“Horrible restaurant” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Grandvrio Resort Saipan

You added Grandvrio Resort Saipan to your Saves list
Grandvrio Resort Saipan
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   PO Box 500338, Garapan 96950, Mariana Islands (Formerly Hafa Adai Beach Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Garapan
Saipan, Mariana Islands
“Horrible restaurant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

What a waste of a restaurant! The Dolphin restaurant used to be awesome for their views, good service and the food was improving over the years until this passed Sunday when we went for brunch.

How could anyone miss these huge pieces of egg shells... on three different dishes! The food also got cold fast and most were bland (tasteless).

That wasn't the worse part, when I brought it to their attention, no management personnel wanted to confront me to simply apologize or make things right. The server told the head chef and the hotel manager who just so happen to be eating there too, but no one came to talk to me. The server was simply told to tell me that he'll talk to the staff. Either these people are arrogant or just plain careless about the service and product they provide. I didn't care to speak to them, but that is the professional thing to do.

The owners should look into these complaints before this manager runs this hotel into the ground. All the security concerns and now health and service concerns at the restaurant. I thought Japanese management was suppose to be superior, guess not these people there now.

Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Korean first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I lost my valuables including my passport when the police officers wanted to see the security camera the manager tilde us the cameras in the whil hotel were not on!!!! Imagin if some one get killed, they can even find the murderer!!! Horrible hotel ever!!!!!!!!!!!! Do not come for ur safety

• Stayed July 2013

Travelers are raving about these Garapan hotels

Saipan, Mariana Islands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had one of my dive customers staying at the Hafa Adai Beach Hotel. In spite of my warning my customer not to bring his bag to the dive location, because there is no security guard there and break-ins are a big problem there, he brought his bag anyway. His room key was in the bag. Hafa Adai Beach Hotel still has the old fashioned keys with their name and room number on each key. The thief took his room key and went to his room and stole his bag containing his Chinese passport, wallet and other valuables. I couldn't believe that Hafa Adai Beach Hotel was so out of touch with security that they still have this type of key, talk about not protecting your customers or thinking of their safety!

Then when we called the police and filed a report, we asked them if they could look at the surveillance cameras and see if the thief could be identified. They told us that the hotel does not allow the police to view the camera footage, that only their own security guards can view the footage. And then the guards have to get clearance from the hotel manager, which can take 2 days. Absolutely unbelievable. If you value your belongings and privacy, this is not the hotel for you!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Tokyo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed in the older section. We didn't enjoy below
- you need 4 quarters/ day to keep safety box worked. it will resetted every noon.
- the rooms has some significant smell. I suppose it come from oldness.
- shower does not have enough power. perhaps the island does not have enough water supply!

I must note that there were some good points as below:
- you can enjoy good view from the room.
- good-old music live on Saturday night.

Room Tip: choose the newer side!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hanoi, Vietnam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We went back in February and stayed in the main building. Our room was cheap and mould-smelling but it was clean and everything was in working order. The room was on the 4th floor and had a beautiful view of the sea and beach!! The hotel also has two towers added on (Crystal and Taga Tower) which are much more modern and 'executive' if you can afford to splash out.
The hotel is in a great area close to restaurants, a department store and convenience stores.
The hotel's pool was great and has a somewhat decent private beach (too many ants though!!). On most nights the hotel hosts a bbq though as it's at the poolside it doesn't have a particularly romantic view.

Room Tip: Choose to stay in Taga Tower or Crystal Tower, and of course the higher up the room, the better the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
saipan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed in Hafadai Taga Tower Suite!..3 years ago and is very good room of course i have learn from the past years i experience in ordinary rooms is somekind of sacks! and really needs to upgrades! But since i've try to stayed in the suites WOW! is a high life is a over looking towards
to far in the ocean and the facility is complete huge room,We my family and kidz together we injoy during our stay,The Dolphine Restaurants is good from lunch to dinner and the service is good ,The Mall is right there across the street Duty Free , Restuarants and convenients stores are closed,and is very easy to us to access anywhere so during our stay in Hafadai Taga Tower
Saipan is Another experience together with my whole family,I wish to stay again next time in Taga Tower.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

We stayed in Hafadai in 2008, with our 3-year-old child.
When we saw the room, it was damp and smelly, and when we booked (through the travel agency), we told them that we didn't want a high room as my husband had a vertigo but it was very high. We immediately called the reception, then they gave us another key, which was a few floor down and it was not smelly. They told us that they were in the middle of re-painting the walls etc. The bathroom was clean, the bed was cleaned every day, so we have no complaints after given a new room.

The pool was good and warm so we mostly enjoyed being in the pool, rather than in the sea, especially our child loved it.
They have a few restaurant. We had a buffet meal and breakfast. They were ok. I thought the breakfast was slightly expensive but we didn't care much, after all, it was our holiday. There was a supermarket right next to the hotel and Duty Free Shop and Hard Rock Cafe in front. We stayed in Hafadai for 4 nights. We slept well. I can recommend this hotel to other families. I wish their massage/beauty services had been a little bit cheaper, then I would have done it. I had to go downstairs and near the reception to get internet (wifi) access... I wish they had free wifi more widely throughout the hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garapan
Kanoa Resort Saipan
Century Hotel
Century Hotel
#9 of 29 in Saipan
3.5 of 5 stars 39 reviews

Been to Grandvrio Resort Saipan? Share your experiences!