“Loved it” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Macon North

You added Holiday Inn Macon North to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Macon North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3953 Riverplace Drive, Opened June, 2010, Macon, GA 31210   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #28 of 66 Hotels in Macon
Macon, Georgia
“Loved it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This hotel was perfect for my husband and me to escape for some rare alone time to celebrate our anniversary. I'm a local, so I had the advantage of scouting out hotels in the area and was glad I chose the Holiday Inn. The room was quaint and clean with wooden laminate floors and a comfy bed. There's a nice, heated indoor pool, and best of all, happy hour from 5-6 p.m. - all you drink for $2.99! Lots of restaurants in view- Carrabbas, Logans, Outback. It's true that there is a train track nearby. But I requested a room at the top floor front side and slept soundly. We'll be visiting again on our next anniversary!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Alpharetta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Frequent loud long train. I was not warned. I was only an hour and half from home but stopped because I needed sleep.. Just sleep.. And it was impossible

The front desk lady at check in was very friendly. The hotel itself was clean and comfortable.

I would rather pay twice as much and get the basic needs!

• Stayed December 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

The hotel looks great upon entering,,,Holiday Inn has done a great job updating their overall look. However,once we were inside our room, there were a few things that were unacceptable. The toilet in our room was stopped up by a previous guest..YUK, the maintenance man had to come up to our room and unstop it before we could get settled after a long car trip with kids. The other issue with our room was that there were paper spit balls on the wall above our bed. Also, while the "wood" floors in the room are a good idea, they were sticky and you had to walk around in your shoes or socks. Also, the front desk charged our credit card twice..once for our room and once for another guest's room...we had to call the credit card company and dispute the charge which was a pain. Would not recommend.

Room Tip: do not stay facing the back of the hotel, there are trains that run all day and night right behind t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed here for the first time. The hotel common areas were in good condition. My room had cracked (and sharp) tile at the shower entrance and the blackout curtains were partially torn from the top hooks. I probably would have called the front desk about this but the fellow who checked me in was beyond rude and I was just too road weary to deal with him twice. The other issue - and this is only temporary - there is a road construction project in progress that makes it difficult to get around the area during high traffic times.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Flowery Branch, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed here for four days this week and found the place average. Rooms were clean and comfortable though very narrow. Luckily, we had a room facing the front street or the trains would have been even more disturbing. As it was they werent too bad. There were allot of them all night and I felt bad for the folks in the back. The biggest complaint I have is that the lounge area is only open for 8 hours of the day. 6-10 for breakfast and 6-10 for dinner. Thuis includes the bar which ticked me off on Monday and Thursday for the nights NFL games. Drinking with fellow fans at a bar is fun especially when your on the road and dont know anybody. You dont want to go out to a bar and drink then drive so the hotel bar is where I prefer to do my drinking. This 10PM closing stinks and I expressed my disappointment to the bartender. Never ate there as the menu wasnt very impressive. Had an indoor pool and exersize area but didnt use those either. I would have used the pool had it been outside and sunny. Sun was very cooperative but the pool wasnt. If I go back I will stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Stay in the front of the hotel or the trains will drive you crazy!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I came into Macon for a weekend visit, and after reviewing a few hotels I chose the Holiday Inn because people said it was new and that the upkeep was good. I also read the poor reviews in which most people claimed the noise was too loud from the trains. So being proactive, the day of my check-in I called for a room AWAY from the train tracks and the front desk personnel was very helpful.

So I thought I was in for a nice treat...

Let me first say this is a beautiful Holiday Inn...I mean, the best one I've ever seen...and the front desk staff seem pretty friendly. Oh seeing there isn't a lot to do in Macon, I'm so glad they had a lot of HD TV Networks to choose from. And that's where it pretty much ends for me when it come to kudos.

After settling into my room, I wanted to freshen up and to my surprise the pipes made a LOUD noise from the bathroom sink EVERY TIME you turned on the water. The rooms must not be insulated because we could hear the people above us and next to us all day & night. There was a constant noise (non-sink related) that kept going on throughout the night that kept my girlfriend up, so the peace & quiet I thought we were going to get staying away from the trains was voided by the constant noises from the room.

I've personally stayed in better hotels for less money...but I guess this is Macon and at the end of the day, this is a Holiday Inn. So unless you plan on staying with family, this is probably your best option. Sad, but true!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Macon North, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear mdtravel_10,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Macon North as your hotel preference. I am pleased that you liked our hotel feature, the HD TV networks as well as our friendly front office staff. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience the loud noise in your room may have caused. We try our best to ensure all guests have a great stay and undisturbed sleep. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Harrison, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

I worked for Holiday Inn in Kansas city several years ago at their only boutique hotel at the time. Minus the champagne upon checkin, this place was almost the same place. Very estitiquely pleasing. Staff was superb. Front desk man Charles was accomodating above the call of duty! Would definetly recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Holiday Inn Macon North? Share your experiences!