“Best Hamburgers, Onion Rings, and Shakes” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Cincinnati
“Best Hamburgers, Onion Rings, and Shakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

My family loved this restaurant! We stopped for a late lunch on our trip home from the Georgia shore, and what a wonderful way to wrap up a vacation. The burgers, shakes, onion rings and fries were absolutely delicious - my husband said that this is the best burger he's enjoyed in a very long time. My mom had a star-shaped apple pie for lunch and said it was very, very good. Our 18 to 24 year old contingent were crazy about it. The service was was excellent and the atmosphere was comfortable. If it weren't 8 hours away, we already would have returned.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Poor custoner service, average overpriced food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We arrived on Sunday for a early dinner. We figured we would beat the crowd. There were roughly 20-25 ppl in the restuarant. We were seated upstairs and sat there for 20 minutes without service I had to come downstairs to let the waitress know we were up there. So she offered us a table downstairs we moved our party down to the main floor. We did finally get service, however it was slow, all of the food came out sporadically so some of us were almost done eating before others received there food. The burgers were good, not great but good. Some plates had an average portion of fries while others only got a few scraggly fries. It seems like portion standards don't exist. We also ordered milkshakes as they seemed to be a specialty here. They came out and to our disappointment they were really thin and almost watered down, not what we expected. Based off of the poor customer service and the average tasting overpriced food I won't be revisiting the Rookery anytime soon.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“I'll be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Visited with work partners during business trip in Macon. When I have time to bring my family, we'll make the two-hour drive from Columbus for a Rookery burger. Absolutely the most delicious burger I've ever eaten in a restaurant. I had the day's special, which had an onion and pepper filling cooked inside the burger, topped with bleu cheese and bacon. Highly recommended and great value.

• Visited June 2013
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We looked up restaurants in Macon while we travled back to Florida. The food was delicious, and the had great sweet tea. The honemade chips were so good we got an order to go. Roast beef was incredible and so were the mashed potatoes. Great value too. 3 people for less than 40 dollars.

“We'll be back again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We had a table of 6. Order drinks appetizers & burgers. They were helpful with a gluten free member of our party. Only down side I got chips when I wanted fries but they still tasted good! Over all loved this place & I would def. go back!