What a brilliant setting, so clean and pristine, which is not something you always find in PNG.
The service was personal from the owners and the staff, we were made to feel comfortable and at home. Read their web page what they offer is very honestly laid out there.
It is not 5 star and doesn't claim to be, but it is beautiful and unique.
It is an ideal island getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine a small tropical island covered in palm trees, surrounded by a white sandy beach, a beautiful house reef and some of the best diving, snorkeling and surfing in the world. Lissenung Island is located just a 20-minute boat ride from the airport in Kavieng, New Ireland Province. Nestled amongst natural surrounds traditionally-built bungalows accommodate a maximum of 14 guests. Forget your high heels, suits and ties; barefoot, tropical attire is our dress code. The open sided restaurant is where local and international cuisine is served, with local seafood featuring high. Breakfast, lunch & dinner are included in the rates, which are per person. At Lissenung Island Resort, personal service is guaranteed and a visit here is truly exclusive! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Lissenung Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lissenung Island Hotel Kavieng
- Lissenung Island Resort Papua New Guinea/Kavieng