“Taga Tower is Great Location!...” 5 of 5 stars

Hafadai Beach Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   PO Box 500338, Garapan 96950, Mariana Islands   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Garapan
saipan
“Taga Tower is Great Location!...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed in Hafadai Taga Tower Suite!..3 years ago and is very good room of course i have learn from the past years i experience in ordinary rooms is somekind of sacks! and really needs to upgrades! But since i've try to stayed in the suites WOW! is a high life is a over looking towards
to far in the ocean and the facility is complete huge room,We my family and kidz together we injoy during our stay,The Dolphine Restaurants is good from lunch to dinner and the service is good ,The Mall is right there across the street Duty Free , Restuarants and convenients stores are closed,and is very easy to us to access anywhere so during our stay in Hafadai Taga Tower
Saipan is Another experience together with my whole family,I wish to stay again next time in Taga Tower.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Korean first
Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

We stayed in Hafadai in 2008, with our 3-year-old child.
When we saw the room, it was damp and smelly, and when we booked (through the travel agency), we told them that we didn't want a high room as my husband had a vertigo but it was very high. We immediately called the reception, then they gave us another key, which was a few floor down and it was not smelly. They told us that they were in the middle of re-painting the walls etc. The bathroom was clean, the bed was cleaned every day, so we have no complaints after given a new room.

The pool was good and warm so we mostly enjoyed being in the pool, rather than in the sea, especially our child loved it.
They have a few restaurant. We had a buffet meal and breakfast. They were ok. I thought the breakfast was slightly expensive but we didn't care much, after all, it was our holiday. There was a supermarket right next to the hotel and Duty Free Shop and Hard Rock Cafe in front. We stayed in Hafadai for 4 nights. We slept well. I can recommend this hotel to other families. I wish their massage/beauty services had been a little bit cheaper, then I would have done it. I had to go downstairs and near the reception to get internet (wifi) access... I wish they had free wifi more widely throughout the hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Tokyo, Japan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

I will not stay at this hotel again. The beds were so hard, it was like sleeping on a slab of concrete. The service was pretty rude. When I arrived at the check-in counter, they just looked at me and said "yes?" as if I was bothering them.

The location is ok (in front of the Hard Rock Cafe and Duty Free Shops) and it is very quiet at night, which is nice (seems like most of Saipan is quiet though).

The hotel could use some upgrades as it feels pretty old in the rooms and common areas.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Garapan hotels

Seoul
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

It's a cheap place to stay.
Out of the hotel, you can see the beach.
But you can't swim because of lots of seaweeds.
You can use the pool in the hotel. But you can't swim in the evening and at night because there is no lifeguard at night.
Bathroom and the bed are really sucks. Especially the mattress.
Near the hotel, there are cheap and biggest market in Saipan and duty free shop.
On the second day, because of the weather:thunder and lightening, lights were out.
After that, TV didn't work too.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
South Korea
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

This hotel was built for college age Japanese travelers. This hotel is built and run by Japanese owners. The treatment I got was less than wonderful. If you are a traveler and expect nice rooms and good western food, clean pools and nice staff- avoid Hafadai.
My bed was so hard- I did not sleep for 7 hours. I called management and complained.
They said I was in a "Japanese Style" room with rock hard beds and even the pillows smelled of mold. Mold on the walls, broken fixtures, cold water, smells, and very dirty.
Unfriendly and not willing to help staff. Food in the moring was 100% Japanese, nothing western at all to eat. Saipanese staff could care less about vistors. Money in the only thing fueling this hotel. hotel manager shook and was scared of me when I asked for refund.

*** if you got to the website you will NOTE that there is no pictures of the rooms.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2009

We just spent a week in Saipan and had a great time. One wonderful thing about Hafadai Hotel is its location. Hotel is near almost everything but it doesn't feel rushed or stuck in the middle of hustle and bustle. It is within walking distance from many many restaurants, markets and shops.

Hotel has great and affordable spa services available. $35 for pedicure, but also you can get massages throughout the city for less. Front desk staff is extremely friendly. There are 7 restaurants right at the hotel. Pool hours are 9:00 am to 6:00 pm with life guard on duty. The hotel beach is usually empty and plenty of chairs are available. Tourists are mostly Japanese, Korean and Russian. Pool bar is also available. On site they have tour companies, to schedule excursions and also a place to rent a car in case you wish to explore the island. ( recommended). Always ask for discounts - they have military discounts for almost everything.

The rooms are somewhat smaller but comfortable. One thing that we had a hard time with is that the beds are Japanese beds - very hard and not comfortable. All rooms , except tower with suites, have 2 double full size beds. If you wish they are happy to put the beds together for you. Also, room have a small refrigerator and a small balcony with Amazing View of the Sea! :) Just beautiful!

I'd recommend a wonderful Italian restaurant right down the street from hotel Capriciossa. Authentic Italian Food! Also, you can sign up for Sunset Cruise - Jerry is the entertainer and it is a lot of fun. He also sings every night at Hard Rock Caffe right across the street.

We had an amazing diving experience in Saipan - so I suggest you do that.

Also, right at the hotel's beach they have their water sports. I suggest transfer to Managaha Island - which has amazing snorkeling!! Lots and Lots of fish! Also there you can do parasailing - $50 and banana boat. :) p.s. With Managaha Island you have to pay for transfer to the island, $5 to be on the island, and you can rent everything from chairs to towels there.

We had a great time! The local people are so unbelivably friendly there! We rented a car and explored the island. Enjoy yourself!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2005

Friendly staff, resort style pool complex with poolside bar. Six restaurants on site, right on the beach. Across the road from DFS, Hard Rock Cafe and close to a supermarket and other touristy shops. Walking distance to more restaurants and outside 'shopping mall'. The older, cheaper rooms are a little tired but clean and affordable. Enjoyed our stay.

Been to Hafadai Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!