfast options for free.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
rahul1311, General Manager at Holiday Inn Macon North, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Valuable Guest, Thank you for taking time in filling out this survey when recently staying at Holiday Inn Macon North. Our entire team is thrilled to hear your feedback. I would also like to take this moment and apologise for an honest ignorance of not supplying enough eash cloth in your room. We appreciate your loyalty in Holiday Inn and look forward to serve again with Southern Hospitality!!!

Been to Holiday Inn Macon North? Share your experiences!