“lovely food a bit pricey though” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian, Balti
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
england
“lovely food a bit pricey though”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I've tried a few curry houses with my partner and even though I don't like spicey food it has to be tasty, we went on nye so it was quite full, the service was slow but that was expected as they were full, I had the butter chicken which was very tasty and my partner had a mixed platter, he thought it was very nice but we both agree that the prices were the highest we've ever paid at an Indian, we will be going back tho especially to try the specials night

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Welcomes children.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I have attended several times with just myself and my (almost) teenage children. Was not made to hide in a corner and waiters were attentive but not intrusive.
My offspring much prefer the food here to Akbar's.
Have always attended early evening though, so has been fairly quiet.
Have also been for a meal with a friend who is Indian. She thought the food was excellent also, and the "spicing" just about right for authenticity.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
yorkshire
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Peaple who are not happy here are silly great food great price great staff. well done. if you go on a wednesday or sunday its £10 for a pickle tray a starter a main and a coffe or tea. its not a fast food place so have a drink chill. we go for a meal and enjoy the night not 30 mins.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield
“Not great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I was not impressed with the food - the menu had very little choice for vegetarians, and when it arrived seemed to have been created from frozen mixed veg. We were with a large party, and the food took so long to arrive to our table that the rest of our party had finished before we received ours. We arrived at 7.30 and did not receive our meal until 9.45. Unacceptable. Would not eat here again.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Swinton, United Kingdom
“Will go back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Excellent meal on a Sunday night to celebrate step sons graduation - deal is very much vfm (also on Wednesday night), Atmosphere very good - menu extensive and food was superb. Will return regardless of whether on the night of the deal - perhaps we'll try Friday or Saturday to see if atmosphere is just as good. Need to remember for the deal on Sunday and Wednesday you have to pay cash £10 per head or they impose a surcharge of £3 per head if you pay by card. Four of us ate for £40 (I nipped out to the cash machine and saved £12)

• Visited November 2012