“Great place to eat, and fine atmosphere. GKood service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
macon,ga
“Great place to eat, and fine atmosphere. GKood service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Know of no better place in Macon to go for lunch great burgers, my personal favorite is the Dr. John burger. The service is always good and the beer is cold.Had lunch there last Saturday with friends and everyone enjoyed the experience. We had to wait about 10 minutes to be seated as the Rookery is quite popular. Worth the wait. Our server was named Rebecca and she was excellent. She checked on us frequently and always maintained a smile. One of my friends that ate with us said that their milk shakes are truly good. Look forward to my next visit. Only problem with going to the Rookery is there may be a parking problem.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Macon, Georgia
“Great burgers and fries”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

The restaurant is always busy and crowded, but a fun place to eat. Get the homemade battered fries!! They remind me of the fries my mom always made. The burgers are delicious as well.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Holualoa, Hawaii
“Best burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

The Rookery serves a variety of burgers. The classic burger was very good, and my friend had the Jimmy Carter, which she loved. My friend said the cherry milkshake was quite nice, and I had a Mexican Coke, made in Mexico with good old cane sugar. It tasted like the Cokes of my childhood!

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
georgia
“Go here for lunch! You will be glad you did!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

My husband and I had an appointment in downtown Macon on a weekday. We were hungry and looking for something fast. The Rookery has been around forever but we haven't eaten there in years. We stopped in and noticed it was crowded but we were seated right away. The server took our orders quickly and the food was out in no time. My husband had the Monte Cristo which he said was excellent. I had the green tomato BLT and it was great as well. Our water glasses were kept filled at all times. The lunch was tasty and fast. The decor and atmosphere is getting a little worn and shabby. But, hey, this is a college town and this has long been a college hangout so it shows it a bit. We will be back! The food was THAT good!

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Macon, Georgia
“They don't need your business”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

I go there occasionally and the food is OK, but the staff is never very accommodating. Recently, went there and sat down at a sidewalk table. After a few minutes was informed (brusquely) that I would have to be seated by inside hostess AND that they didn't have drink service outside, meaning that if I wanted a beer, I would have to go inside to the bar and get it myself. My friend and I got up and left.
They don't handle groups larger than six well, and if you have more than eight in your group, you'll be sitting at different tables.

Visited March 2014